check this one out

anyone else feel flushes are overrated? or do i just lose to them alot..lol im ctdirt shoulda i have just pushed PF to the 1200 raise?

Comments

• I definitely would have pushed preflop, by just calling you gave the A,9 odds to call. You have approx 15 BB going into the hand so even if you push and they fold you gain significant chips. Not a good idea to play QQ against 2 players at this blind level.
  • BB 300; your stack 4500-ish; M is 6.7; your starting hand QQ; preflop raise to 1500...
    insta push no question.
  • Yes pushing was Defn the right move, and Vs A9 your a 70/30 Fav, but Aces have special Powers, or atleast I think they do lol

(4 Tanti)

You will notice players chasing flush draws often, if your getting the right odds to chase it then sure why not, its better to chase in a cash game then it is in a freeze out tourny because once you lose your out, where as in a cash game you can re-buy. the problem with flush draw is this, your cards are more then likley dead, if you hit a pair your more then likley dominated. not to mention some of your outs where thrown away by other players.

so here is some math for you Flopping a Flush 118/1 or 0.84% of the time
    Flopping a flush draw 8.1/1 or 10.9%. So lets say you flop a flush draw you have 9 outs. which works out rougley to be 36% to improve your hand by the river, you missed the turn, now its 18%.

And one more thing let go of a flush draw if the board is paired, you might hit but your opponent might have a full house and will take everything you have.
  • What happened to the hand?