Pocket 10s - 4 Handed (SB vs. BB) - What do you do here?

SB has been raising a lot of pots, but I hadn't seen him do a min raise before like this when it came down to SB/BB. Usually he would raise more.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6525205713: Tier One 600 FTP Sit & Go (49597762), Table 1 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:39:12 ET - 2008/05/22
Seat 2: DTMFM1 (1,855)
Seat 4: bigchief44 (4,640)
Seat 8: brbgraham (2,700)
Seat 9: deluso1212 (4,305)
bigchief44 posts the small blind of 50
brbgraham posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to brbgraham
deluso1212 folds
DTMFM1 folds
bigchief44 raises to 200
brbgraham raises to 600
bigchief44 raises to 1,800

What would you do next?

Comments

• Prize structure please?
  • Only 1st wins a $26 token...nothing big.
  • poooooooooooosh
  • i hate when people just min raise. it could mean one of three things: he's an idiot who doesn't know how much to raise in general, he has a monster and is begging for action, or he has a medium hand (low PP perhaps). i am very wary when a player who i have labeled as a good player suddenly makes a min raise.

in your specific situation, he min raised, you reraised and he reraised you again. i'm really thinking he has a monster hand. however, due to the structure (only first pays) and number of entrants left i think i'd have to push all in here.

(side note: that's why i don't usually like satellites where payouts are very top heavy (ex. only first wins); it forces you to "gamble" in situations like this where i'd mostly prefer to wait for a better situation)
  • Yep... that's what I did... I thought long and hard about it and put him on AJ-AK... even though I am slight edge I don't like to race for my chips in what is pretty much a coinflip, but given the prize structure I needed a big double up, and this was probably gonna be my best chance. here is the rest of the hand:

brbgraham has 15 seconds left to act
    brbgraham has requested TIME
    brbgraham raises to 2,700, and is all in
    bigchief44 calls 900
    brbgraham shows
    bigchief44 shows [Ah Qc]
    *** FLOP *** [As 7h 6c]
    *** TURN *** [As 7h 6c] [5c]
    *** RIVER *** [As 7h 6c 5c] [5d]
    brbgraham shows two pair, Tens and Fives
    bigchief44 shows two pair, Aces and Fives
    bigchief44 wins the pot (5,400) with two pair, Aces and Fives
    brbgraham stands up
    The blinds are now 60/120
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5,400 | Rake 0
    Board: [As 7h 6c 5c 5d]
    Seat 2: DTMFM1 (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 4: bigchief44 (small blind) showed [Ah Qc] and won (5,400) with two pair, Aces and Fives
    Seat 8: brbgraham (big blind) showed and lost with two pair, Tens and Fives
    Seat 9: deluso1212 didn't bet (folded)
  • That's ok, you're going to have to flip at some point with winner takes all and with the dead money in the pot it's the right play. Too bad online poker is rigged or you'd have that sweet sweet $26 token right now.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    That's ok, you're going to have to flip at some point with winner takes all and with the dead money in the pot it's the right play. Too bad online poker is rigged or you'd have that sweet sweet $26 token right now.

LOL... yea, it has been hard getting through the day without it ;)
  • VS. Online Anonymous players without real good reads:

Min Raise = Monster Hand. I woulda folded.

However, If i had made the same read you did, which 99% of the time I wouldn't in this instance, I call.