How do you play it?

BBC's challenge post got me thinking I should be posting hh's. So...thoughts street by street? Villian is playing pretty laggy this early, but ss says slightly winning reg (contradiction).

*********** # 197 **************
PokerStars Game #17485872876: Tournament #88648091, $25+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/05/17 - 02:41:13 (ET)
Table '88648091 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: Akala16 (1705 in chips)
Seat 2: shieldsit (2285 in chips)
Seat 3: olmone (1235 in chips)
Seat 4: xxgugixx (935 in chips)
Seat 5: trempy67 (1160 in chips)
Seat 6: pearson251 (2155 in chips)
Seat 7: Friskyb (2280 in chips)
Seat 8: yourmomasnxt (1340 in chips)
Seat 9: PeachPitter2 (405 in chips)
Akala16: posts small blind 25
shieldsit: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Akala16 [5h Qh]
olmone: folds
xxgugixx: folds
trempy67: calls 50
pearson251: calls 50
Friskyb: calls 50
yourmomasnxt: folds
PeachPitter2 has timed out
PeachPitter2: folds
PeachPitter2 is sitting out
Akala16: calls 25
shieldsit: checks
*** FLOP *** [2h 7h Qs]
Akala16: bets 200
PeachPitter2 has returned
shieldsit: calls 200
trempy67: folds
pearson251: folds
Friskyb: folds
*** TURN *** [2h 7h Qs] [Jh]
Akala16: bets 250
shieldsit: calls 250
*** RIVER *** [2h 7h Qs Jh] [9h]
Akala16: checks
shieldsit: bets 750

Comments

• kitchener microdonks need not apply?

PF, call is fine. 90+% of the time you are tossing 25 away but once in a while, you hit it big...

like on this flop! full (or 80%) pot-sized bet is good. start building it up. i'm happy to get it in here if someone wants to get friskyb. lol

you turn the 3rd nut. you bet 250 into a 650 pot. me no likey. you've given someone with KhQo decent odds to draw out on you. or Ah7x? but you really have to wonder what he is calling you down with? 9h9x? i'm going to guess some kind of pair + draw or low flush? lol if he is slowplaying a 'monster'. are you just trying to milk it weakly or afraid you're beat?

river - what are you afraid of? if your check was to induce a bluff, get it all in here. (if you think you are beat, blame your turn bet.) he's got about half his stack in the pot, so i doubt he's folding. i can't fold 3rd nut here the way it has been played. i push here. no point continuing to play this sng with 600 chips if you have been outplayed.
  • If you're afraid of him having A/Kh on the river you have no one to blame but yourself. You bet weak after the turn with a big hand.

Sorry if it's just a condensed pkrfce9 analysis but he's right. Now who wants to pat me on the back for patting him on the back?
  • Now who wants to pat me on the back for patting him on the back?
    shazam!
  • *** FLOP *** [2h 7h Qs]
    Bet of $200 was good. Since only caller was Big Blind its hard to put him on a really good hand unless he is a calling station.
    *** TURN *** [2h 7h Qs] [Jh]
    I'd bet a bit more, probably at least $350. Unfortunately the bet of $250 doesn't really tell you about what kind of hand he is on at this point and gives him good value to draw you out (like pkrfce stated)
    *** RIVER *** [2h 7h Qs Jh] [9h]
    Well, if he did stay in with something like Ah or Kh then like others said you deserve it for not betting stronger on the turn. Time to get the rest of the chips in there and hope he just made a lower flush.
  • I agree with Pkrfce. I'd make the call, hopefully he didnt call with KhQ, figure more often then not I'm winning this.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    kitchener microdonks need not apply?

PF, call is fine. 90+% of the time you are tossing 25 away but once in a while, you hit it big...

like on this flop! full (or 80%) pot-sized bet is good. start building it up. i'm happy to get it in here if someone wants to get friskyb. lol

you turn the 3rd nut. you bet 250 into a 650 pot. me no likey. you've given someone with KhQo decent odds to draw out on you. or Ah7x? but you really have to wonder what he is calling you down with? 9h9x? i'm going to guess some kind of pair + draw or low flush? lol if he is slowplaying a 'monster'. are you just trying to milk it weakly or afraid you're beat?

river - what are you afraid of? if your check was to induce a bluff, get it all in here. (if you think you are beat, blame your turn bet.) he's got about half his stack in the pot, so i doubt he's folding. i can't fold 3rd nut here the way it has been played. i push here. no point continuing to play this sng with 600 chips if you have been outplayed.

Don't dissargee at all. However the way the hand played out I think we can narrow down his hand range to the point where we can take a non standard line.

pf. standard fold but I've seen a couple of these guys before and will see them again so let's vary our play slightly while it's cheap w/e

flop standard

turn Ah Q (yes he limps that here) Kh Q will shove over a weak looking bet here. I don't see Ah x Kh x calling the flop bet. A set will also shove. I'm fine with either, let's get it in. What if he's only got top pair? It's quite possible as top pair with draw likely shoves over here as well, and again that's fine.

So let's make a weak looking/probe type bet to get him to shove it in or hopefully keep him calling cheaply with top pair and not blow him off the pot.

river What can he call a bet with here? Again he doesn't call the flop bet with Ahx or Khx and if he had the Q plus a fd we would have it all in the middle by now. He may make a crying call with a smaller flush but his line so far doesn't make a whole lot of sense for that. Hard to get paid off by leading out here. So...let's look weak for the second street in a row and see if he jams it.
  • At least $500 on the turn and get it in on this river.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    At least $500 on the turn and get it in on this river.

Usually on the turn yes. I posted this one because I went for a non standard line here based on a multitabling reg vs reg scenario and by the river I thought his hand may as well be face up. Got me wondering how often when multitabling my hands may as well be face up and what people would put villian on.