Tourny help

I have 13 people playing a home tourny tonight. For those that know, should I have 1 or 2 tables?

Comments

• 13 could be tough...and it's an odd number...maybe consider a table of 6 and a table of 7...merge when you have 10 players?
  • I agree, start with tables of 6 and 7, and merge at 10. Also, I'd suggest you rebalance the tables immediately if the first player who busts out happens to be from the 6 player table. I.e., play tables of 6 & 6 rather than 5 & 7.

ScottyZ
  • I agree two table's is the way I thought to go also.
    Lets say it is 7 and 6 players at the table..If one player is knocked out from the 6 player table then a player that is sitting in the same position (relative to the button) at the 7 player table changes tables..We would now have 6+6..Then perhaps once we get down to 5+5 we make one table..

Well last night I was rushing last minute to get things ready(finishing the new table) and a few of the guys are saying to play just one table and lets go! So I try and explain to them we need 2 tables but I quickly give in...
    Sooo we had 13 guys at one table and it freaken sucked!
    First hand I am delt AA in late position. I raise pre flop double the BB and there are three callers.
    Flop is Q x x rainbow. It is checked all the way to me and I bet three times the BB, one caller.
    The turn, X
    Checked to me, I bet five times the BB and he folds....This turns out to be the highlight of my night. :roll:

Fot the next hour and a half I am getting rags, so ocassionally in late position I try to bluff the pot and no one budges..It is as if I was holding my cards face up...

Anyway I end up bleeding to death and I am out in 11th place. :evil: I am delt A,10o I make my last move...which is to the sidelines. :(

Long story short, in the future I will have the tables set up and ready to go the night before our regular games so that things will run smoother...

I realize the above has nothing to do with me losing out, I just don't like when things do not run properly... :)
  • Oops, that last post was me.

Esool
  • If you could actually fit 13 at the table anyway, there's nothing wrong with dealing two virtual tournament tables of 6 and 7 at the same physical table.

And how do you "bleed to death" in a 11 to 13 handed game? I'd expect the exact opposite, since you get so many free hands per orbit I'd expect a very slow pace, and almost no urgency to play hands. This is why 13 handed is weird to begin with... not enough incentive to get into the action rather than waiting for good hands.

ScottyZ
  • 13 was too tight...Two tables next time for sure!
    ScottyZ wrote:
    If you could actually fit 13 at the table anyway, there's nothing wrong with dealing two virtual tournament tables of 6 and 7 at the same physical table.

And how do you "bleed to death" in a 11 to 13 handed game? I'd expect the exact opposite,
    ScottyZ

You make a good point. :oops: I was limping in preflop too often and I also made a few bets in position trying to get players to fold but it wasn't working..

Thanks now I realize how truly shitty I was playing after all.. :oops: