Can I Really Lay This Down?

Early in the tournament so no real reads... $100+9 NL (Turbo). My brother asked me to play for him until he got home, now I feel like a jackass for getting him knocked out with this hand...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

CO (t1455)
Button (t2050)
SB (t1515)
BB (t1660)
UTG (t1540)
UTG+1 (t1300)
MP1 (t1300)
Hero (t1510)
MP3 (t1090)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with as.gif, ac.gif.
UTG raises to t100, 2 folds, Hero raises to t350, 5 folds, UTG calls t250.

Flop: (t775) tc.gif, ks.gif, ad.gif(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets t550, UTG raises to t1100, Hero raises to t1160, UTG calls t60.

Turn: (t3095) js.gif(2 players)

River: (t3095) 7h.gif(2 players)

Final Pot: t3095

Results in white below:
UTG has Jh Qc (straight, ace high).
Hero has As Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins t3095.

Comments

• Of course you can't fold, are you kidding?
  • Hands like this are just so sick and why I have pretty much stopped playing NL Holdem. Sure enough the idiot that called with QJos pre-flop was knocked out shortly after. The only thing I wonder if my re-raise was big enough. I knew right when I saw that flop that if he was dumb enough to call with QJ I was screwed because there was no way I was gonna get off that hand on that flop. I put him on 2 pr at best, possibly lower set.
  • No, you can't ever fold top set in that spot ever. Tough hand, but even if he turns over qj I THINK YOU HAVE TO GO WITH IT GIVEN THE MONEY ALREADY IN THE POT.

Ooops sry caps.
  • Nope you played it right and got sucked out huge.

Tough one.
  • I agree. You played it right, but you got unlucky.
  • LOL.

You still have 7 outs on the flop and 10 on the river to make the nuts and you maybe don't even have to because he could be making this play with a lower set, or even two pair. I don't think you can fold this if you were 1000BB deep.
  • when i saw the poster and the title, i immediately thought 'yep' without even reading the post...

but no, you played it perfectly. you did not get sucked out on but the other player got incredibly lucky. you were behind when the money went in but you are well ahead of the range you could expect to see here.

your brother should not be unhappy with your play HERE. if he gives you a hard time, you should refuse to take any more free trips to monte carlo with him!
  • You played it fine.
    There is only one hand that is beating you (and he happened to have it), but you still had 7 outs on the turn (3 tens, 3 kings, 1 ace) and 14 on the river (3 tens, 3 jacks, 4 queens, 3 kings, 1 ace).
    I know the queens gives a chop.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You played it fine.
    There is only one hand that is beating you (and he happened to have it), but you still had 11 outs on the flop
    (3 tens, 3 kings, 1 ace, 4 queens).

you're thinking of the ocean
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    you're thinking of the ocean

I have corrected my numbers.....included the turn card when looking at the flop :D
  • Graham wrote: »
    Hands like this are just so sick and why I have pretty much stopped playing NL Holdem.

If you really feel this way for the love of jeebus stop playing Omaha.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    If you really feel this way for the love of jeebus stop playing Omaha.

Did you know that on a non-straight, non-flush board that top set can be behind hu in PLO?

the_more_you_know2.jpg
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Did you know that on a non-straight, non-flush board that top set can be behind hu in PLO?

WAT? Sick beats dont happen in Omaha. Top set is the nuts.
  • This is border line "silly question". Nobodys folding here!
  • Just last week I was playing a tourney on PS when I got AA in mid. I re-raised an early raiser and BB calls and early raiser calls. Flop is AQJ rainbow and BB bets out and early raiser folds. Stacks and pot size says to move in and BB calls and turns over KTo.

Couldn't be a PokerStars special, could it? Nah.
  • Couldn't be a PokerStars special, could it? Nah.

Stars has a lot of those "specials"... and for some reason they let me sample them all.
  • Graham wrote: »
    $100+9 NL (Turbo).

PokerStars
    UTG has Jh Qc (straight, ace high).
    Hero has As Ac (three of a kind, aces).
    Outcome: UTG wins t3095.

Wat?
  • Akala16 wrote: »
    Wat?

Wat?