Omaha_Ed's road trip Part 2-Edmonton

Well as I said in part one---Minneapolis while not hitting the big ones was quite successful. Then came Edmonton. I got draw here because of the creation of the new Canadian Poker Tour. I fthought it would be cool to get a jump on that if possible and see where it goes. Well, the week featured four events---Stud, Omaha 8, Limit Hold"em, and the main event No limit HE. To make a short story shorter, I blanked in all four. The stud, I never really got hands to get ahead. The O8, I doubled up with an early rush and proceeded to go card dead for 3 hours (how does that happen on omaha?). In Limit Hlod'em I found an extraordinary amount of good hands early but the boards kept me about even in chips until the higher limits when the hands ran out. The only real story came in NL where I showed everyone how good I can play---then how bad I can play also. I controlled the table nicely and built my stack up from $7500 to about $23,00 at dinner break. The field had dwindled to 170 from 282 at this point. Then card dead for about an hour, I guess I got impatient (or brain dead). My stack blinded down to about 20,000, I picked up an A-9 in the cutoff seat. The blinds now 500-1000 and conservative players left to get by I decided to take the blinds with a raise to 3,000. The button calls and the blinds go away. I get a flop of A-K-9 which looks not bad but they are all clubs. The player left with me, I know from playing with him since the start would never call the raise with clubs if he were missing the ace or king. Still, I decided to check. He bets 8,000 into me. After a lot of thought I decide to call in case he has Queens with the club or A-Q with the Q of clubs. When the turn brings a deuce od hearts I push my remaining 9,000 in knowing he hasn't got clubs or a set from the way the hand played out. He took forever to make up his mind about calling and I was sure he was laying it down (he had seen me take pots earlier with hands like 10-J suited etc). When he finally decided he had to call he unfortunately had the one other hand I hadn't counted on from the betting, A-K. The river just missed me bringing an 8 and I was sent packing. As of this entry I am still kicking my self for getting involved with a weak ace to begin with, and then not sacrificing my 3,000 and folding on that dangerous flop. Oh well. It is back to the armpit of Canada that I call home and my computer action while I decide what the next trip should be. Could be Foxwoods and could be Regina. Anyways, still looking for road partners if anyone from SW Ontario is interested. Good luck to all and talk to you again soon. Maybe I'll even be able to get into another member tourney after missing the last 2. Gotta start catching up to the chiel lol.

Comments

• You mentioned you are looking for road partners for upcoming tourneys. I'm definately interested. Send me a pm
  • Hey Whats up

I'm from windsor too an I was reading your post about a poker partner, send me some info of what u got in mind. I'm also in the middle of setting up a windsor poker club so if u want I can keep u updated. u can email me at shutemdown@cogeco.ca