Poker Stars, $3 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 75/150 Blinds, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 4,315
UTG: 1,905
MP: 3,830
CO: 1,210
BTN: 2,475
Hero (SB): 1,265

Pre-Flop: (225) 6:heart: 6:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP raises to 300, CO raises to 1,210 and is All-In, 3 folds, MP calls 910

Results: 2,645 Pot (2,645 Rake)

MP calls light so while I folded, I totally expected him to call, what's your line?

Comments

• With a raise and re-raise before me, I fold 66 here easily. Chances are, you're behind and need to hit a 6. You are in a spot where you need to pick a hand and shove but a hand with a single raise is probably a better spot.
  • Fold Fold Fold
  • Fold.

You need to make a move, but not being the first one in the pot this time really saved you. Thinking you're beat, and only another 6 can save you. Let the two battle it out and move you up the ranking. Pick a better spot to make your move.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Fold.

You need to make a move, but not being the first one in the pot this time really saved you. Thinking you're beat, and only another 6 can save you. Let the two battle it out and move you up the ranking. Pick a better spot to make your move.

Yep blinds are 75/150. If I am opening the pot, I'm shoving first here. So lucky you.
  • Rest of the hand..

Player MP opens AJo player CO opens ATs, flop comes 968 rainbow :)

That's why I asked the question, because in this case it would have worked out, and plugging the hands into PokerStove I was a 50/25/25 fav. Although if one had had a PP higher than 6's, I would have been screwed :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.
  • Be careful not to convince yourself that next time it would be a good play because it WOULD have worked out this time. You might have been ahead, but you still made the right move considering.
  • Agreed. I don't even like TT, JJ or QQ in this exact situation. All the chips are in, it is going to showdown, I don't want to be against a bunch of overcards.
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Rest of the hand..

Player MP opens AJo player CO opens ATs, flop comes 968 rainbow :)

That's why I asked the question, because in this case it would have worked out, and plugging the hands into PokerStove I was a 50/25/25 fav. Although if one had had a PP higher than 6's, I would have been screwed :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Don't misread the math here. According to your numbers, you are only 50/50 to win the pot at best assuming nobody had an overpair. Although you are a favourite against each player individually, you would not normally be a favourite to beat both players.
  • Also, don't read too much into the results.

Some sites do not set the deck order prior to a deal, but they instead determine the next card to come when needed. This helps with the randomization process.

So just because you saw your card on the flop does not mean you would have seen it had you stayed in the hand.
    I like to pretend that all sites use this so that I can remain blissfully untilted. :D
  • Thanks again guys!
  • don't put up the results so early...

if you know he's opening light, likely the other player does too and is raising with a good hand (looking for an easy double) but not a great one.

you have 8 BBs left. unless my spidey senses are tingling, i likely jam hear and look for the triple.

are you saying an Ace came on the turn or river? that would be the least of my worries here.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    don't put up the results so early...

if you know he's opening light, likely the other player does too and is raising with a good hand (looking for an easy double) but not a great one.

you have 8 BBs left. unless my spidey senses are tingling, i likely jam hear and look for the triple.

are you saying an Ace came on the turn or river? that would be the least of my worries here.

No I was good all the way through, the 6 on the flop made my hand.
  • In a $3 turbo tourney? Fold? HUH?

What are the opening ranges here? If either of these guys has a VPIP of 12 or less then yes fold.

Other then that you snap call here getting >2-1 with 8BB.

What are you waiting for the second coming of AA against a single opponent?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Also, don't read too much into the results.

Some sites do not set the deck order prior to a deal, but they instead determine the next card to come when needed. This helps with the randomization process.

So just because you saw your card on the flop does not mean you would have seen it had you stayed in the hand.
    I like to pretend that all sites use this so that I can remain blissfully untilted. :D

I totally DID NOT know this about online poker.

Do you know of any sites where I can read more about this?
  • I was recently in a tourney with pretty much the exact same scenerio. Instead I have pocket 9's in the SB and I was short stacked. Raise from early and a re-raise all-in from the CO. I folded the pocket 9's. They turned over the hands AA and AK respectively.

Before the flop I wispered to the guy beside what cards I just folded and he said I made the wrong decision because I would be getting 3-1 on my money and I was very close to being all-in anyway. But I figure I was up against two higher cards and likey an overpair which it turned out to be just that. I would have been a huge underdog on the hand. The AA did hold up.

Moral of the story....

I would have been out of the tourney in about 15th place and got no money instead I ended up winning the tourney and pocketed $ 30,000.
  • I would likely call there in a $3 and pray for no over pairs, you have like m=5? Did you recently lose a hand? Maybe you're playing too tight to get in that spot in the first place.
  • Sven wrote: »
    I was recently in a tourney with pretty much the exact same scenerio. Instead I have pocket 9's in the SB and I was short stacked. Raise from early and a re-raise all-in from the CO. I folded the pocket 9's. They turned over the hands AA and AK respectively.

Before the flop I wispered to the guy beside what cards I just folded and he said I made the wrong decision because I would be getting 3-1 on my money and I was very close to being all-in anyway. But I figure I was up against two higher cards and likey an overpair which it turned out to be just that. I would have been a huge underdog on the hand. The AA did hold up.

Moral of the story....

I would have been out of the tourney in about 15th place and got no money instead I ended up winning the tourney and pocketed $ 30,000.

I'm sure you can have much more accurate reads live than in a $3 online MTT. Also, results are pretty irrelevant wrt the correct decision at the time.
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Poker Stars, $3 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 75/150 Blinds, 6 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 4,315
    UTG: 1,905
    MP: 3,830
    CO: 1,210
    BTN: 2,475
    Hero (SB): 1,265

Pre-Flop: (225) 6:heart: 6:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
    UTG folds, MP raises to 300, CO raises to 1,210 and is All-In, 3 folds, MP calls 910

Results: 2,645 Pot (2,645 Rake)

MP calls light so while I folded, I totally expected him to call, what's your line?

When you have a small pair you are either a big dog or a small favorite here.
    You are only a big favorite if they both .. have 22-55.. (pretty much never)

But that doesn't matter!

You have an M of about 5.

The pot is giving you good odds.

Easy autoshoveadonkomatic.

You will probably be eliminated.

But you must shove here.