AA question...

Another one where I feel I didn't get alot for the hand I had...

Situation... I just got AA the hand before and double up to 6415$
I get AA again and I raise a little

PokerStars Game #16556031926: Tournament #83594136, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/04/07 - 13:44:15 (ET)
Table '83594136 191' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: FrEnChYnUtS (1405 in chips)
Seat 2: answer03 (3555 in chips)
Seat 3: zligri (12353 in chips)
Seat 4: wingz79 (1490 in chips)
Seat 5: InsaneGuy (6415 in chips)
Seat 6: betkarma (3195 in chips)
Seat 7: xturk (4252 in chips)
Seat 8: Irie Inity (7630 in chips)
Seat 9: interiste (3030 in chips)
xturk: posts small blind 25
Irie Inity: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InsaneGuy [Ac Ad]
interiste: folds
FrEnChYnUtS: folds
answer03: folds
zligri: folds
wingz79: folds
InsaneGuy: raises 150 to 200
betkarma: folds
xturk: calls 175
Irie Inity: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [Qc Ah 4h]

What do you do here? There 2 heart and a possible str draw.
I have the nuts but it could turn into a dangerous board...

xturk: checks
Irie Inity: checks
InsaneGuy: bets 600
xturk: folds
Irie Inity: folds

Was the pot bet exagerated? Could have given them more odds by just betting 1/2 ? Is checking an option there?

Comments

• You have to bet here every time with that board. I would bet 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot at a minimum. There is no point in letting someone draw at that flush for free.
  • You can't give free cards on this board, I would bet probably half the pot. Still getting value but a lot of people would still call the pot sized raise with one of their draws, so you would get the same info for less.
  • Alright... well I'm glad I made the right move on those 2 hands I posted
  • Farough wrote: »
    Still getting value but a lot of people would still call the pot sized raise with one of their draws, so you would get the same info for less.

Why do you want to get this info for less? If you do that, you're letting them try to hit their draw for less. You already know you have the best hand, so make them pay. The actual bet amount depends on the players involved but I'll usually bet 2/3 pot unless I know they will pay anything to chase draws and then I'll fire probably pot sized if not a bit more.
  • I like 2/3 pot here also. You want someone to call on a draw to extract more chips, but then you want to make them pay a lot more on the turn if nothing comes.
  • You played it fine for a Five-bucker. It's better to win a small pot then lose a big one.

nh.
  • You are definitely right to bet and you should bet what you normally do in this situation. A set of aces is not a money making hand. All you can hope for in this type of scenario is a guy with KhQh or KhJh to get aggressive, somebody to have QQ or 44 or somebody to have the case A. But that's the minority of the time so it's most common to bet here and get folds. Cest la vie.

Just as a side note, the stack sizes to matter somewhat here. If you are against short stacks, then maybe checking is okay if you figure they are going to take a shot if they have anything. In your case, you are against a guy that can bust you and a guy that can cripply you. Just bet and actually be glad they folded.
  • I hate checking. Unless your opponents have a huge aggression factor on the flop and you plan to check raise...

I don't think 1/2 pot is big enough.. Giving 3 to 1 for the first player and 4 to 1 for the 2nd player if the 1st calls..

And giving them both the huge 10 to 1 or so implied odds....

Yuck...

Raise more ... at *least* 2/3 or 3/4.

Comments?
  • I hate checking. Unless your opponents have a huge aggression factor on the flop and you plan to check raise...

I don't think 1/2 pot is big enough.. Giving 3 to 1 for the first player and 4 to 1 for the 2nd player if the 1st calls..

And giving them both the huge 10 to 1 or so implied odds....

Yuck...

Raise more ... at *least* 2/3 or 3/4.

Comments?
    Yes, 1/2 pot bets should be reserved for heads up on a dry board.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Why do you want to get this info for less? If you do that, you're letting them try to hit their draw for less. You already know you have the best hand, so make them pay. The actual bet amount depends on the players involved but I'll usually bet 2/3 pot unless I know they will pay anything to chase draws and then I'll fire probably pot sized if not a bit more.

Because, if he's willing to call off the stack with a draw, when/ if he hits you want to be able to get off the hand without being commited.
  • I would hope some ace ragtard would push back at me at this point.

I think you played it fine, a push may have been dangerous , but you bet enough to let them know you weren't fooling around, anyone on a draw would have called to the turn and maybe the river anyway.

WOW AAA actually hold up!!

NICE HAND!!
  • Farough wrote: »
    Because, if he's willing to call off the stack with a draw, when/ if he hits you want to be able to get off the hand without being commited.

Yeah, the first thing I do when I flop top set is look around for all the ways I might get outdrawn. Take off the tin foil hat and get as much money in the pot as you can.