Bunch of hands

So, I am $65 away from my 25BI goal for making the move to $100NL. Of course I run through a bad patch and have a nice downswing....better now than right after I move up FWIW.

Anway I am feeling a bit spinny right now and these are all the significant hands I have played in the last 1500 or so that have made it to show down. If anyone has interest in looking at these hands an giving feedback great! If not then you can die in a grease fire! Kidding obv.

Hand 1: Guy is short and splasing around in a ton of pots. I hammer his min bet on the flop because this usually means he has something weak or a draw. He calls and then I make my hand on the turn. Not much to see here.

Hand 2
: This is pretty tilty and bad. My thought at the time is that I could likely get a bunch of medium pairs like 1010+ to stack off here. But really it was just tilty and bad.

Hand 3:
How I run against short stacks.

Hand 4: Does any body find a fold here?

Hand 5: How I run against short stacks part 2.

Hand 6: Same guy, couple hands later. He flats the button and then shoves over my re-reaise. Too much in the pot to fold when I am flipping and I could be ahead of Ax here too.

Hand 7: Meh. I don't know what the hell with this hand. Just trying to drag a medium size pot for one time in like forever. I could have/should have fired the turn here but it just would have cost me more money in this case.

Hand 8: Yep. Have some history with this guy. I had a note that this guy plays his draws really fast and slows down with made hands. Flop check/raise is just mixing it up my game.

Hand 9: Lose the minimum here. Optimal word is lose.

Somebody shoot me!

Comments

• Hand 1: you can get away with raising less on the flop but with his stack and that turn you can't fold

Hand 2: Bet more on the flop

Hand 3: Standard

Hand 4: Raise preflop... raise more on the flop... getting away from it in a limped pot is possible in this spot since his line just screams strength

Hand 5: standard

Hand 6: standard

Hand 7: I think you need to bet the river

Hand 8: i prefer cbetting but c/r is fine i guess... hand plays itself from that point

Hand 9: fine unless he is a calling station... then bet the turn
  • cadillac wrote: »
    So, I am $65 away from my 25BI goal for making the move to $100NL. Of course I run through a bad patch and have a nice downswing....better now than right after I move up FWIW.

Anway I am feeling a bit spinny right now and these are all the significant hands I have played in the last 1500 or so that have made it to show down. If anyone has interest in looking at these hands an giving feedback great! If not then you can die in a grease fire! Kidding obv.

Hand 1: Guy is short and splasing around in a ton of pots. I hammer his min bet on the flop because this usually means he has something weak or a draw. He calls and then I make my hand on the turn. Not much to see here.
    I hate your overbet on the flop. betting 2/3 to 3/4 pot should get the job done.

Hand 2
    : This is pretty tilty and bad. My thought at the time is that I could likely get a bunch of medium pairs like 1010+ to stack off here. But really it was just tilty and bad.
    Why did you bet $2 into a $6.50 on the flop. You need to bet $4.50 at least to get some information about his hand.

Hand 3:
    How I run against short stacks.
    Is overbetting into a 3suited board with and overpair on the flop a good idea?
    Why not play passive here?
    You don't need to c-bet hard here?

Hand 4: Does any body find a fold here?
    This one is rough. You're ahead of the 4 or 3 high flush and AhX KhX when you get min raised.
    Although folding to min raises will let you be exploited by astute opponents. Sometimes in low limits min raises are much more scary than all ins. That said I usually lose my money here calling down like a sissy. Especially when no 4th heart comes.

Hand 5: How I run against short stacks part 2.
    Nothing to see here. You played perfect but AQ>AK
    Hand 6: Same guy, couple hands later. He flats the button and then shoves over my re-reaise. Too much in the pot to fold when I am flipping and I could be ahead of Ax here too.
    Nothing to see here. You played perfect but 55>AK.
    Hand 7: Meh. I don't know what the hell with this hand. Just trying to drag a medium size pot for one time in like forever. I could have/should have fired the turn here but it just would have cost me more money in this case.
    I would have bet the turn and lost more money in this hand. How did you know? Good job!
    Hand 8: Yep. Have some history with this guy. I had a note that this guy plays his draws really fast and slows down with made hands. Flop check/raise is just mixing it up my game.
    Fabulous read calling his all in 3 bet of your check raise.
    I'd have trouble making that call.
    Too bad he sucked out.
    Hand 9: Lose the minimum here. Optimal word is lose.

Well played!
    How did you know to slow down on the turn?
    I would have lost more money betting the turn here with an overpair vs that board?
  • Thanks for the input guys.

Reef:

Hand 1 is a PSB exactly. Pretty standard for me here.

Hand 2 is a line I take about 10% of the time in this spot against loose aggro players. It is designed to give them some rope to either float the tiny flop bet or raise it or to do it again on the turn. In this case :-(

Hand 3 is a PSB again on the flop. Pretty standard again in protecting my hand.

Hand 4 should have folded in a limped pot.
    Thanks for the input guys.

Reef:

Hand 1 is a PSB exactly. Pretty standard for me here.
    I don't like the pot sized bet here. It puts about $14 in the pot with him having $7 and change behind when he calls. I don't think you want to commit to this pot on the flop here. You have two overcards and you've been min bet into. Do you want to play for stacks in this situation?
    Hand 2 is a line I take about 10% of the time in this spot against loose aggro players. It is designed to give them some rope to either float the tiny flop bet or raise it or to do it again on the turn. In this case :-(
    That's fine if this is your 10% line.
    Hand 3 is a PSB again on the flop. Pretty standard again in protecting my hand.
    Again. I don't want to commit to this hand. The board is too dangerous for your overpair with. Yes you may be outdrawn but making a PSB commits you to a hand you don't want to be tied to. Do you really want to commit to this hand here?

Hand 4 should have folded in a limped pot.

I have real trouble folding here. Do you fold on the turn?
  • I don't like the pot sized bet here. It puts about $14 in the pot with him having $7 and change behind when he calls. I don't think you want to commit to this pot on the flop here. You have two overcards and you've been min bet into. Do you want to play for stacks in this situation?

Great point!! Although I don't know the answer here you have made me realize that I have not put enough thought into this spot. This situation is fairly common against short stacks and I am sure that there is a sweet spot where I can raise this flop and maximize my fold equity without committing to the pot (admittedly, it likely is in that 2/3 to 3/4 PSB that you origionally brought up!) Cheers!

I can't see flatting his raise and letting him draw at his shit for $0.50. I can't see folding what is very often the best hand so I have to raise here.

Again. I don't want to commit to this hand. The board is too dangerous for your overpair with. Yes you may be outdrawn but making a PSB commits you to a hand you don't want to be tied to. Do you really want to commit to this hand here?

I have the best hand sooooo much here I can't see playing it weakly. Even as played we were pretty much flipping when the money went in.

I have real trouble folding here. Do you fold on the turn?

His line was pretty damn strong and I think I can/should fold the turn in this limped pot, it's pretty easy for him to have 2 random hearts and if he does there is likely one of them bigger that a 7.
    His line was pretty damn strong and I think I can/should fold the turn in this limped pot, it's pretty easy for him to have 2 random hearts and if he does there is likely one of them bigger that a 7.

I personally like to raise with suited connectors like this in late position. Here you prob would have shaked the Q3 guy off, and possibly just took the pot down pre-flop (thus saving you a bunch of money)

• Again. I don't want to commit to this hand. The board is too dangerous for your overpair with. Yes you may be outdrawn but making a PSB commits you to a hand you don't want to be tied to. Do you really want to commit to this hand here?

Yes... you want to get all the money in as fast as possible in this spot against a short stack... there are so many worse hands that will get it in here
  • _obv_ wrote: »
    Yes... you want to get all the money in as fast as possible in this spot against a short stack... there are so many worse hands that will get it in here

RE: hand 3
    QhQs on an 4c8c9c flop

Guys,

I'm not a no limit expert but...

Have you considered....

Sometimes betting on the flop doesn't protect your hand too good vs a short stack that can push all in. Often it's better to delay the flop c-bet and try to protect your hand on the turn.

Of course you look like an idiot if a club comes on the turn. But I'm not convinced betting the flop all in protects your hand...

Thoughts?
  • Hey Reef! With all respect I am not sure what the point is that you are making here.

Here is my thought in this spot in a general game theory sense:

1. I could very well be drawing (almost) dead against a made flush.
    2. Against his range for calling my pre-flop raise and weakly leading the flop I am way ahead.
    3. He will fold to my cbet roughly 80% of the time. (This is a ballpark estimate based on my history of seeing this type of action.)
    4. He could be holding a wide variety of straight or flush draws and giving him a free card is not going to allow me to narrow his range at all when it hits.
    5. Raising his flop bet is going to very often illicit a shove from Ac Xoffsuit or even Kc Xoffsuit (they think they may have some fold equity but don't), and I am 2-1 against them making their hand*.

*I will take 2-1 all day, everyday, for the rest of my life until I the death rattle quells in my throat and I depart this world leaving behind a half-empty apartment and a mountain of credit card debt.

Why doesn't raising the flop protect my hand here???