River Rock Tournies

Has anyone heard if they will be having weekly tournies?
:confused:

Comments

• Tournaments are scheduled for weds and sat. i think that the 16t6h is the next one i could be wrong and the buy ins and rebuys differ from tournament to tournament.Thankfully the live player registration is being abondoned for a set registration time for all.
  • 13th, 16th, 27th & 30th No Limit
    20th Limit

Wed are $40 + rebuys, Sat $100 or $150 with and without rebuys

Max player 165 except Sat 30th they will close all cash games and seat 220 players
  • thanks for the info
  • has the tourney craze slowed down a bit...how early do you have to line up to get a seat now?
  • Sign up starts at 12pm for Wed and 9am for Sat. I don't know if it will be any quieter, there hasn't been one since the 1st. Bigger fields, should be fun.
  • how many spots do they pay one place for every 10??
  • Can anyone confirm that the Saturday tourney's are No Rebuy, No Addon? I'm thinking about going to the tourney on the 30th, if someone goes to the 16th can they post what time they showed up to get their name on the list? If Registration opens at 9am I'm trying to figure out how early we'd have to be there to get on the list to play.
  • hello

I played at the tourney today.. it was very interesting... never seen stuff like that before, but overall id rate it as a good experience, although the hand i lost 9.5/10ths of my stack on was questionable...

About the tourney questions, you can phone the rock and they will tell you. however i believe the 150$ tourney at the end of the month is a freezout.

You could get tickets up untill quite late today, and for some reason this time around i didnt see any of the guys i met in vegas from van during the wsop, as i did the first tourney they had... which was a relief!

The tourney today had some pretty steep blinds and antes towards the end, but personally I don't mind that... I feel confident on my stack no matter what the situations... If im gonna win, well, I win, if not... then i go home :) .
  • I played today and the tourney was well run, but I thought the structure was awful. We couldn't even get through one orbit on the first level. I felt like I was playing a Party sng.
  • harthgosh wrote:
    hello
    About the tourney questions, you can phone the rock and they will tell you. however i believe the 150$ tourney at the end of the month is a freezout.

Ya I don't know last time I tried that they gave me wrong info and totally waisted my time.
  • i didn't play in the second tourney (but played the first) and everyone said it was run much smoother and quicker....which is good to hear

as for the saturday tournies....on the 16th, its $100 with max of 2 rebuys and no addons....and at the end of the month its $150 with no rebuys/addons
  • River Rock has got to get thier shit together!
    the tournament yesterday was missrable run,rebuys were kept track of on a post it note in front of each player(very profesional),the dealers still have no idea what thier doing.At my table there was no less than 10 misdeals,
    dealing in busted out players,dealing the flop after collecting the antes everytime, dealing certain players one card(and not the last player either missing a player in middle position),and finding three cards sitting in her tray after the flop and declaring a misdeal and the pit allowed it!!!!!we spent about 5 min trying to return everyones chips to thier rightful owner.
    At the table i was sitting at we missed 6mins of level three because the dealer wasnt sure if the tournament had resumed yet.

People are always asking when does the cpt come to richmond?How can the richmond expect to host a major tournament if they cant even effeciently run a weekly tournament?
  • At the table i was sitting at we missed 6mins of level three because the dealer wasnt sure if the tournament had resumed yet.

Somebody call Guiness!!! EXTRA EXTRA Read all about it!! Poker players remain silent for 6 minutes while tournament continues all around them!!

The dealers definitely need some work, but get real! :rolleyes: :banghead:
  • im dead serious she wouldnt deal the cards untill the pit came over to tell her it was ok.And it wasnst through lack of complaint from the players.
  • my buddy--who organizes a 2-3 table tourney 3-4 times a years--says river rock has a lot of learning 2 go: it is disorganized, chaotic and it needs a tournament director/boss who knows what he or she is doing, a take control person who is fair and knows the rules and sticks 2 the rules, no bloody mercy.
    if u screw up, your fault...tuff luck...dummy. rules r rules.
    i know they r just starting these tournies (and that is fantastic) but still some order has 2 b followed 4 a smooth well run tourney.
    these screw-ups r sounding like they r pissing people off, and that drives people away...do u want 2 turn off and turn away the masses...?
    i already have been turned off...once bitten, twice shy...by that 1st event, and it sounds like it has NOT gotten any better yet!!!
    so i will shy away 4 now.....