Copag or Kem Cards?

Anyone know where I can get a set of either for a fair price locally (I live in Guelph) I've tried looking online but often places charge almost as much for shipping as the cards cost

Comments

• I think ebay might be your best bet. moose, g2 and I placed an order through ebay and it came to $20 a deck for Kems.
  • Sorry I forget the name of the store, but there's a store (maybe The Game Store) in Conestoga Mall (Kitchener) which has always had them when I needed them. Last time I got them they were $20 for 2 decks of Copag or $35 for Kems + tax.
  • This is what we ordered and what we paid
    Amount: $79.49 USD
    Subject: Order of Copag and Kem
    Note:This deal is for the following items:

3 Sets of COPAG 4 COLOR Plastic Playing POKER Cards Set $45
    8 Poker Size Plastic Cut Cards. $2
    4 Bridge Size Plastic Cut Cards $1
    1 set: KEM Black Gold Arrow Wide Poker Size Regular Index 18.50

Ship: 12.99
    Total:79.49
    Seller: pokersuppliesco on ebay
    Good to deal with.

Also try crummerpoker on this forum. He ships from out east.
  • straightpokersupplies.com will sell you 1 set-up of Copags (2 decks) for around $20.00. ships out of T.O. and prices are CAD$$.
  • I heard Powerline in Guelph carries them.
  • I have a deck of both and am pretty indifferent as to which is better. They are both pretty good. However, I also have an older deck of Kems which I prefer over the newer ones. Maybe just because it is worked in a little more, like a baseball glove.
  • yeah, i got my cards at powerline..and they carry Kem and Copeg.....20 bucks for 2 packs of cards...they may even sell individual packages as well!
  • However, I also have an older deck of Kems which I prefer over the newer ones.

Completely agree. If you don't mind a used deck, see if there is an older set on Ebay. The pre-corporate buy-out of KEM produced slightly thicker decks.
  • am I the only one that is starting to view this as the new 'can I fold aces preflop' or 'Are my winnings taxable'?
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    am I the only one that is starting to view this as the new 'can I fold aces preflop' or 'Are my winnings taxable'?

They're not for me, I've already got a set of copag cards that work great for my home games. They're for my father in law, thinking of getting him some for his games as I'm tired of his crappy cheap cards and I think he'd like em. The guy I got mine from doesn't have em anymore so that's why I posted. Thanks for all the guidance...Powerline here I come
  • Please post all their prices for us.
    Thanks.
  • From second-hand experience, they are too slippery for older hands. Depending on your father-in-law's age and remaining strength in his hands they might not be the best choice. Run a test with your cards first.