how strong is A5o? apparently very.....

-=SnG Pokerstars=-
cant beleive this..... ill post his comments after the hand history
the raise preflop? what the hell......UTG A5o raises? blinds are only 15/30.....he has plently of time to double up and such....

PokerStars Game #726833409: Tournament #2827338, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2004/09/28 - 06:28:18 (ET)
Table '2827338 1' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: NatronDig It (950 in chips)
Seat 2: SimonTheQuak (1995 in chips)
Seat 3: PattiRoo (1285 in chips)
Seat 4: duvet (2320 in chips)
Seat 5: tra1969 (2690 in chips)
Seat 6: Ace Fire (1705 in chips)
Seat 8: Beanzilla (1035 in chips)
Seat 9: Pigga (1520 in chips)
Beanzilla: posts small blind 15
Pigga: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Pigga [As Ah]
NatronDig It: raises 120 to 150
SimonTheQuak: folds
PattiRoo: folds
duvet: folds
tra1969: folds
Ace Fire: folds
Beanzilla: folds
Pigga: raises 120 to 270
NatronDig It: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [7s 5c Tc]
Pigga: bets 150
NatronDig It: raises 150 to 300
Pigga: raises 360 to 660
NatronDig It: raises 20 to 680 and is all-in
Pigga: calls 20
*** TURN *** [7s 5c Tc] [4s]
*** RIVER *** [7s 5c Tc 4s] [5d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Pigga: shows [As Ah] (two pair, Aces and Fives)
NatronDig It: shows [5h Ac] (three of a kind, Fives)
Pigga said, "ouch"
NatronDig It collected 1915 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1915 | Rake 0
Board [7s 5c Tc 4s 5d]
Seat 1: NatronDig It showed [5h Ac] and won (1915) with three of a kind, Fives
Seat 2: SimonTheQuak folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: PattiRoo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: duvet folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: tra1969 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Ace Fire (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Beanzilla (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Pigga (big blind) showed [As Ah] and lost with two pair, Aces and Fives

Comments after the hand:

Pigga said, "cant believe u didnt know u were beat with that re-raise preflop and on the flop"

duvet said, "worst beat ive seen......"

NatronDig It said, "I knew I was beat... threw up a prayer"

duvet said, "that might be the luckiest call ever"

Pigga said, "very lucky"

NatronDig It said, "had to try something"

duvet said, "thatv was amazing"

this one baffles me, "NatronDig It said, "I knew I was beat... threw up a prayer"" so he trys to bluff-call me? generally, inpoker, if i know im beat, i'd fold and save Tchips/cash but hey, thats just me and i know how much A5o now dominates AA....ill just fold them from now on

I proceeded to go out 2 hands later hoping to double up w/ AQo vs JJ, but to no avail

Comments

• i thought that was bad........playing in the 60fpp satellite for fun and i see this hand , yes AA gets cracked, by what? read on...

PokerStars Game #726865777: Tournament #2775123, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2004/09/28 - 07:31:43 (ET)
    Table '2775123 7' Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: watash20 (1280 in chips)
    Seat 2: foosuer (1920 in chips)
    Seat 3: kristiank (1480 in chips)
    Seat 4: 100cherries (1500 in chips)
    Seat 5: Malala (1500 in chips)
    Seat 6: Stone_Eyes (1380 in chips)
    Seat 7: timber332 (1500 in chips)
    Seat 8: Pigga (1440 in chips)
    Seat 9: swedenyes (3090 in chips)
    kristiank: posts small blind 10
    100cherries: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Pigga [5s 4s]
    Malala: raises 420 to 440
    Stone_Eyes: folds
    timber332: folds
    Pigga: folds
    swedenyes: folds
    swedenyes is sitting out
    watash20: calls 440
    foosuer: raises 1480 to 1920 and is all-in
    kristiank: folds
    100cherries: folds
    Malala: calls 1060 and is all-in
    watash20: calls 840 and is all-in
    *** FLOP *** [5h 8d 7s]
    Pigga said, "2tclubs?"
    *** TURN *** [5h 8d 7s] [9h]
    *** RIVER *** [5h 8d 7s 9h] [Js]
    foosuer said, "yup"
    Pigga said, "lmao"
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Malala: shows [Ad Ac] (a pair of Aces)
    foosuer: shows [2c Tc] (a straight, Seven to Jack)
    foosuer collected 440 from side pot
    watash20: shows [8h Ah] (a pair of Eights)
    foosuer collected 3870 from main pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4310 Main pot 3870. Side pot 440. | Rake 0
    Board [5h 8d 7s 9h Js]
    Seat 1: watash20 showed [8h Ah] and lost with a pair of Eights
    Seat 2: foosuer (button) showed [2c Tc] and won (4310) with a straight, Seven to Jack
    Seat 3: kristiank (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: 100cherries (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 5: Malala showed [Ad Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
    Seat 6: Stone_Eyes folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: timber332 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: Pigga folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: swedenyes folded before Flop (didn't bet)

the suited brunson for runner runner str8

his comment after the hand

Pigga: nh
    foosuer: i play loose
    Pigga: i see that

2 hands later i get KK in SB, some one raised minimum, 7 limpers, i raised 80 more (too small i know)

flop brought an ace......- i bet 200 and the "foosuer" pushed all in for 4700 (from his runner runner) and i folded cant call w/ the ace.....
    said he had 36o
  • Pigga said, "cant believe u didnt know u were beat with that re-raise preflop and on the flop"

Please don't educate the fish.. If you feel the need to belittle the guy, just yell at your screen or something.. don't give him some free lessons in poker..
  • For the record, I always give free lessons...I'd rather outplay (or be outplayed by) a decent player than get drawn out on by some moron who shouldn't even be in the pot.
  • But don't you like winning money from people who shouldn't be in the pot?
  • For the record, I always give free lessons...I'd rather outplay (or be outplayed by) a decent player than get drawn out on by some moron who shouldn't even be in the pot.

Don't let the fact that you don't like money interfere with the fact that I do. I bet yer one of those guys that can't beat the .25/.50 games and figures they should move up to 10/20 where 'real poker is played'.

There are plenty of resources on the internet where someone can learn to improve their game. The table isn't one of them.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Please don't educate the fish.. If you feel the need to belittle the guy, just yell at your screen or something.. don't give him some free lessons in poker..

I couldn't agree more!!! Don't teach the fish how to swim! LET EM' SINK!
  • Big J wrote:
    For the record, I always give free lessons...I'd rather outplay (or be outplayed by) a decent player than get drawn out on by some moron who shouldn't even be in the pot.

do you gain anything by giving free lessons? do they actually learn? or do you just give away the exact way you would play the hand. Smarten up these morons that "shouldn't even be in the pot" are your bread and butter,these guys are where the moneys at. Do they always draw out on you? Of course not if they did these guys would win the series every year.

I would give you a free lesson on how to play but i dont like the fish to play any better.
  • You want to make these guys your best friend not get mad at them . . Over time they will lose soooooooooooooooo much more than they win. And if they like you then you will get to receive lots of their money.

Lots of real loose players have tons of money to spend and just want to be entertained . . . I love the real loose players
  • Do they always draw out on you? Of course not if they did these guys would win the series every year.

Have you seen the Series the last 3 years? It's becoming a joke...the best player in the field is never going to win that event again, it's nothing but a $10K lotto event now...plunk down your money and keep going all in, make your hand 20 times and you are probabbly at the final table. Raymer wasn't nearly as bad as Varkonyi or Moneymaker, but just in the televised hands he made quite a few suck outs.

I didn't say I give people 4 hour lectures on game theory, I don't go over to their house and help them with their math skills, I said I give out some tips, I do the same thing if I am sitting at the Black Jack table (and don't tell me that is different if you don't understand how other peoples bad plays in 21 can cost you money)
    I bet yer one of those guys that can't beat the .25/.50 games and figures they should move up to 10/20 where 'real poker is played'.

Interesting....how much would you like to bet on that?
  • Actually, UNLIKE POKER Other people's play in blackjack has no affect on your own outcome so educating them is a good thing as it helps them and doesn't hurt you.

You remember the times that he doesn't play optimal and takes the card you needed but what about the times when he doesn't play optimal and takes your bust card or when an optimal player takes the card you needed etc etc. ALL of that is irrelevant.
  • Meh.

I don't understand how other people's bad plays in 21 can cost me money. I really really like playing poker against bad players. I have no idea who the "best poker player in the world" is, and couldn't care less if that particular person (if such exists) wins next year's WSOP main event despite (or perhaps because of) the large number of entrants.

I'd expect "lessons" from someone who says something like this
    For the record, I always give free lessons...I'd rather outplay (or be outplayed by) a decent player than get drawn out on by some moron who shouldn't even be in the pot.

to be more like berating than a genuine attempt to educate.

And while this
    I bet yer one of those guys that can't beat the .25/.50 games and figures they should move up to 10/20 where 'real poker is played'.

is somewhat exaggerated, I'd speculate that the general idea is right on. I've seen so many players with similar attitudes wandering off hot-headed after getting destroyed by the low-limit grandmothers and college boys muttering phrases like "I'd rather outplay (or be outplayed by) a decent player than get drawn out on by some moron who shouldn't even be in the pot."

ScottyZ
  • and don't tell me that is different if you don't understand how other peoples bad plays in 21 can cost you money)

Oh my. It's not april 1st, is it?
    Interesting....how much would you like to bet on that?

Given the fact that you don't seem to understand where your profit comes from at a poker table, I believe you have troubles with the online game.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Last edited by BBC Z : Today at 05:58 PM. Reason: ScottyZ replies while I was typing and said the same stuff
    lol, when isn't Scotty replying.
  • Given the fact that you don't seem to understand where your profit comes from at a poker table, I believe you have troubles with the online game.

Ok, see this just pisses me off, you have no idea who I am or how I play...we've never played together (or even met) and we certainly don't play in the same card rooms and as far as I know we've never even exchanged viewpoints up until now. Yet for some reason you think I have no idea what I'm talking about...does it make you feel like a big man to fire insults at people on the internet? Well come on then pal, you were proposing a wager of some sort...let's hear your terms.
  • Big J wrote:
    Ok, see this just pisses me off, you have no idea who I am or how I play...we've never played together (or even met) and we certainly don't play in the same card rooms and as far as I know we've never even exchanged viewpoints up until now. Yet for some reason you think I have no idea what I'm talking about...does it make you feel like a big man to fire insults at people on the internet? Well come on then pal, you were proposing a wager of some sort...let's hear your terms.

Am I right?
  • Big J wrote:
    does it make you feel like a big man to fire insults at people on the internet?
    Big J wrote:
    ...get drawn out on by some moron who shouldn't even be in the pot.

Well done.

ScottyZ
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Am I right?

[sarcasm=on]

Fine your right, anyone who has ever given anyone advice on how they misplayed a hand is a stupid moron who can't crack a .25/.50 game...so I guess that would include, well, everyone on this board that has ever responded to a "what did I do wrong here" thread...and don't even get me started on the idiots who do it on a massive level...guys like Lee Jones or David Sklansky who write books, my god, why would they ever educate people, they could make far more money if everyone out there was completley clueless...and don't even get me started on guys like Mike Caro...the guy runs lectures, has an entire "university" devoted to poker what the heck is he thinking?

[sarcasm=off]

So come on BBC Z...let's hear the terms of this wager you wanted to make about my poker skills...like my grandma used to say "nut up or shut up"...ok maybe grandma didn't used to say that, but she should have.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Well done.

ScottyZ

hmmmm...ScottyZ and BBC Z...related?

Can't see the difference here? Your good pal BBC directly insulted me, I made a comment about weak players in general. Do I need to draw you a picture in crayon, maybe I can fit a Pokemon in it somewhere.
  • ther is a big differance of teaching at the table and away from it.
  • WOW! THereare some serious aggression issues in here. I'm ouT!
  • hmmmm...ScottyZ and BBC Z...related?

In fact, regular readers of the forum would probably recognize this as the first issue we have agreed on so far. A strange way to have been brought together in opinion, don't you think, BBC Z? ;)

It is pretty sharp-minded noticing we both have the letter Z in our handles though. There must be a deep connection going on there. I'll look into it.
    Can't see the difference here? Your good pal BBC directly insulted me, I made a comment about weak players in general.

This was a far cry from "a comment about weak players in general". You called bad players "morons".

Yes, there is a big difference. You have insulted a *large* group of the poker population, most of whom do no deserve to be called such names. If BBC Z was in fact insulting you personally, IMO you probably actually did deserve it.
    Do I need to draw you a picture in crayon, maybe I can fit a Pokemon in it somewhere.

This seems to imply that there is something about this situation or your personality that I don't yet understand. However, this statement only serves to reinforce the conclusions I have already drawn about you, Big J.

ScottyZ
  • People like BigJ are pretty common in online poker. The self proclaimed experts who take any bad beat not too well. The irony is the most common insult I get when I engage one of those type of personalities is that they insult Canada. It is kind of fun to see how enraged you can get that type of personality, as the bigger their rage the worse they play. I generally consider it an 6 out of 10 once they start making Canada insults. 8 out of 10 when they start calling everyone a "homo" and a 10 out of 10 when the real life threats happen :D . Those 10s are very profitable.

On a side note - BigJ can you please explain it to me how someone else's play in blackjack can statistically impact your results in the long run. I am always curious to see a person attempt to prove something that is mathematically impossible :)
  • Take it to the felt!

(Cant we all just get along?)
  • hmmmm...ScottyZ and BBC Z...related?

I gotta say, I really did laugh out loud when I read that..
  • If BBC Z was in fact insulting you personally, IMO you probably actually did deserve it.

I made one comment about helping people out...please explain how that gives someone carte blanche to attack me personally, not my opinion, me...most forums have rules against making personal attacks, I guess this one doesn't so in the future if I disagree with someone I won't try and debate them I'll just make disparaging remarks about them, their mother or their dog.
    On a side note - BigJ can you please explain it to me how someone else's play in blackjack can statistically impact your results in the long run. I am always curious to see a person attempt to prove something that is mathematically impossible

Well it's kind of off topic for a poker forum, do you already know how to count cards or do I have to give a primer in that first? Regardlesss, people taking cards when they shouldn't or not taking cards when they should pushes the count back towards the houses favour...the house loves bad blackjack players.
    People like BigJ are pretty common in online poker.

Once again, someone who doesn't know me is making a comment about people like me...have we met Monteroy? Have we played together? You have no idea what I'm like at a poker table (B&M or online). Don't take me getting my hackles up when someone who doesn't know me personally insults me in public as an indication that I'm someone who tilts easily.
    However, this statement only serves to reinforce the conclusions I have already drawn about you, Big J.

That I am an excellent artist and often get my points across better using elaborate crayola masterpieces?
    Take it to the felt!

That's kind of where I was trying to lead BBC Z, but I'm sure he would be to scared of the embarassment of losing to someone as bad as I am to ever play me heads up.
  • most forums have rules against making personal attacks

Seems like a nice rule.

Does this constitute a personal attack?
    Big J wrote:
    Do I need to draw you a picture in crayon, maybe I can fit a Pokemon in it somewhere.

ScottyZ
  • Big J wrote:
    Well it's kind of off topic for a poker forum, do you already know how to count cards or do I have to give a primer in that first? Regardlesss, people taking cards when they shouldn't or not taking cards when they should pushes the count back towards the houses favour...the house loves bad blackjack players.

Actually, before I played poker I did play blackjack as part of a team that counted cards. I used the system developed by Ken Uston, and it proved to be pretty solid. Recently the blackjack games in Vegas have become pretty impossible to beat based on some changes (they hit soft 17 now and have shoes that shuffle automatically less then 1/3 of the way through the cards.

Your theory of people taking cards they shouldn't only benefitting the house is flawed. You want the deck to be as rich in 10s (and aces) as possible, so if a person takes 3 cards before you and they are 3, 4 and a 6 you are in much better shape. If they get two 10s you are in worse shape.

Your theory makes zero sense unless you believe more cards left in the shoe to be dealt is always better. It is only better if the remaining deck count is positive (ie: 10 rich). When it is negative you want to plow through that deck to get a reshuffle. That is why we often had another team member sit at the table and bet the minimum and take as many cards as possible whenever the deck was negative, and never hit when it was very positive (and even take a "bathroom break" if it was very positive).

One of the most basic rules any card counter knows is that the play of random people does not matter at all in the long run (though it may impact the outcome of a specific hand). It is pretty basic math. You still have not actually offered any proof that makes sense to back this, and I am eager to see you try still ;)
  • the house loves bad blackjack players

They love bad blackjack card counters even more.
    That's kind of where I was trying to lead BBC Z, but I'm sure he would be to scared of the embarassment of losing to someone as bad as I am to ever play me heads up.

I'm confused as to how a heads up match would prove that you can/cannot play low limit online poker?

Anyway, I'm considering playing the Oct 12th heads up pokerforum tourney, so you may get your shot.
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • I think cheese is yummy.