good bad call (again)

just a $10 SnG on Pokerstars :)
read on the player was he was tight passive player

dont flame me for playing this hand plz heh, i was chip leader and ppl were afraid to raise me

PokerStars Game #726629787: Tournament #2826297, Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2004/09/28 - 02:58:59 (ET)
Table '2826297 1' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: LphantMan (1845 in chips)
Seat 4: millertyme38 (2360 in chips)
Seat 5: SDMF420 (1370 in chips)
Seat 6: Pigga (3725 in chips)
Seat 7: TCrox (2875 in chips)
Seat 8: SpagoRKD (1325 in chips)
LphantMan: posts small blind 25
millertyme38: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Pigga [Jc 5c]
SDMF420: calls 50
Pigga: calls 50
TCrox: folds
SpagoRKD: folds
LphantMan said, "thx pigga"
LphantMan: folds
millertyme38: checks
*** FLOP *** [5d 2d 3c]
millertyme38: checks
SDMF420: bets 150
Pigga: raises 300 to 450
millertyme38: folds
SDMF420: calls 300
*** TURN *** [5d 2d 3c] [3d]
SDMF420: bets 300
Pigga: raises 600 to 900
SDMF420: calls 570 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [5d 2d 3c 3d] [7h]

He waited about 15 seconds before he called, but what im wondering, was this a smart move......generally b/c he bet into me i would of thought he might of had a 3, but not after he took so long to call all-in

good or bad move on my part? i had the chips to put him to the decision and figured i had the best hand on the flop , please tell me what i did/didnt do right

SHOWDOWN BELOW

*** SHOW DOWN ***
SDMF420: shows [Ah 2h] (two pair, Threes and Deuces)
Pigga: shows [Jc 5c] (two pair, Fives and Threes)
Pigga said, "gg"
Pigga collected 2815 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2815 | Rake 0
Board [5d 2d 3c 3d 7h]
Seat 1: LphantMan (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: millertyme38 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: SDMF420 showed [Ah 2h] and lost with two pair, Threes and Deuces
Seat 6: Pigga showed [Jc 5c] and won (2815) with two pair, Fives and Threes
Seat 7: TCrox folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: SpagoRKD (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

told to me after the hand:

LphantMan said, "Pigga is a God"

Thanks

***EDIT*** , finished 2nd

Comments

• My question is IF your read on him was that he was tight passive, would you not respect a tight passive player's bet out on the flop and then more importantly bet on the turn after your raise? If you read him as tight passive, there aren't too many hands that you could beat that he would bet out with. You felt you were good on the flop, what hands did you put him on? Just clarifying what your thought process was in the hand, not saying its neccessarily a bad move.

Personally, I'd also raise on the flop but probably fold to the bet on the turn. I would be fearful of the flush, an overpair, the 3's or a higher kicker, and not so much the str8.
  • i pretty much played this hand on a gut feeling
    i didnt put his on a over pair for the fact there was no raise pf, and if he did have one, i thought he might of re-raised me on the flop (kind of shortstacked in my opinion)(there was a lot of blinds steals too). like i mentioned above i played this one on a feeling i'd take it, didnt believe he had the flush and i like putting other players to the decision when what have i what i think is the best hand at that time, and like i mentioned below, he took a bit to call the bet (that put him all in) so while he didnt react right away to the all in covering bet, i knew my had was good at that point (hoping not to be rivered)

not to mention if he had raised pf, i of course would of dropped that garbage but since the table was tightened up (and fearful of my stack) i decided to limp in, and it paid off....just my 2 cents
  • Pigga wrote:
    i pretty much played this hand on a gut feeling
    This is generally not recommended. unless you're part of the psychi friends network, then its the optimal strategy.