Plastic Playing Cards - CHEAP

I was in Costco over the weekend in Cambridge, no they dont have the chips yet, but on my travels I decided to try the Hobby and Toy store which is on Gateway Park Drive (Where the Sport Mart and Carpet Place is) but closer to the Williams coffee place.

They have 100% plastic cards for $4.99/pack or $8.49 for a double pack.

I picked them up for the tourney and they worked great!

They may not last for five years like Kems, but for 1/4 of the price buy four and be happy!!!!

Redington

Comments

• Were these poker size cards (63mm x 88mm) or bridge size?

Was there a brand name?
  • Here's my personal review of the cards, I was at the tournament, so I was exposed to them for a limited time.

I'm pretty sure that they were narrow, not poker-sized.

The quality of these cards was pretty good. Great for the price, and they'd certainly play better for longer than the standard Bicycle/Bee cards...

There was no noticeable wear on them by the end of the tournament. But I found that they didn't shuffle as easily as Kems. They were much stiffer than Kems.

I didn't try to wreck them, but I don't know if these cards are crease/scuff/bend/crack resistent like the Kem cards. I would suspect that if one of them got bent, it would leave a crease.

I'd buy these cards and use them over Bicycle cards if:

a) I couldn't find Kem cards anywhere.
    or
    b) I wanted a cheap alternative to Kems.

hork.
  • Nope, just made in Tiawan on the Ace S.

They are definately Kem knock offs as the designs are the same as Kems, as well as the case and packaging.

They are bridge sized, but faced with buying $60 worth of kems for the tourney, I think they were just fine.