5/10 Limit,Help. I play Terrible.

I have serious flaws in my game.
I think I need to take some time to give myself a poker checkup or get a coach/mentor or something.

Brantford 5/10.

AcKc

I'm at a donktastic table in middle position. I'm also stuck $300

Cluess raises UTG.
I reraise.
Loose Passive 3 bets.
Cluess 4 bets.

Normally I would fold AKs to solid players. But I call 2 cold since the players play so bad.
LP calls.

Pot = 12 small bets.
3 players to the flop.

2s7c9c

LP bets
Cluess calls.
I raise.
LP 3 bets
Cluess calls
I raise
LP calls
Cluess folds.

Turn 8d

LP bets.
I raise
LP calls

River 3h

LP bets
I call!

Comments

• I have serious flaws in my game.

You overplayed a drawing hand here.
    Maybe I'm too tight though.

I think I need to take some time to give myself a poker checkup or get a coach/mentor or something.

Brantford 5/10.

AcKc

Cluess raises UTG.
    I reraise.
    Loose Passive 3 bets.
    Cluess 4 bets.

Normally I would fold AKs to solid players. But I call 2 cold since the players play so bad.
    LP calls.

Pot = 12 small bets.
    3 players to the flop.

2s7c9c

LP bets
    Cluess calls.
    I raise.

Loose passive betting out. Likes their hand.
    Call for a small bet.
    LP 3 bets
    Cluess calls
    I raise
    LP calls
    Cluess folds.

Turn 8d

LP bets.
    I raise
    LP calls
    Again...why raise to a Loose Passive bettor.
    Flush chaser!!!!
    River 3h

LP bets
    I call!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You overplayed a drawing hand here.
    Maybe I'm too tight though.

Loose passive betting out. Likes their hand.
    Call for a small bet.

Again...why raise to a Loose Passive bettor.
    Flush chaser!!!!

Yes this is an awful example of chip spewage....
    I clearly wasn't thinking at all.. doh...
  • Preflop I think is fine though a bit frustrating.

I like the flop raise as there is a good chance that both call and check to you on the turn which lets you control the pot size a bit more.

Once the loose passive player 3 bet I would call since he obviously is deeply in love with his hand (likely AA / KK) and your overcards may not even be live. Also your raise made the 3rd guy drop when all of your flush outs = nuts.

I definitely don't see the reason to raise the turn - he aint folding and you have ace high.

River call with the mega pot you created sucks but is kind of needed. Maybe if the pot was a bit smaller you can fold. Basically whether you call or fold you will be miserable so think of calling as a way of knowing what his hand was after the fact - not knowing would probably make you madder (yeah a bit of rationalization at work but use it when needed :) )
  • I have serious flaws in my game.

Brantford 5/10.

AcKc

Cluess raises UTG.
    I reraise.
    Loose Passive 3 bets.
    Cluess 4 bets.

First your description of the action is wrong. If UTG raises, then YOU are the one 3 betting. Loose Passive must have capped the action so I don't see how you could be calling "2 cold".
    2s7c9c

LP bets
    Cluess calls.
    I raise.
    LP 3 bets
    Cluess calls
    I raise
    LP calls
    Cluess folds.

Unless I have reason to believe I am behind to a set or 2 pair, with clueless trapped in there I am pumping the pot just like you did with my top 2 overs + nut flush draw.

Your turn play and river action obviously was the monkey brain taking over and the monkey hates money.
  • About 3 big bets too much. The flop action is fine multiway, you have a powerful draw in a big pot. From the turn I am just calling the turn and generally folding the river but calling can't be terrible in a big pot like this.
  • moose wrote: »
    First your description of the action is wrong. If UTG raises, then YOU are the one 3 betting. Loose Passive must have capped the action so I don't see how you could be calling "2 cold".

Unless I have reason to believe I am behind to a set or 2 pair, with clueless trapped in there I am pumping the pot just like you did with my top 2 overs + nut flush draw.

Your turn play and river action obviously was the monkey brain taking over and the monkey hates money.

Yes!!

What do I do about the monkey brain... ????

I find that I will often Monkey bluff and monkey raise ...

Clearly bluffing into a betting Loose passive is stupid monkey brain chip spewing....
  • Yes!!

What do I do about the monkey brain... ????

I find that I will often Monkey bluff and monkey raise ...

Clearly bluffing into a betting Loose passive is stupid monkey brain chip spewing....
    Don't do it! Don't do it! Don't do it.

You just have to keep telling yourself over and over.

/g2
  • Besides when you look over your shoulder and randomly yell to no-one - "Shut-up Monkey", it does wonders for your table image.
  • moose wrote: »
    Besides when you look over your shoulder and randomly yell to no-one - "Shut-up Monkey", it does wonders for your table image.

But at least I'd be able to pick you out of a crowd...
  • I could even live with the turn raise because you've got the massive pot heads up, but when he bets into you on the river you have to fold.

If he DOESN'T bet into you, then you have to bet cuz him folding is the only way you win.
    Normally I would fold AKs to solid players.

Thumbs down. You hold an A and a K.. it's likeliest that your villian has QQ-99 so why fold AK?

Anyway, I'll cap it preflop, cap the flop, take the free card on the turn and fold unimproved.
  • BBC Z wrote: »

Thumbs down. You hold an A and a K.. it's likeliest that your villian has QQ-99 so why fold AK?

Anyway, I'll cap it preflop, cap the flop, take the free card on the turn and fold unimproved.
    Here's why I considered folding.

Baysian-wize yes there is a higher distribution for QQ-99 (6ways for each vs 3 ways for AA or KK) because of card removal effects.

But most sane players don't 4 bet tight players (and I play tight usually) with anything but AA or KK or maybe AKs or QQ

Here JJ should just call or perhaps fold.

So I figured I'm probably facing AA or KK.
    Especially from a loose passive.
  • Here's why I considered folding.

Baysian-wize yes there is a higher distribution for QQ-99 (6ways for each vs 3 ways for AA or KK) because of card removal effects.

But most sane players don't 4 bet tight players (and I play tight usually) with anything but AA or KK or maybe AKs or QQ

Keep in mind it is 5/10 limit we're talking about here. If you are against AA, KK, then tough one, but at Brantford, you have players capping with anything, so I am never folding AK in your case, and I am capping it pre-flop in multi-way pots.

Like it has been mentioned already, flop play is fine, turn is debatable between raising and calling, but you have to fold the river..
  • Here's why I considered folding.

Preflop? You're getting 12:1. Heck, you're getting the right price there to call even if he shows you 2 aces.

The fact that he may have KK-QQ or AK makes this even more trivial.

As far as expecting a LP to lay down "any" hand here, you are giving a bad player way too much credit. It doesn't matter what they "should" do, since they rarely will do what they "should" do. They aren't thinking anywhere close to the same level.

FWIW, I cap preflop, cap flop, call turn. and fold/call river.

River IMO is dependant on whether or not I've seen this player run any crazy bluffs. Is he running poorly? Typically a LP will have a hand here, but calling the river getting 17:1 isn't that horrible IMO (if you've seen him tilt or bluff especially).
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Keep in mind it is 5/10 limit we're talking about here. If you are against AA, KK, then tough one, but at Low-Limit Poker, you have players capping with anything, so I am never folding AK in your case, and I am capping it pre-flop in multi-way pots.

Like it has been mentioned already, flop play is fine, turn is debatable between raising and calling, but you have to fold the river..

FYP

asdfadsfas