"Just keep playing bad".

A fairly amusing 5 minutes at PokerStars tonight. I found the hand almost as interesting as the chat that followed it. Not a bad beat story... at least, I don't mean it to be.

The Hand.

Within the first hour of a Stars 10+1 rebuy tournament. My play probably isn't great, but hey, it's a rebuy tournament, and we're in the rebuy period. I was willing to chalk up the considerably worse play of my opponent to that same reasoning, but maybe not.... Anyways, here's the hand.

PokerStars Game #715167093: Tournament #2713459, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2004/09/23 - 22:26:02 (ET)
Table '2713459 45' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: drudown14 (1595 in chips)
Seat 2: all aces (2970 in chips)
Seat 3: allinbob (3375 in chips)
Seat 4: yamcheboy (1015 in chips)
Seat 5: HitmanGMC (1590 in chips)
Seat 6: maCloud (1560 in chips)
Seat 7: rvitt (1390 in chips)
Seat 8: Rako (1500 in chips)
Seat 9: Hey-Boy (3005 in chips)
all aces: posts small blind 10
allinbob: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to all aces [Kh Ac]
yamcheboy: raises 115 to 135
HitmanGMC: calls 135
maCloud: folds
rvitt: folds
Rako: folds
Hey-Boy: calls 135
drudown14: folds
all aces: raises 885 to 1020
allinbob: folds
yamcheboy: folds
HitmanGMC: calls 885
Hey-Boy: folds
*** FLOP *** [6c Th 2s]
all aces: bets 580
HitmanGMC: calls 570 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [6c Th 2s] [4s]
*** RIVER *** [6c Th 2s 4s] [5s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
all aces: shows [Kh Ac] (high card Ace)
HitmanGMC: shows [8s Qs] (a flush, Queen high)
HitmanGMC collected 3470 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3470 | Rake 0
Board [6c Th 2s 4s 5s]
Seat 1: drudown14 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: all aces (small blind) showed [Kh Ac] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 3: allinbob (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: yamcheboy folded before Flop
Seat 5: HitmanGMC showed [8s Qs] and won (3470) with a flush, Queen high
Seat 6: maCloud folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: rvitt folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Rako folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Hey-Boy folded before Flop

The Chat.

Sorry if I seem Hellmuth-esque in this. Just thought you might get a kick out of it. I wasn't going to say anything at all, and didn't for a while, and then, well, it kind of snowballed.... Never played with this guy before, and we haven't said a word to each other since, lol... funny stuff.

yamcheboy: wow

all aces: yep, one for the books all right

HitmanGMC: I knew that "ALL ACES" only had A K

all aces: ummm

all aces: you only had Q high

all aces: that might be the funniest reasoning i've ever heard

HitmanGMC: no pairs on his side and a runner runner flush for me

all aces: seriously

all aces: that might be it

HitmanGMC: heck my spades were good enough

all aces: i get it

all aces: you're obviously kidding

all aces: ok ok

HitmanGMC: A K is OVER RATED

all aces: so's q8

HitmanGMC: Who pulled the chips in on that pot?? I rest my case

all aces: omg

HitmanGMC: suited BABY

all aces: you are my new best friend

HitmanGMC: just keep playing bad

Regards,
all_aces

Comments

• all aces: you're obviously kidding

This is not at all obvious.

He could be a stuped.

ScottyZ
  • NICE old-school reference. That was like my 3rd post on this forum lol... and yes, I think he could very possibly be a stuped.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • SUITED BABY!

new favourite expression... haahahahahahhhaahahah lmao
  • thats just a great post...

"just keep playing bad"

priceless.
  • To bad I missed that last night. Would been right there chirping away! U gotta love their logic though. Get'em next time.

Jamie.
  • Classic!

The pre-maddonas used to annoy me when they'd start chirping like that, but I quickly realized, that's exactly what they want. Besides, eventually they give it all back. They really do provide some great levity when you need it most...

My new tag is going to have to be - "Suited Baby"
  • I wasn't involved in either hand but.....

This is so funny because I saw a guy try the same post flop runner runner flush draw, just last night in a SNG. He got spanked and left quietly though. lol And in same tourney, another guy called all in post flop/turn, hoping for his inside straight on the river. Needless to say, he lost too. lol

The moral of this story/thread has to be, if the stakes are low enough, anybody will play anything. lol The sad part is when they win the longshot hand, and then brag about their "skill". lol
  • In fact the guy that knocked me out, caught a higher pair on the river, and had top 2 pair to beat my 2 pair. I said, "lucky", and he started getting smart. (i'm so good etc) lol So I says back, "when I made my bet I had the boss hand." He gets mouthy again, so I said back, "Yep well you've only won hands tonight on steals, runner runner hits, or rivering up. So your skill is obvious, looks good on ya." He was still flapping his beak when I closed the table and left. lol
  • That guy, along with others like him are just begging to be raped and sodomized.....Actually come to think of it, I just may have played against his brother and 2 cousins last night!

Oh yeah BTW, was that...SUITED BABY or STUPID BABY?

"Stupid Babies require the most attention!"
  • LMAO. I love players like this.
  • all_aces wrote:
    HitmanGMC: just keep playing bad

Did you edit any of the chat after his last comment? ;)
  • Lol, no. That's where I left it. :D
  • 10/20 shorthanded last night. I sit down and the chat looks like I'm now in the middle of WW3. One guy (we'll call him 'Player M', for 'Moron') is screaming at another player, who has just raised. "EVERYBODY LOOK OUT!!!" "HE HAS TWO SUITED!!!" "LOLOLOLOL" and such.

My first orbit, I'm dealt 9cTc in MP. I love this hand. Player M raises UTG, I call, one other player calls.

Flop: 3c Ac 8c. M bets, I raise, other player folds, M calls.
    Turn: brick. M checks, I bet, he calls.
    River: brick. M checks, I bet, he calls. I show my hand and it is of course good.

M: KEEP PLAYING THAT **** YOU SUCK OUT ARTIST
    Me: r u talking to me?
    M: WHY WOULD YOU CALL MY RAISE WITH THAT ****
    M: KEEP GETTING LUCKY WITH **** *******
    Me: oh sry
    Me: I thought we were shorthanded
    Me: I'll just play aces
    Me: hope the blinds don't kill me
    Player 'A': heh
    Player 'B': lol

And that's the last I heard from Player M, in this, my second run-in with the crazies this week.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Jesus.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of angry parents when their credit card statements come in this month.

LOL @ Player M.

You sure he wasn't just a semi-M? ;)

ScottyZ
  • Jesus.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of angry parents when their credit card statements come in this month.

Player M.

ROTF :)

ScottyZ
  • I'm often tempted to mute player chat. The only thing that makes me keep it on are the idiots who fold preflop and then start discussing their mucked cards while the hand is in play ("I should have stayed in.. woulda had 3 of a kind"), which obviously can be a big problem since I always seem to be representing the cards said idiot is telling everyone he had.

One thing I like about Pacific is that players who bust out of tourneys lose their chat abilities about 2-3 seconds after the river card. A well timed comment to the real obnoxious morons who bust out can be comedy gold for the entire table, especially since you know the moron can see it but has no time to respond before he's booted out of the chat. Normally the funniest comment is just repeating some idiotic "pearl of wisdom" they gave out earlier in the game.

Silence always seems to be the best policy with most of the idiots, though.