Holdem Dealers Wanted

I am looking for holdem dealers for our events. No experience required, but preferred. Limited training can be supplied.

Poker4Charity
Holdem4Charity

Comments

• remuneration?
  • Jeremy wrote:
    remuneration?

Good question. Hopefully something about that will be posted on the website (or here).

In particular, I think it is also important for the *players* to have at least some (ideally full) knowledge of how the dealers are compensated. (Of course, the dealers themselves, including prospective dealers, should have the full information.) When determining dealer tokes (if any) it makes a big difference whether $20 (for example) is taken out of each player's entry fee to go directly to the dealers or $0.

That is, are dealers working for tokes alone, or a fixed amount of pay from the entry fees alone, or a combination of these?

ScottyZ
  • What he said. :wink:
  • They will be paid an hourly rate. Average rate is expected to be $15/hr. Breaks will be on the clock thoughout the evening - just because it is easier to keep track.

Dealers will not receive tokes, atleast not with the playing chips - there is no cash value for the chips (each player will start with a chip value of $500 - the entry fee is only $100).

It is quite possible that a player who wins a cash prize may 'tip' the dealer at the conclusion of the event. That is atleast customary in all the no-limit tournament games I've played in.
  • I feel I am a fairly good dealer... I definately know the rules and "most" of the subtle rules.... (i.e. posting missed big and small blinds)

when not actually playing in an event I will consider dealing.... its the only time I can guarantee I'm coming home with $$$$

I am signed up for the event on April (thanks J) but if you need me for another event... let me know.

Will I have to wear the corny little apron though?

Gonzo
  • umm, no apron required :)

I will keep you in mind as a dealer. We have assembled about 25 dealers that we will cycle through for the events, but can always add to that list.

Cheers G.