Beat My Head On The Wall!!!

Playing online 5/10 and get dealt 5 great hands out of 6.

Starting with AA. This one does not get cracked. Beautifull!! :D

1) Next Hand in BB I look down at QQ. Two callers SB folds I raise both stay (why not see the flop right). I bet on Flop (Js, 7d, 2c) one folds last stays, 4th is 6h I bet last calls I bet, last calls. River is 10c I bet last raises I call, he shows me 10c,6c :banghead:

2) In the SB I look down at 22, 4 call, flop is Ac,2c,7h. I check, next checks, next bets, last folds, I raise, and they call. 4th is 10h, I bet, middle folds, last calls. River is 9d. I see the possible straight so I check, last bets I call and sure enough he shows me the 8, 6 of clubs. Dam chasers :banghead: :banghead:

3) On the button, look down at 99, all check but the right of me, he bets, I raise SB folds, BB Calls, right of me calls. Flop is 9h, 7c, 6c. Goes around to me I bet, BB raises me, right of me folds, I re-reaise he raises again and I cap it. 4th is the 3d, he bets I re-reaise he raises again and I cap it. River is the 10s he bets and I call. He shows me two other 10's. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I am steamming!!! :mad:

4) I look down at 9,10 offsuit UTG bets, next raises one in between re-raises, I fold,( this is the right call for me I know), flop comes 9,9,9.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

5) No hand to speak of.

6) Middle position, look down at JJ, someone ahead of me bets, I call and one one after me calls, now we are head to head. Flop is J,Q,J (I have hit the motherload, I have to get the most out of this one so I slowplay). He bets I call. 4th is 6 of something, he bets, I raise, he re-raises, and I cap. River is another Q, he bets I raise, he re-raises, I get that sinking feeling, :confused: and call. Sure enough he shows me the other 2 queens. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

7) I turn off the computer, consider throwing it out the window at the neighbours dog that was barking too much while all this is happening.

I have to ask everyone, did I play any of these wrong? Did I offend the Holdem Gods (All Aces, Dave Scharf, Scotty Z, garro).

At that moment in time I was ready to give up on poker, then finally reallity set in, I love this game. Take a break for a few days, and get back in there!

Boy what a bad beat day.

Comments

• Wow, that is a tough day of poker. Well, i fyou playing 5/10, you probably know what your doing. Just so tough.
  • yay.. bad beat stories.. I can't get enough of those..
  • WOW! What a rough day at the office... I feel your pain, it happens to everyone... That is limit poker for you though. There will be chasers who will take a ride to the river with you, seems like every hand they made their miracle draws on you :frown: . The last hand though was tough! Flop quads and its no good? :banghead: Just keep playin your game and forget about your bad beats.
  • Even in no limit there was no way to get him out of that last hand...he flopped the nut full house, you just simply couldn't make him believe that it wasn't good...he just got really lucky and hit his one outer to acctually beat you.
  • Dead Money wrote:
    I have to ask everyone, did I play any of these wrong? Did I offend the Holdem Gods (All Aces, Dave Scharf, Scotty Z, garro)

:D Wow! So nice to be included in that wonderful high-rollers list there with Aces, Dave and Scotty.

It was just a rough session imho. Poker happens. ;)

I agree with you, take a break. Personally I watch cartoons, I am a 70's/80's/90's animation fanatic, I have almost 300 hours of digital cartoon archives. Nothing makes me feel better than having a good laugh at something silly. Anything to get your mind of the bad beat day.
  • Hand #2 I wouldn't have considered the straight, so I would have bet the river and lost more than you did. Hand #6 I'd re-raise the pocket jacks preflop, and I'd have capped it on the river, so I would have lost more than you did there, too.

Tough luck dude. Take a break before you start 'playing dejected'... ;)

Cheers,
    all_aces
  • I don't see you playing any of those hands wrong. That's limit for you. I can't believe you even got your quads cracked!!??? That's when you know it's time to call it a day. Take Garro's advice and try and find something to laugh about over the next few days. I'm willing to bet that the next time you sit down at the table you'll have a better session.....I mean christ, it can't get any worse!