Poker Clubs in GTA - MIA?

Looks like a lot of clubs in the Toronto area have either closed down or are in the process of looking for a new location. Is this a coincidence or are poker clubs in the GTA becoming extinct? Some of these clubs have not posted on this site in response to being closed down so I am assuming they are no longer operating. Maybe the owners can shed some light on whether they are still operating or are in the process of re-opening.

Nuttz - new location (now open)
River Room - new location
Georgetown - new location tbd
Topflight - closed
Unit - rumour closed
Beaches - rumour closed

Comments

• The rake hasn't been hight enough to pay the fine. What did you think was going to happen.

Prophet :2h :2s

PS You just have to be in the know.
  • I was pushing for higher rakes as well
  • we can always rely on Westside on running a great tourny; although you are outside the GTA technically.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    we can always rely on Westside on running a great tourny; although you are outside the GTA technically.

There are still clubz in the GTA you just have to know the right people
  • A bunch are still running but the raids put a big dent in the business. I think there are less people going out now, either out of fear or maybe they think the clubs are closed?

Georgetown didn't get busted but the bar got shuttered. Not sure why the guy hasn't found something new yet. He had a good thing going.
  • none of the clubs that i frequent have been altered at all
  • There are still clubz in the GTA you just have to know the right people

I thought I knew the right people... I guess not.... probably save me some money in any case :)
  • The Nutz has re-opened, not far from its old location.
  • I liked playing at the nutz , can someone tell me how to contact them so i can start playing again
  • they have a website; check out their details under their forum name
    they have a website;

smaaaaaaaaart
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    smaaaaaaaaart

if you want me to do all the work:

http://www.thenuttzpokerclub.com/

send Kevin an email and he will give you the details
    if you want me to do all the work:

http://www.thenuttzpokerclub.com/

send Kevin an email and he will give you the details

i meant how smart do you need to be to have a website advertising your club these days..but, yes you doing all the work is nice too
  • they only advertise the club not the address; most clubs have either a website or facebook page these days; some actually include the address which is pretty idiotic, agreed.