My first straight flush

I have never witnessed a royal *edit* I mean straight flush before. It's nice that I was the one holding it. :D

Pokerstars 2 table sit n go.(Training for tonights 2 table in Toronto :tongue: )

PokerStars Game #697498651: Tournament #2696250, Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII
(200/400) - 2004/09/16 - 23:45:59 (ET)
Table '2696250 2' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 5: esool (4080 in chips)
Seat 7: BJsAviators (7855 in chips)
Seat 9: Capt Cane (15065 in chips)
esool: posts the ante 25
BJsAviators: posts the ante 25
Capt Cane: posts the ante 25
BJsAviators: posts small blind 200
Capt Cane: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to esool [6s 9s]
esool: calls 400
BJsAviators: raises 800 to 1200
Capt Cane: folds
esool: calls 800
*** FLOP *** [5d 8s 7s]
BJsAviators: bets 6630 and is all-in
esool: calls 2855 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [5d 8s 7s] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [5d 8s 7s Ts] [4s]
BJsAviators said, "wow"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BJsAviators: shows [7d 7h] (three of a kind, Sevens)
esool: shows [6s 9s] (a straight flush, Six to Ten)
esool collected 8585 from pot

Comments

• Cool, congrats!
  • djw wrote:
    Royal flush? you mean straight flush? Still cool, congrats!

Uh, yes. Thanks. :redface:
    I have edited the original post..
  • My A high flush got beat by a straight flush last night. :banghead: I thought I had the nuts. Funny thing is that a 3rd guy also had a flush, K high. This is also with only 3 flush cards in the community as well.
  • I had a similar thing happen with me Actyper except I was on the winning end. The eventually lead to the biggest pot I had ever won. To make a long story short I won with a Royal Flush (K10 spades) beating to baby flushed and a full house (the river paired the board). The third spade came on the turn putting the two flush all-in (both having small to medium stacks. When the river paired the board I was estatic since I was already holding the nuts.

It was a dream hand where I think I only had to raise the last player on the river. Called the whole way there.

I have had a couple of straight flushes since with some nice payoffs as well. I find these big hands pay off very well in general which the opposite of what I would have thought before hitting them. But I guess I have paid off some though.

I guess that shows the value of these hands since they are often well hidden to the players with flushes and full houses.
  • I once was lucky enough to have the top end of a straight flush with 4 to a straight flush on board. Both the Ace-high flush and the lower straight flush were out there, so it ended up being almost a $300 pot at $5-$10.

And by "lucky enough", I mean lucky enough to hit a 1-outer. I held Qs Jd and the flop came down Ts 9s 8s. Even on what looked like a pretty good flop for me, it turns out I was drawing dead to the Js. There was already a made flush out there (7s 2s from the BB), and another player held the As.

The miraculous Js fell on the turn, and the betting fireworks began to go off. :)

ScottyZ
  • My pot was around $250 at a $25 NL ring game on Party. Me and Mr. FullHouse were both over $100. Man I would love it to happen agian!!!
    :-)
  • I think my last straight flush I had 8Tc in the bb...utg limped and everyone folded to me....flop 679 of clubs....couldn't get a penny out of the guy :(
  • I got my first Royal Flush tonight, didn't win much, the board was all diamonds but it was neat to finally get one.

royalflush.JPG
  • Very Nice!! It's nice to see someone else that plays the $25NL at paradise too. ;)