Georgetown - Anyone playing tonight?

thought I see if any forum members are playing tonight; I will probably play in the cash game before the tournament for a little while. Its always a well attended tournament on a Friday.

Comments

• replying gets that evil you haven't been posting notice off the top of my screen! Hope to meet you

ddmilcan
    or
    snowflake
    or
    Milton Slim
  • Forum members have made it to the final table every single tournament, so there will probably be a bunch of them there as usual. I shall be going soon. I think Blazin 72, The Prophet 22, pkrfce9, The_Game and several Milton Rocks or wannabes ;) will be there.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    thought I see if any forum members are playing tonight
  • Eleanor and I were there last,

I got busted early when my pocket Queen's ran up against pocket 3's.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Eleanor and I were there last,

I got busted early when my pocket Queen's ran up against pocket 3's.
    Yes but you cleaned up at the cash table...

Congrats Chris
  • CurtisR wrote: »
    Yes but you cleaned up at the cash table...

Congrats Chris

Yeah I got lucky and won a few pennies ;)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Forum members have made it to the final table every single tournament, so there will probably be a bunch of them there as usual. I shall be going soon. I think Blazin 72, The Prophet 22, pkrfce9, The_Game and several Milton Rocks or wannabes ;) will be there.

I guess I have continued this trend coming in 2nd on Friday night. I seem to do well at this tournament placing in the money two out of three tournaments I have played there. Having the SWAT team show up near the end of the tournament was kind of hairy considering the other posts on this forum about the club busted last week. Fortunately they were looking for someone in the hotel upstairs.

This is a great tournament but too bad it ends typically at 3am in the morning.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Having the SWAT team show up near the end of the tournament was kind of hairy

Seriously?
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Seriously?

You must have been really into the cash game not to notice; they never entered the poker area but I went outside and there were two vans and an undercover patrol car. Apparently they came in camo gear with dogs and guns ready, looking for someone in the hotel above the area where the tournament was taking place. They did lock down the poker area around 2am and no one was allowed to come or go until they checked the hotel again. I was pretty sure they were there to bust up the tournament after what happened last week to the club in Toronto; although this was a much smaller stake tournament than the one in Toronto. Nothing happened and the tournament finished around 3:30am.
  • what happened last week in Toronto?

Was it busted?
    Having the SWAT team show up near the end of the tournament was kind of hairy considering the other posts on this forum about the club busted last week. Fortunately they were looking for someone in the hotel upstairs.

So how much money did the cops lose at the cash game? :D
    You must have been really into the cash game not to notice;

I was out of there pretty early (around 11:30) as I was one of the people to start the cash game table.
  • Thanks to all who showed up last Friday Night!

As per to the SWAT! they were only there to looking for someone in the Hotel,

we got a heads up by the owner, and told us what was going on, and we locked the doors down, to show that it was closed, and not to draw attetion to our game..

We are good...
  • We are good...

You definitely run a great tournament and I highly recommend it to all forum members. Definitely worth the drive to Georgetown! The cash game before the tournament is also a great idea if you want to get there early before the tournament. They usually have two tables going starting at 6pm.