When is the "long run"?

I was just wondering how many hours in a certain game I need to log before my win rate is correct?

1000, 2000?

Comments

• I would think that total hands would be a better count than hours. 1 hr online is more hands than 1 hr B&M. I have seen the number 50-60 thousand hands bantered about as a starting point for meaningful data (statistically).

For a smart-ass answer... to get a "correct" win rate you would need an infinite number of hands... but I would stop at half of that!!:D
  • When is the "long run"?

Just before the Closing Ceremonies. ba dum pish!

I now "believe" my 2-4 LHE online results, which I've compiled on Poker Tracker. I've played 4,400 hands which is around 65 hours.

As MickeyHoldem points out, it's important to think of *hands* played instead of hours. If you get the feeling that 65 hours is not enough, don't forget that the amount of time for the same number of hands dealt in B&M (if that's what you're more used to) is well over 100 hours.

I'm not saying that's the minimum (or that it's even adequate) amount of data one would need in general, but I get the feeling that my win rate has been rather persistent lately, and seems like it's in the right ballpark.

ScottyZ