Poker Chips

Do any of you know where i can find those clay poker chips. I would rather go to a store where i can see them before i buy them, compared to a website. Thanks, Bryan

Comments

• I might suggest checking your local dufferin games room.
    if you contact info@pokersupplies.com you can get some samples sent to you.
  • I don't know where you are, but if you are near Guelph, Powerplay has them.

I also believe that www.pokerstore.ca is based out of the KW area. they might be able to help you.
  • Im in Barrie right now, and Aurora. Didnt duffrin games go out of buisness, the to close to me did. I checked a local store, but they have sold out and wont have more for a few weeks.

Bryan
  • I am at my work in North York most afternoons/evenings. I have the 11.5g dice chips that I bought from an online poker site. I have recently run into a couple of problems with them which I expect to overcome. If you like you can come by and check out the chips for yourself.

esool
  • I have recently run into a couple of problems with them which I expect to overcome.

esool - Can you elaborate on the "problems"? My friend has these chips and they're fine. I'm thinking of picking up a set myself, but if there are any significant problems with them, could you share your experiences?

hork.
  • Dufferin as a franchise went out of business, but for the stores that were in existance before it happened were given the choice to remain open under a new business name...so all former Dufferin stores are independant now.
  • The store in Sherway Gardens is an FJ Bradleys now. Looks pretty much identical to how it did before. Same products, same prices. I don't think they have a good selection of poker chips.

I'd try Pokerstore.ca for the 11.5g chips, or eBay, you might find a good deal...

hork.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    I have recently run into a couple of problems with them which I expect to overcome.

esool - Can you elaborate on the "problems"? My friend has these chips and they're fine. I'm thinking of picking up a set myself, but if there are any significant problems with them, could you share your experiences?
    hork.

No problems with the chips, they are awesome! We had some communication difficulties which have been worked out today. :)
    Where did your friend pick up his chips? My wife bought mine online at the pokerstore.ca after searching forever to get me that "perfect gift". How do I ever match that?? :D
  • Don't know where he got them except that it was over the internet from the US. Was a few years ago. He paid a lot more than you can get them for now. But they've held up over time.

hork.
  • Pokerstore.ca is a Canadian company and I think they are in Kitchener so you do not need to worry about duties or whatever. Check the prices and I think you will agree that they are better and more convenient. :)
  • I bought my chips from pokerstore.ca and they are fantastic!
  • I also bought chips from pokerstore.ca in mid-March. Took about 2 days to reach me via post. Very, very satisfied with them. The best part is no futzing about with Cdn to US dollars or Customs. I'm preparing to buy more when "the boys" get serious about playing this game.
  • I've been considering too...good idea the spouse gift..for once i'd get something useful :)
  • Initially I purchased the 8 gram suited chips from pokerstore.ca, but once we got a little more into things, we recently upgraded to 800 of the 11.5g dice chips.

they rock hard, I highly recommend them.
  • I agree, that is truly a great gift... I think I'll get the misses a set for her next gift bearing occasion. If she doesn't want them I'm sure I can find a use for them

HA!
  • I bought a couple of sets of 11.5g's from pokerstore.ca and the chips are awesome. The prices are very good, the service was fantastic as well. Gotta love spending CDN$ at a Canuck site....
  • If you're set about getting chips from a non-website source, then I know that Dufferin Games Room sometimes carries them, and chances are that there's a Dufferin in your city.
  • check out....ctideals... on ebay they are Canadian company and have 1000 chip sets, draw back is that they charge US currency, last time I check a set went for $160.00 US, not back for 1000 chips, plus there is no custom charge, and you get to pick colours and quanity.
  • and you get to pick colours and quanity.

According to one of the Ebay listings I saw, you do not get your choice of colours.
    Each set of suit design chips will come with our most popular combination of colors (300 white, 300 red, 200 green, 100 blue, 100 black) as shown in the top picture.

ScottyZ
  • There are definately some better prices on Ebay.ca.

As well, I wasn't entirely happy with pokerstore, as I didn't receive everything as promised. A VERY minor omission, but just getting the brush-off at this point (over a $5.00 item addmittedly) is annoying nonetheless. That bugs me.

Aside from this, the delivery was fast (when they had stock), and it is nice to be able to ask questions and get relatively quick replies, even if they don't always follow through on the little things.
  • you must request customized set with your payment, if you do not do this they will send default set colours
  • you must request customized set with your payment, if you do not do this they will send default set colours

I wonder why they would not include this information in the Ebay listing. It would seem that you also need to know what colours are actually available to make your colour selection. Plus, if I was shopping for chips and wanted a choice of colours, I might pass this listing by since it never states that you may customize the colour choice. If they do actually allow a choice of colours, that's pretty poor marketing.

ScottyZ
  • I recently purchased some chips online (they aren't here yet...), and the listing said that you could change the chip distribution if you requested it.

That being said, I stuck with the default colors (50 black, 100 Green, 200 red, 150 White).
  • is there a way to mark these chips?
    to somehow "stamp" the centres....say intials, or a simple logo...
    i was thinking maybe something like what they use to monogram golf balls, but since i have no idea how that works, i don't know if u could do that.

any ideas?
  • Usually the factory who your retailer distibutes for will emboss numerical characters in gold foil. You can sometime get pictures printed. Not sure about stamping it with an ink stamp. The ink might run, then you'll try to wipe it off then it'll smudge then you'll be unhappy. Lol, I can turn anys situation into something worse. I guess if you do have a monogrammer then it wouldn't hurt to try on one chip.
  • oh i know u can get some great designs for custom chips, or even simple ones for the more inexpensive chips. i just meant for the chips i already have.

i might have to just try getting one of those golf ball thingies...