Tourney is on

Hi all,
KW Tourney is on for this Sat. 6th March
Starting time is 4pm. 60$ buy in.. No re-buys or add ons, No-limit.. Seating will be capped at 4 tables (if we get that many) Please email me to reserve your spot(s). If you don't know the address I will email it to ya when I get your confimation, although any of the local KW guys I am sure can tell you where it is..We will start the cash-ins at 3:45, tourney to start at 4pm sharp, unless you have pre bought in before Sat, if you aren't there on time you are out of luck.. I will be sending out an email on the kw list also so you should get an email there also..The payouts will depend on the number of entrants but will probably be in the neighborhood of top 6 or so.. Any questions email me at rthibod@hotmail.com..
-Rob

Comments

• Aw man, I already have plans this Saturday. :evil: :(
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Aw man, I already have plans this Saturday. :evil: :(

Maybe I could just mail a cheque and you guys could deal me in for the first hand and then bust me out so it would be like I was there. :D
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:
    Aw man, I already have plans this Saturday. :evil: :(

Maybe I could just mail a cheque and you guys could deal me in for the first hand and then bust me out so it would be like I was there. :D

Sorry, that was me.
  • Still spots open for this saturdays tourney?
  • tourney is still on and some spots are left but you have to email me asap, if you want a spot..rthibod@hotmail.com

-Rob
  • Who ended up coming in the money? I know i was out fairly quick :(

stp
  • How did the tourney go? Was it a good turnout?

I might ask to join the next one if you have spots. Would have gone this time, but couldn't have made it in time.

hork.
  • The tourny went well IMO. Lots of fun for sure!

For me, I really started to think that I was going to get blinded out..I think I played only 3 hands over 3 levels because I continually got hands like

8-3, 9-2, J-4 I never had such a long stretch of cards laughing at me. Going into round 6 or 7 when the blinds were 50-100 I was down to only about 400 in chips. I got lucky and was able to limp in with 77...flopped a set and turned a boat and got paid off...then the cards just kept coming my way fortunately.

I stuck to a tight-agressive stance and wound up in 2nd place..I made at least 1 vital mistake which could have cost me first place, but I'm still quite happy overall with the results (2nd place paid $400) there were 24 players that showed up...it started with 3 tables of 8
  • Well done. Congrats!

How many places paid out in total? I'm really interested in trying one of these tournaments out someday.

no, I'm not fresh meat, I do have some experience online. :)

hork.
  • 4 places paid out

Hopefully there will be another one soon!
  • Where was the tournament held ? At your house or a different location ?

We have about 16 players attend our home tournaments but we can't
    really expand more than that due to limited space/tables ?
  • it was held at Robs (the person who started this thread)
  • WTG on the 2nd place finish Neil. I bubbled out at 5th, and it sucked. Can't believe you made it to 2nd, you must have finally been getting some cards... I had your problem, no cards for the last hour or so of my tourney experience, and my stack wasn't big enough to make up for that fact. I finally pushed it all in on the button with an ace, big stack calls from SB with KJ, hits the flop, and I'm done.

It was a great tourney tho, kudos to the organizers. My brother was pretty happy with his big moment... all-in preflop with AK vs. AQ vs. TT. Flop comes QTx, turn no help, river is an unlikely jack to give him the broadway straight and a final table appearance. I assume the guy to the left of the dealer (your right) won?

Great site. I'll take a moment to introduce myself a little later on. Very cool site tho, should be a big help for Canadian poker.
  • When players bust out, is there normally a side game that gets started? Or is it pretty much sit and watch or go home?

hork.
  • Side games are usually the norm. I busted out in 6th but made good money in the side game. Every time a go out a tourney I usually win back my entry in the side games.
  • Sorry I couldn't be there, :cry: any plans to have another in the near future?
  • Okay, who else finished 6th? We've got two players so far. :)

Professor:
    (Including yours truly, 2 off the money.)

OS Kid:
    I busted out in 6th but made good money in the side game

ScottyZ
  • I also finished 6th...
  • I'm Spartacus.

ScottyZ
  • Me and the Prof busted out on the same hand!
  • sry, that was me
  • Okay, I see. Then (if it mattered) whoever had more chips at the beginning of the hand finished 6th.

ScottyZ
  • hehe yea, KWplayer took out 2 in one hand, technically, professor went in with more $$ so I suppose he would've been counted as going out in 5th?

If I remember correctly:

prof raises to 400 preflop

OS kid goes allin for 300

KWplayer reraises allin

professor calls an additional 300-400 (KW had him more than covered)

professor shows AJ

OS shows K 10

KW shows KK and scoops the loot.
  • so I suppose he would've been counted as going out in 5th?

If there were 4 players left at the end of the hand, then yes. However, if this was the case, now we have two different players finishing 5th...

all_aces:
    I bubbled out at 5th, and it sucked.

ScottyZ
  • I wish I didn't go out 5th, but sadly, that was the case. Prof went out 6th with AQ after calling KW's (pretty sweet) all-in limp-reraise, and OS went out 7th from the BB.