Placed 73rd at PS $215 Tourney

My best by far in these bigger Tourneys , I posted some stuff in the
"Who's on " Thread. .......Twas fun!!

Comments

• Nice, I came in 22th in the same tourney just missed the big money
  • Hey well done....nice having a shot at that BIG CASH!!
  • Wow. Congrats, guys. I have never played in the 215 on Sunday. Maybe I should play some satelities but for now I'll stick to the 10+1 rebuys... :P
  • Very well done guys... nothing beats the feeling of being in the money spots in a Stars $215 tourney, in serious contention for the big payday. What a rush. And the railbirds go crazy! A mile a minute... ;)

Mark, I know you're Timesmog at Stars (welcome back, BTW), but what's your handle, AcesUp? My apologies if you've mentioned it before in another thread... I find it hard to keep track. Maybe I'll start a thread for poker site usernames, and ask to have it made sticky or something. Again, it's possible that such a thread already exists, and I'm an idiot.

I managed 32nd of around 1020 or so in last night's $10+$1 rebuy. I think I won $100. :D But as the two of you can attest, it isn't always about making big money. Knowing that you have the chops to beat out 1000 people is almost as good. But big money's better.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Thanks A_A...
    Yes its nice to feel like your playing a soild game & get a few breaks as well.I think you need both to last.
    Hey Chris ...try the satelities during the day if you can , I have found them to be soft.
    Good Luck
    Mark
  • Thanks Aces, my name on Stars is PokerStuff. I've seen you play some 30/60 before, as soon as my bankroll is big enough I hope to join you in that game.

Mark I agree the sats to the 215 are really easy, I quailfied 4 times for the Sunday Tourney.
  • How long does a big tournament like this usually take to finish? Like, I have work and stuff and I've never entered one because I didn't think I'd be able to fit it around my schedule. Basically my question is, do I have to book an entire day for online poker to be able to play in one?
  • Will these tournies usually start during the day so they dont go too late. I got knocked out after about 5 hours. If your still in it after 5 hours who cares about work.
  • Mark wrote:
    Thanks A_A...
    Yes its nice to feel like your playing a soild game & get a few breaks as well.I think you need both to last.
    Hey Chris ...try the satelities during the day if you can , I have found them to be soft.
    Good Luck
    Mark

I have 500 FPP so I will try to win an entry for next Sunday. I just noticed those FPP satelites!
  • Will:

The Sunday tournaments start at 4:30pm, and 99% of them are over by 11:30pm.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Congrats on the top 100 finish. You do run into some good card players in those tourneys. Hope you make the money next time.