Advice on moving up from 5-10 to 10-20 at Brantford?

Hi can anybody offer me any advice on the differences of these two limits. I'm making $6.60 an hour in 40 hours playing 5-10 and want to give 10-20 a shot. A lot of the time I lose pots in 5-10 its from runner runner situations. Any advice that might help me make the transition would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Just play tight and be carefull when the Rocks are in a pot and you will do fine. Just be sure your bankroll can handle the swings of 10/20.
  • isn't it the same thing just that will higher betting??

i think if ur doing good at the 5-10 table ... just make sureu have a good bankroll to go up and u can handle the swing :)
  • If you have the Bankroll to play 10/20 and you are winning at 5/10 then I say give it a shot now.

I play 10/20 in Brantford a lot and if the reason you want to move up is because your big hands are being cracked by runner runner flush and straight draws, You will be dissapointed.

10/20 is not much different than 5/10. You lose more when some bannana flops no pair but manages to find a reason to chase after his perfect perfect two pair.

You see the thing is, you are winning *because* these gamblers chase these hands. If you did not have people trying to "get lucky" poker would not be as profitable for you im sure.

If you do give the 10/20 game a shot make sure you are comfortable at that level otherwise you will most likely make the wrong choices based on your bankroll and not the right play.

P.S. When in doubt just RAISE! Sometimes it works:)
  • I made the move about a month ago for the same reason plus other reasons. The level of play is not that much different. There are the same amount of gamblers, skilled players, rocks, etc. The main difference is the pot sizes, they're obviously bigger. I like it better than $5/$10.

Good luck with that.