Why is the PartyPoker software so bad?

What is it about the Partypoker software that everybody hates so much? I like it alot more than most other sites, especially Pokerstars which everyone seems to think is alot better. I find Pokerstars alot clunkier and the cards small and hard to read.

I play on both sites, for different game selection, tournaments etc. So tell me what is it you guys dislike about the software?

Comments

• i play on party and ultimatebet, and i much prefer ultimatebet's software...

for one thing, i can't stand the colour scheme of partypoker, i think its a big eye sore....and i don't care for the cheesy, standard avatars at the tables...the sound effects, which i've had off for awhile, i remember were quite annoying...oh, and i really hate how they handle empty seats; you have to click on the seat, and then confirm money, before you can lay claim to it (on ub the first click reserves it for you, and then u decide how much money you want...)

as for the actual games, i prefer UB's 100x the big blind max buyin for the NL games, as opposed to party's 50x...i also think its kind of silly that the one line summary of a previous hand includes uncalled raises in the dollar amount (kinda nit picky i guess)

and this is less about software but....they don't give bonus points for playing hands...its a nice little extra, UB gives them to you, and i believe pokerstars does as well.......the only reason i play party is because they have a lot of awful players...otherwise it wouldn't be on my harddrive

ps. oh ya, i also dislike party's tournament structure for SnG's....for starters, the first blind is 10-20 (or maybe its 10-15) and you only have 800 chips....and the blinds go up every 10 hands...this isn't so bad for the first 1-2 rounds, but then when there are 4-6 people left, it gets to be too much like bingo because everyone feels pressure from the blinds....and down to the last 2-3 its even worse, the blinds go up very quickly
  • alex_844 wrote:
    What is it about the Partypoker software that everybody hates so much?

It's en vogue to diss party and shill for stars.
  • I play Party more than Stars, so part of this may be I'm just more familar with the Party interface, but here's my opinions.

Party Poker Software Pros
    ---

* Cards are bigger and easier to read
    * Easier to tell if you have notes on a player
    * Able to read part of the notes just by hovering over the note
    * Easier to tell which player is currently up (I have a hard time on Stars seeing the blinking name to determine who the action is on. Maybe that's just because I play Party more often).
    * The ability to quickly get a hand history from the last hand.

Party cons

* Update table status way too infrequently. If the lobby in party says there is an empty seat, I know there is a good chance its been filled 10 seconds ago.
    * Update tournament lobby too infrequently. If someone gets eliminated it can take a while for this to be indicated. Important if you're on the bubble.
    * Don't provide stats such as number of people seeing the flop
    * Have to open a window to take notes, and need to close it before the person is eliminated or you move to another table, to save the note

I'm sure there are other thing, but in general I feel Stars is a bit more polished. But I play mainly on Party because I find the quality of players lower, and I am a big fan of being able to quickly see what people were holding the last hand if it went to a showdown.

Kevin
  • Well in regards to the avatars and sound effects... both can be turned off, they'd drive me insane if i kept them on. I actually find the pictures at Stars really annoying, ditto for the sound effects there as well.