Brantford Venom No Limit Tourny

Some of you might recall this "undergroud" poker establishment from a post about 2 months ago. I'm just wondering if anyone is attending the $80 ($25 bounty) tournament tonight at 7pm? Last time I was there I got beat out on the 3rd hand when I was all in with AA vs. QQ, time for redemption.

I also wonder why people have called this an "underground" poker room when you clearly have to walk upstairs to get to it? :)

stp

Comments

• Well I made the final table and went out in 5th, one away from the four players that made a deal for 250 each and play for the remaining bounties and 200 dollars. I had been raised a tonne from the guy to my right when he was the button or the SB, I kept folding until I had a hand. I was medium/short stack and picked up JJ in the SB, guy to my right raises 2000 on top of the 300/600 blinds. I re-raise him all in which was 2300 more. He calls with QQ and I go home with 3 bounties ($75), entry was $80. The 2000 raise he made was a typical raise from that position for him. He told me afterwards that he had had a sick run of cards, AA, KK and then QQ within 10 minutes. Great tourny, hopefully next time those ladies won't take me out again.

btw..the payouts were supposed to be 1st 840, 2nd 240 and 3rd 120. Made way more sense to make the deal for 250 each and play for the remaining 200. All four players were about even.

stp
  • So close... nice finish nonetheless stpboy. How many entrants (approx.) were there? It'd be cool to have like an annual 'championship event' or something at that club, with more entrants and a higher buy-in. Glad everything went off without a hitch... they seem to be a steady, reliable source for live tournaments.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • There were 24 entrants this time, to bad you couldn't have made it for this one. CanadaKev was there also and seemed to be cleaning up the side game as I was leaving.

stp
  • "Last time I was there I got beat out on the 3rd hand when I was all in with AA vs. QQ, time for redemption."

That brings back fond memories of the one of the first tournaments I've played. First hand of the tournament, I picked up AA in small blind. Button goes all in, I call. With pocket queens, he hits the Q on the turn for the win.
  • Glad I'm not the only one that has "fond memories" of that particular beat ;)