Are you a Rogers Cellphone Customer?

Are you a Rogers Cellphone Customer? Then i have got a deal for you. custom plans bill credits and hardware upgrades. PM for more info

Comments

• sry forgot to mention only applies to toronto mississauga kitchener cambridge brampton hamilton and brantford areas
  • Niagara Falls???
  • ya i got confirmation for niagra falls
  • Hit me with the details.....
  • ok i'll nibble...
  • pm me the details..
  • I dropped Rogers last month YAHOOO!!!!! They're crooks!

I'm with Telus and I'm finding that the quality is better, less holes and dropped calls in the network, and I'm saving $1200 a month for an equal if not slightly better plan and all the new equipment was free!

:)

Not to mention the Mike system which is billed by the second rather then minute ;)
  • Big E wrote: »
    I'm saving $1200 a month for an equal if not slightly better plan and all the new equipment was free!
    i never could get up the gumption to ask about that huge growth on the side of your head...
    I dropped Rogers last month YAHOOO!!!!! They're crooks!

I'm with Telus and I'm finding that the quality is better, less holes and dropped calls in the network, and I'm saving $1200 a month for an equal if not slightly better plan and all the new equipment was free!

Not to mention the Mike system which is billed by the second rather then minute ;)

I find it very hard to beleive that you are saving 1200.00 per month. I have had 10 mike phones for my company and there was no 1200.00 per month savings with all of them in total. The Telus system in my opinion sucks and is extreemly restricted as to its flexibility. The rogers system does not incurr very many dropped calls at least no more than telus. Please let me know next time when you want to talk crap so i can get my rubber boots out of the closet.
  • I find it very hard to beleive that you are saving 1200.00 per month.
    Yeah, hard to believe. Is he saving that on 5 phones or 50? Wait, he never said. "Big number, so must disagree without reason" - good logic. Any chance his company has more phones than your little 10-man shop?

Nice to see somebody with 20 posts challenging a respected, long-term member without cause. You'll fit right in...
    He even gave your system props! Where's Mark and his asbestos suit, I foresee an E-style smack down in the near future.

/g2
  • I find it very hard to beleive that you are saving 1200.00 per month. I have had 10 mike phones for my company and there was no 1200.00 per month savings with all of them in total. The Telus system in my opinion sucks and is extremely restricted as to its flexibility. The rogers system does not incurr very many dropped calls at least no more than telus. Please let me know next time when you want to talk crap so i can get my rubber boots out of the closet.

This is funny, the comment about Telus being restricted is absolutely ridiculous, give me examples....I have lost nothing by moving to Telus but have gained the ability to use the two way MIKE system which is extremely useful? Not that I care one bit WTF you think, let me give you a break down:

I have 26 units in service that need to be able to make calls across Canada and the US. It costs me $330 per month with Rogers for a plan that has 1600 minutes. It costs me $110 for a plan with 400 minutes. Rogers does not pool their minutes so if the user with 1600 minutes only uses say 1000 minutes the 600 left over cannot be shared among the other plans. If the user with 400 minutes then uses 600 I get charged for an extra 200 minutes at expensive rates.

Take Telus now and it costs me $300 for a plan with 1600 minutes, an immediate savings of $30. It also costs me either $150 for 700 minutes or $75 for 250 minutes but Telus POOLS THEIR PLANS so if the same user with 1600 minutes uses only 1000 but the user with 250 uses 600 minutes the 600 minutes left over from the 1600 plan is applied to the overage on the 250 plan...can you follow this or is it too complicated for your little brain? If all 24 plans were on a 1600 minute plan the immediate savings of $30 ($300 with Telus/$330 with Rogers) would result in a monthly savings of $780 ($30x26 get your calculator if I've lost you)...however this is not the case. The pooling is where I really see the savings, it has allowed me to reduce many of my plans so instead of paying $330 a month that same user is now paying $300,$150, or even $75 a month. So by getting cheaper rate plans from the get go and adding the advantages of pooling I no longer have overages that are getting charged at inflated rates so YES, you tool, I can and am saving around $1200 per month. An average bill with Rogers for me is around the $3600-4000 mark depending on overages, with Telus it's now around $2400. The quality of service has definitely not gotten worse, so far the users have commented on the quality and the fact that they drop less calls. This is just my case it may not be the same for everyone but before you call someone a liar check the facts door knob. You can verify the numbers on-line if you can figure out how to use the web.

Oh and we received a $100 credit per account which not only covered the cost of buying all the new equipment it also helped cover some cancellations fees. For example I bought 6 phones for service, Telus had a military grade phone perfect for this on sale, buy 1 for $59.99 get 5 free. So I received $600 in credits and paid out $59.99 for 6 phones...not too shabby IMHO.

So in summary, blow me!
    I dropped Rogers last month YAHOOO!!!!! They're crooks!

In general I hear TELUS is not that great unless you are on the MIKE system. Billing with Rogers with regards to per minute or second is dependant on the plan.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    Yeah, hard to believe. Is he saving that on 5 phones or 50? Wait, he never said. "Big number, so must disagree without reason" - good logic. Any chance his company has more phones than your little 10-man shop?

Nice to see somebody with 20 posts challenging a respected, long-term member without cause. You'll fit right in...

Nice way to welcome new members Beanie. Didn't you blast me for doing something similar?

And this coming from a "well respected" poster, who IMO should know better.
  • Come on, Beanie did nothing wrong, he pointed out the obvious and made a little joke which really relates to the overall 'nature' of this forum....we all like to poke fun..and honestly most people usually resort to insults rather then intelligent debate, myself included :)
    Let's hope 2007 brings better things for this forum and it's members.
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    Didn't you blast me for doing something similar?
    I assume you're referring to http://pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?p=101589#post101589, so no, I didn't blast you, I simply mentioned "garbage posts". I'm sorry if that phrase made you think of your own contributions, and I apologize if it wounded you deeply enough that you are stalking my posts looking for something to attack me on.

As far as the actual post above, I didn't make any comment about the post being valueless, I actually addressed the content of the post and pointed out the problems with the poster's argument. I have no problem with anyone debating/attacking/discussing topics, I just get annoyed with useful posts like the obviously sarcastic "post of the year" and "yawn" comments.
    MDSGuy wrote: »
    And this coming from a "well respected" poster, who IMO should know better.
    I agree that I should know better, and I do my best to carry on respectful (if sometimes heated) conversations. I honestly can't see what's inappropriate with this post, but if you'd care to post/PM me, I'm always open to constructive criticism from my friends.

Happy New Year MDS!
  • For years Bell always gave me new cell phones for free. Not anymore.
    I can't wait till March when I can transfer my Bell cell # over to telus. Thanks for the info.
  • A little update as we as a company continue to experience excellent QOS with Telus, we had one little hiccup last month. It seems our rep had put one of the phones we use for calling to and from the US on a Canadian only plan. I noticed the mistake on our third invoice when I saw roaming charges. I immediately brought out my signed contract listing the plans we were supposed to have and he immediately said he would re-imburse us for the error. I made a comment something like 'it's nice to see Telus offer such good customer service as Rogers never did', he mentioned 'oh no, this was my mistake, it comes out of my pocket.'.
    Whether that is true or not I do not know but I see we received the refund on our current invoice.
    This is only one persons experience, but for what it's worth I am extremely happy with my decision to move to Telus, given the fact that the coverage between the 'Big 3' is very close to the same it's these little things combined with substantial savings that make it all worth while for me.
    I made a comment something like 'it's nice to see Telus offer such good customer service as Rogers never did', he mentioned 'oh no, this was my mistake, it comes out of my pocket.'.
    Whether that is true or not I do not know but I see we received the refund on our current invoice.
    If it actually came out of his pocket the QOS would be shit, for numerous reasons. I suspect he was using the "royal my" and meant Telus' pocket.

/g2
  • You think? I can understand his explaination, he does not work for Telus but for CTI, being that he made the mistake I can see why Telus themselves would not credit the error. I find it refreshing to see someone not only admit they made the mistake but take the effort to correct....although perhaps I'm being naive and indeed Telus did do it....you know what tho, I'm not sure I care how it happened...only that it did!