Mid-afternoon $11+Rebuys on Stars

I think these tournaments provide excellent value. I played in one yesterday afternoon, starting at 4:30 (I think). There was just over 400 entrants, but with the unlimited rebuys until the break, plus the add-on, first place paid something like $4000! Mind you, I didn't even come close, but there is great potential there:). Plus (and I think Scotty brought this up in another post), the house is only taking $1 from you even if you pony up $30 with the rebuy and add-on. I realize that the payouts aren't as good as the frequent 10:15pm events, but your chances of winning sure are better.

And, that's my two cents. I'm Kent Brockman.

Comments

• Yeah, I think these tournaments are fantastic value for skilled players. There is an *incredible* amount of play in these tourneys due to the sheer number of tournament chips in play. If you don't go crazy with the re-buys yourself (I typically take between 0-2 re-buys, depending on my starting table), you're getting added prize pool value from the people who are re-buying like crazy. With the unbelievably low house drop ($1) and the amount of money going into the prize pool from re-buys, these tournaments are pretty close to automatically +EV for good players.

There is also a pretty big dead money ratio in these tourneys, and the beautiful thing is the dead money can re-buy. :)

Played one last night and busted out around 200th place when my JJ all-in was called by someone who went into the tank with 44 and called $10K more after a $1,200 limp-in UTG. Not a bad beat story... a dead money story. :cool:

ScottyZ
  • Scotty, I'm pretty sure that was a bad-beat story. Just to warn you, frogs are falling from the sky, locusts are taking over small towns, and monkeys are now calling the shots.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Crap. I knew I should have said somebody else had those Jacks. :banghead:

We were actually joking about that one at the Second Chance tourney. DJEP and his Precision Laser-Technology Stopwatch^TM (it goes around corners!) determined that I was winning in the hand for 2.37 seconds.

At least the monkeys are the ones who have taken control. All hope is not lost.

ScottyZ :P