Instant Replay @ West Side Poker Club December 9th

13»

Comments

• Yeah, thanks to Brent and Cam and Steve and Shane and whoever else helped make last night awesome.

My tourny ended after 6 hours of play without any money...7th. Top 5 paid.

After winning only 6 hands over the course of the whole tournament...seriously, only 6. I ended up at the final table of nine with the 3rd shortest stack. I was sitting about 5th in chips with 7 left with 40000ish, 500,000ish in play. Blinds were 1200/2400 and a 300(or 400) ante. I made it 11000 with 77. After thinking about it Lou pushed me all in. I figured if he had a pair of TT-AA he would see a flop and then take my money. So I put him on 22-77 or big ace. He flipped over 66. River six...what can you do.
    Greg and Lou played an awesome heads up match. It was great to watch. Great playing with both of you.

Great tourny. Thanks again Westside. I'm so glad they got the campfire going midday.
  • Thanks to Brent and all for another great Westside event. Can't wait for the next one!

Congrats Lou!
  • Many thanks for the good wishes from everyone! Great work by Brent and Cam and all that helped -- Josh, Bubba, G2, et all (sorry if I missed some).

I also liked that Brent was willing to cap the blinds once we got down to four handed. I was the big stack, but wanted to play some poker rather than the push bot strategy. Very long final table -- I think about six hours and heads up went about two hours. Funny seeing the Hall dude falling asleep during our heads up match!

Greg played a great match heads up and just got caught on one hand which turned the tables. My AT vs his A9. Alas my AT held up. I think my chinese water torture strategy took it's toll on Greg.

Very, very tough final table where each competitor had some great strengths and not many weaknesses to exploit. Can't say there was one chip farm at the table.

Josh, I would have made the same move with all hands AA-55, AK, AQ, AJ. I figured I could get you off of most hands as you had just won a big pot and got some new chips. Didn't think you would call with anything other than AK or JJ-AA. It sure didn't look like you had JJ-AA though.

Had a blast.

Cheers
    Lou
  • Well done, Lou!
  • Hey Greg, congrats on the 2nd place. Glad to see you wade through the muck to the FT and heads up.

Congrats to Lou on the win.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Greg, when did you learn to play poker good enough to get heads up at a west side? LOL J/K.
    ummm... thanks? and thanks to all those supportive posters here. sadly this is my best result in an mtt in a while :(

getting to the final table was an interesting adventure. first table was horrendous. 2 guys sitting out. 2 guys who didn't seem to know how to play. 2 more guys. plus me and g2 just shaking our heads. each hand was an exercise in tilt-inducing, nails scraping on a chalkboard pain. thankfully our table broke early. kudos on that brent.

next table had a loud mouth with a big stack, jeff the carmaker and big chris el came over shortly. as the blinds rose, my stack shrunk accordingly. thankfully, my tight image allowed me to steal the blinds often enough to stay alive, even against the fairly loose big stack. finally big stack raised yet again from UTG and i had a 99 in MP. fully expecting to be called by a weak Ace, i pushed and he called and flipped over 88. apparently my push was 'the absolute worst move in poker EVER' but my hand held up. a while later, mr now-mediumish-stack put about half his stack in UTG only to be re-raised immediately by tighty-whitey carmaker. normally i'd give jeff credit for a very big hand any time he plays but he was getting a bit short and knew UTG was raising with a lot of crap too. i looked down in MP at KK, naturally i pushed only mildly fearing AA from either one mostly fearing a suckout. they both called. loudmouth showed AJs and carmaker AQo - chance of suckout greatly reduced!. KK held up, they were both out and i was now a very healthy stack but apparently i was 'the worst player in the tourney BY FAR'. Hey, let's discuss that after i finish stacking all your chips, ok buddy? i did kind of suckout on one player with my AK vs 22 (who pushed out of turn in front of me...) when the board ended up with 2pr - Ace kicker was good and i didn't even see it until he walked away from the table. final table started shortly after that.

kudos to all those at the final table. there was some very good play there. it took forever to bust the bubble. again with the blinds rising all stacks began to look shortish. i was fortunate not to have my all-ins called when i was pushing garbage. i did catch a couple good hands too so i just started pushing a lot. my stack built up a bit. took a couple bad-ish beats that put me in the danger territory. my desperate push with 94o was called by AKo and of course i hit trip 4's to stay alive. josh, horrid suckout to knock you out - i was bleeding for you there. kristy, you made some impressive plays... loved that AA against the guy who always pushed against your raise. that play was pure genius! damian, unfortunate oversight calling that all-in re-raise too hastily with your 52s not realizing how big a hit your stack would take.

and then there's louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... great heads-up play, lou. i had a few chances to put you away early but you managed to avoid losing many chips against my monsters. i think i got up to close to a 3-1 chip lead but i could not put you away and it frustrated the hell out of me. you avoided KK, 2 pr and a set of Aces. your experience here showed towards the end. i slowed my aggression and you chipped back up to around 3-2 deficit and then i called your AT re-raise perhaps a bit too hastily myself with A9. suddenly i was in big trouble. barring a complete shutdown by you it was all but over. final hand i pushed with J9 and you called with QJ. i thought you'd need a better hand than that to call since winning that hand would put me almost even but perhaps i had been a bit push happy? in that whole heads-up session did we only show down 2 hands? i know i was exhausted by the end. i don't think it ended until after midnight. i can't wait until we have a rematch!

great tourney, brent and cam. thanks for dealing the FT, bubba.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    apparently my push was 'the absolute worst move in poker EVER' but my hand held up. a while later, mr now-mediumish-stack put about half his stack in UTG only to be re-raised immediately by tighty-whitey carmaker. normally i'd give jeff credit for a very big hand any time he plays but he was getting a bit short and knew UTG was raising with a lot of crap too. i looked down in MP at KK, naturally i pushed only mildly fearing AA from either one mostly fearing a suckout. they both called. loudmouth showed AJs and carmaker AQo - chance of suckout greatly reduced!. KK held up, they were both out and i was now a very healthy stack but apparently i was 'the worst player in the tourney BY FAR'. Hey, let's discuss that after i finish stacking all your chips, ok buddy? i did kind of suckout on one player with my AK vs 22 (who pushed out of turn in front of me...) when the board ended up with 2pr - Ace kicker was good and i didn't even see it until he walked away from the table.

I guess that's the guy who downstairs at the cash table was saying you are the BIGGEST donk he'd ever seen. Cam sat there shaking his head saying you can't mean pokerfce greg. But OH YA it was you. I wish I was the worst player if it means getting second. I"m sure you took my original comment the way it was intended. :)
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »

finally big stack raised yet again from UTG and i had a 99 in MP. fully expecting to be called by a weak Ace, i pushed and he called and flipped over 88.
    i looked down in MP at KK, naturally i pushed only mildly fearing AA from either one mostly fearing a suckout. they both called. loudmouth showed AJs and carmaker AQo -

This is the funniest thing Greg has ever posted!

Let's see, you get your money in WAAAAAAAAAY ahead both times, but you're the worst poker player EVER! HAHAHA!! That guy is an idiot! I hope he got pwned in the cash game. What a dink. (I really hope it isn't someone I know)

Congrats on the great finish, Greg.

Johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    This is the funniest thing Greg has ever posted!

What a dink. (I really hope it isn't someone I know)

Congrats on the great finish, Greg.

Johnnie

It was Mark Breaton. :)

Congrats Lou and Greg! Wish I could have been there.

stp
  • Haha..

Sadly, I didn't get to play with pkrfce9 all day, but I think I know the guy he's talking about...

Mark
  • See I kind of put Mark Breaton on tilt. He thought I was crazy to call him with 93 and it was the last before the break. He was just steaming the whole time and then came back to the table still angry.

Nice game Lou and Greg, I figured that you guys were goign to play for a while the way we were playing. After you busted me Greg I thought about sticking around to see the end, but it was 11 and I knew it was going to go an other hour, nice game though guys, hopefully can get a rematch with you guys. Good playing with you too kristy, that was just poor luck that I flopped 2 pairs exactly. there was no way you could put me on flopping with 25. I hope you play again, I've been there twice and played you twice, so I don't doubt that it won't happen again.
  • I don't recalll tilting all day...

Who are you BTW ssj4hernan?

Mark
  • i'm sorry i could have gottent the name and just confused everyone.

I was sitting on Greg's right just before the final table, young looking kid.
  • Hey man!

Did you say I referred you? :)
  • of course I did
  • Wurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I don't recalll tilting all day...

That's true. I've played a ton of poker with Mark over the years, and I've VERY, VERY rarely seen him on tilt.

Tilted in his chair, well that's another story.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    That's true. I've played a ton of poker with Mark over the years, and I've VERY, VERY rarely seen him on tilt.

Tilted in his chair, well that's another story.

Dancing on the tables when he HITS...we have ALL seen that.

But TILT? MARK? Nawwwwwwwwww, can't be him ;)
  • ssj4hernan...

stpboy was just making a joke at me, and I said I think I know the guy non-sarcastically... short, buzz-cut like hair with a goatee. I didn't play at g2's table until just before the final table, and to his right was Haddon...

As for Johnnie and A.J.... what's a brother gotta do to live something down.. damn!

Mark

As for Johnnie and A.J.... what's a brother gotta do to live something down.. damn!

Mark

Mark I want to thank you for coming out and playing and hope you had a good time. I hope you will be out to play in the future.

To the other K/W people that have missed the last few Tourney's West Side Poker misses you as well, and hope to see you all again in the new year.
  • I think you need to bring back the bounty!
  • Ugh yeah, I was joking. Mark does tilt like when you call his all in with...<insert predicted response here Mark> or bluff him on the river when he had <insert response here> he just isn't an ahole about it, he's kinda funny instead. LOL

stp

What makes you think we will EVER let you live THAT down?? lol j/k Mark
    what's a brother gotta do to live something down..
    Maybe win a KWGM trophy!!! :wav:

(hint, hint)
  • nudge nudge!!
  • Because I haven't said it but.....

Great game on Saturday. Congrats to Lou and Greg (you made it to second Greg.......way to go).

I just couldn't double up, I kept pushing all-in but people kept folding except for my last hand when I pushed with A-Q and got called by pocket 8's and I didn't hit.

Well run once again.