Tournament Aug 4 Port Perry

Does any one have a seat for the NL tournament at Port Perry on Wed Aug 4?
I will be there and was just wondering if anyone else was going. I know this event has been sold out for a while but the live action should be good if anyone that doesnt have a seat wants to go.

I will post a trip report on Thurs or Fri.

Comments

• Wednesday August 4th!

Yes I have a seat in this tourney, I've been waiting for this day for a long time now.

It should be really exciting.

I know several players from the mini tourneys who are participating and then we have the 10-20, 5-10 regulars...I can't wait to be part of the action.

I think am going to spend around $400 with the re-buys and add-ons.

Hertz come say hello during the break.... I should be easy to spot as I will be wearing a Panama Hat.

Good Luck
  • Sure thing Don I will look for you.
    I should also be easy to spot, Im 350 pounds, I have a shaved head(although I might wear a hat that day), and Ill probably wear my "lucky" red
    T-shirt.

See you at the final table.
  • Let me know how you do, didnt feel like driving my lazy ass down there to find out you had finished in 88th place! haha
    good luck to both of you, because i type this you're either very deep in the tournament or at home drowning in your sorrows
  • Let me know how you do, didnt feel like driving my lazy ass down there to find out you had finished in 88th place! haha
    good luck to both of you, because i type this you're either very deep in the tournament or at home drowning in your sorrows

LOL Brent! you should've been there it was pretty exciting, but I did manage to do better than 88th lol maybe 79th! hahahahaha

Here's a summary of what happened:

I am seated in Table 5 seat #3

I decided from the get go that I was going to play tight and conservative. Two guys go all-in in the 1st hand after the flop! Seat #8 with K10 and Seat #10 with J9.

Seat #10 gets a straight on the river and doubles up nicely! He then decided to push everyone during the next 5 hands!

Seat #2 was not present and was substituted with a waiting list player after 15 mintues of play. He started with a blinded bank roll and lost with a straight in his second hand of play to seat #10 who had the nut flush.

Seat # 9 had at least 5 rebuys before the break
    Seat # 8 had his share as well around 4
    Seat # 2 had the most rebuys with "$600" spent b4 the break. I believe this included his $120 entry fee. I believe he had only 6 rebuys even though he said $600 was spent.

Amasingly, Seat #2 managed to gather the chip lead with big pots before the break. Seat#8 was not far behind

I bought 2 rebuys before the break. The first one was being trimmed by the blinds as well as by some of the few flops that I saw.

I saw flops holding

AQ, 55, A9, AJ, and maybe one or two with Kx.

The flop never improved my hand and I saw myself being pushed around after the flop or at the turn.

*************************Break*****************************

Dick Hertz came by and said hello...he kinda of caught me of guard eating oysters during the break!

(Dick you're a cool guy buddy I hope you did well)

End of break:

I felt that this was the begining of the real tourney, and I was pretty sure that things would change - well they did lol!

One of the first guys to be busted out was Kim! He's one of the big sharks at the 20/40 tables! I was somewhat surprised and overwhelmed....

ok

This is the only hand that I truly played:

Fifth hand after the break I get [7:club: 7:diamond:] in early position.

I decided to raise by 200 with 2 other callers
    seat #9 and seat #10

I probably had 2500T after the raise, Seat #9 had around 2600T, and Seat #10 had about 9000T

Blinds were 100/200 I believe.

Flop comes:

[8:diamond: 2:spade: J:club:] rainbow

I bet 200T

Seat #9 calls, seat #10 calls

Turn gives me a

[7:heart:]

I decided to slowplay with a bet of 200T

Seat#9 folds and seat #10 raises me to 500T

with [8:diamond: 2:spade: J:club: 7:heart:]

I felt he probably had Jx

My trip 7's looked sooooooooooooooooooo good and my insticts felt I had this pot!

I re-raised 1500T

He raises me all-in and I gladly call to face a 10 9 don't recall if it was offsuit for a 7-J straight! my hand does not improve and everything else is all in slow montion after that!

seeing those trip 7's clouded my mind b/c I didn't see the straight coming!

oh well I felt I played a solid game until I got overly excited with the trips!

good part about it is that I made my money back playing the roulette afterwards!

lol

redemption at the tourney of Champions!
  • I just found this thread, I finnished 11th had a good day, one shy of the money
  • Dead Money wrote:
    I just found this thread, I finnished 11th had a good day, one shy of the money

Hey How's it going DM?

That was an excellent finish. I haven't signed up for the October tourney yet, but I will next week! I hope they still have seats available.

I'll probably see you at the Heron next wednesday....

Take care