(K/W) The Compound 2022 Event #5 - "$40 Short Deck 6-Max” - POSTPONED (see below)

edited July 2022 in Poker Games
Event #5 of the 2022 Season brings a returning format from our last regular season in 2019.. Short Deck poker. Burn the 2s through 5s cause WE DON'T NEED 'EM!!!

For fun, in addition to short decks, we're also going to have short tables, meaning that each table will be 6-max. Full rules will be posted in a response to this post
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

<3 SHORT DECK 6-MAX - 2022 - EVENT #4 <3
NLHE Short Deck Tournament
--POSTPONED--

$40 Buy-in - 20 Min blinds - 5,000 Chips + 2 lamers for 5k each (see below)

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
(Top 3 with less than 16 players)
Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 5 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players. (6 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 7 players left.

NEW: At the start of the tournament, you will be given 5,000 in chips and 2 lamers worth 5,000 each. At any point between hands you can cash in any or all of your lamers for 5,000 more chips each. All lamers must be cashed out at the end of the 250/500 Level.

Cash game chips will be available as tables open up. (Suggested .25/.50 $60 max)

All players must be at least double vaccinated.

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

POSTPONED
martinmc13

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Short Deck Poker

The game is played like standard NLHE with a couple exceptions..

1. The cards two through five are removed from the deck. This makes Flushes less likely than full houses.

2. Aces wrap around, so the lowest straight is A-6-7-8-9

3. For betting, each player posts the Small Blind, while the button posts the Big Blind with action starting to the left of the dealer

4. The Hand Ranks are as follows. Note that Flushes beat Full Houses

Royal Flush
    Straight Flush
    4 of a Kind
    Flush
    Full House

Straight
    3 of a Kind
    2 Pair
    1 Pair
    High Card

Blind Schedule

Level 1: 25/50
    Level 2: 50/100
    Level 3: 75/150
    Level 4: 100/200
    Level 5: 150/300
    Level 6: 200/400
    Level 7: 250/500 (Colour up 25 chips)
    Level 8: 300/600
    Level 9: 400/800
    Level 10: 500/1k
    Level 11: 700/1.4k (Colour up 100 chips)
    Level 12: 1k/2k
    Level 13 : 1.5k/3k (Colour up 500 chips)
    Level 14: 2k/4k
    Level 15: 3k/6k
    Level 16: 4k/8k
    Level 17: 5k/10k
    Level 18: 7k/14k
    Level 19: 10k/20k
  • I'm in... Yuliana and Mario also but tentatively

Mark
  • One seat, please.
  • In please.
  • In please
  • In please !
  • edited July 2022
    Sorry all! I'm going to have to postponed the tournament as my wife has tested positive for COVID earlier this week and is still testing positive. Everyone's fine (I'm still neg for now) and we even did a 30k bike ride on Saturday.

I'll re-post, once we're both in the clear and I have a new date. Cheers!
  • Curses!

But feel better you lovelies.

Mark
    karthikilan82
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Sorry all! I'm going to have to postponed the tournament as my wife has tested positive for COVID earlier this week and is still testing positive. Everyone's fine (I'm still neg for now) and we even did a 30k bike ride on Saturday.

I'll re-post, once we're both in the clear and I have a new date. Cheers!

Take care guys.
  • So COVID parties (think chicken-pox) aren't a thing. (jokes)
    Hopefully the vaccine kept or keeps whatever psychosomatic symptoms parable. (more yokes)

{I'll keep on typing yokes until someone give the the wtf look then rolls their eyes}
    [but I'm an austist? so I'm oblivious to most obvious social cues]