Poker in Ontario....No Poker Stars?

i dont know how to link stuff, but there is an article on2Plus2 discussion board about new perameters of online poker.in Ontario.....i read the thread and clicked on some links that were posted, but im still confused....some are saying that Poker Stars will withdraw from Ontario....if thats the case , how the heck do i pull money from my account

Comments

• Wow that sucks if that's true.
  • has anyone here been following the Ontario Poker thread at 2plus2.........i have $ there and im still confused about what will happen to my account once online gambling starts in early April here in ont
  • My understanding...

Any sites operating in Ontario will have to limit the player pool to Ontario residents only. Nobody living outside of the great Doug Ford kingdom will be allowed to play against one another.

I'm not sure if this means p* will be compliant with this and or enforce it to be recognized as a poker site we can access here. I'd assume if they do, monies and accounts will proceed as usual, but the tournaments, cash games etc will only be able to draw from a vastly reduced pool of players. This means the guarantee tournaments, any of the big tourneys and such are just not accessible to us anymore.

Thanks again Conservatives.

Mark
    marbanthisORthat
  • GG Poker got a license so I'd assume PokerStars will too. However, being limited to just Ontario residents is going to really lower the player pools and guarantees. Games might be softer though (if they still run that is).
    marbanFunkycold1
  • i like playing the 6 player sit and goes..........but sometimes they take quite awhile to fill up......with only Ontario players..it will take even longer...
    thisORthat
  • It was fun while the party lasted. I guess I'll have to find a new hobby.
    BlondeFish
  • Well Ontario poker is here and thanks to the conservative party PS kind of sucks now as the games are limited with very few running. I complaint and here is the response I got:
    Hello Jdr,

Thank you for contacting Internet Gaming, Customer Service.

Thank you for your feedback. At this time, pooled liquidity will not be allowed in the Ontario regulated market. Any games involving liquidity pools outside of Ontario are prohibited at this time.

Questions about this issue should be directed to the Ministry of the Attorney General at attorneygeneral@ontario.ca.

For further information, we encourage you to visit us at igamingontario.ca, online via the iAGCO online portal, or by telephone at 416-326-8283 or 1-833-554-4263.

Regards,

Internet Gaming, Customer Service
  • re: thanks to the conservative party

Yet another money grab. Not that having regulated industries is a bad thing but mainly more red tape (bureaucratic b$)...
  • Or travel to tournaments like I do. The fre* poker vacation at Pearl River Resort will be on September 8-19. A group of us will be playing at WSOP Aruba on September 22 - October 2, then WPT Taiwan on November 11-21.
    thisORthat wrote: »
    It was fun while the party lasted. I guess I'll have to find a new hobby.

• re: Yet another money grab...

Users on Reddit are reporting that OLG takes a % of winnings from tourny.
    So if 1st place for that $2 turbo pKO is $36 you end up with less than that put back to your account balance*.

*technically it aint real money until you cash-out
  • For example the $30 PLO 6max pKO that I'm considering to fire a mullet into.
    Says prize $4k Gauranteed yet 1st prize currently list as $3775.00 so Uncle Ford
    has his hand in skimming (rake?) on the game before the cards are even dealt?

8e39to25yfsx.png
  • edited July 2022
    thisORthat wrote: »
    For example the $30 PLO 6max pKO that I'm considering to fire a mullet into.
    Says prize $4k Gauranteed yet 1st prize currently list as $3775.00 so Uncle Ford
    has his hand in skimming (rake?) on the game before the cards are even dealt?

8e39to25yfsx.png

That is a PKO tournament. That means that there's a total of $4000 in the prize pool: $3775 for the regular payouts + $225 for the bounties = $4000. No rake has been taken (yet anyway).
    Toronto Pimp
  • Henry be henrying
    trigsthisORthat