Comments

• edited March 2022
    https://www.pokernews.com/news/2022/03/ggpoker-and-wsop-to-launch-online-poker-room-ontario-40904.htm

WSOP.CA will also provide “a range of launch promotions and bonuses,”

You’ll be seeing exclusive WSOP rewards and tournaments

while official details are yet to be finalized, a live WSOP Circuit event is slated to take place in Windsor, Ontario in either August or September with WSOP.CA feeding in players via the virtual felt
  • Did anyone else take their money out? . I just withdrew my bank roll from GGPoker today? lets see what the new software will do . It sounds like it will be the same GGPoker software just tuned for Ontario players only.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Did anyone else take their money out? . I just withdrew my bank roll from GGPoker today? lets see what the new software will do . It sounds like it will be the same GGPoker software just tuned for Ontario players only.

I don't have a lot of money on so I don't care. I am kind of interested in the satellites to the WSOP circuit event in Windsor though, so I figured I'd just leave my money on it and check those out once they start.
  • Yeah I had almost $500 on there so I can put money back if needed for the WSOP but the wsop.ca is not even up yet.. very bad communication on their part as to what is exactly happening
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Yeah I had almost $500 on there so I can put money back if needed for the WSOP but the wsop.ca is not even up yet.. very bad communication on their part as to what is exactly happening

Might not be there fault though. Might be government's issues. Also, circuit event isn't until August or September they said so still a decent amount of time away.
    MrCaspan
  • Just got this email:
    Originally scheduled for early April, the launch of WSOPca has been delayed due to unforeseen technical issues caused by a 3rd party software. The launch date has not yet been determined.

Ontario players can continue to play at GGPoker, including the WSOP Spring Circuit, up until WSOPca launches and accounts are migrated.
    MrCaspan
  • Nice, well my money is already out so ill just wait haha
  • im a tech imbecile.........so i cant follow instructions well.........but i cant get past the 1st page on the Ps verification site, because when i type in my mobile phone # it comes up invalid....ya right a # i ve had for a decade now..once again i think PS has screwed me out of my $
  • marban wrote: »
    im a tech imbecile.........so i cant follow instructions well.........but i cant get past the 1st page on the Ps verification site, because when i type in my mobile phone # it comes up invalid....ya right a # i ve had for a decade now..once again i think PS has screwed me out of my $

That's strange. Haven't tried logging in yet but will consider possibly playing in the series.
  • edited July 2022
    Decided to jump onto Stars and play around a bit. Now that it is purely Ontario residents only, the traffic is definitely low. However, there seems to be basically overlays in all the MTTs, but nothing huge. For example, there's the Big $5 running right now. $1K guarantee and only 34 people in it. Might be worth checking some of these out right now. Don't know how long they can guarantee thousands of dollars with less than 50 people signing up.
  • Fuck it. I take it back. Won't let me connect to a game because it's saying I'm not in Ontario. No VPN on or anything. Stupid.
  • so i sent PS an email asking about my invalid phone number....it responded to put a 1 beside the number...duh..now im on..trigs..did you get your problem solved yet?
    so i sent PS an email asking about my invalid phone number....it responded to put a 1 beside the number...duh..now im on..trigs..did you get your problem solved yet?

I think the problem is a wifi issue. At least that's what I've concluded after spending a couple hours trying everything I could think of. Eventually just gave up but probably will try again at some point.
  • Just an FYI, I played a $2. tourney last night, first time I have tried. First try said I am not in Ontario, logged off and back on and it let me register no issue. Not impressed with the few cash games going. No PLO even..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Just an FYI, I played a $2. tourney last night, first time I have tried. First try said I am not in Ontario, logged off and back on and it let me register no issue. Not impressed with the few cash games going. No PLO even..

Yeah, barely any cash games running but seems like most MTTs have overlays from what I saw.

Apparently a Windows 10 update removed my wifi option on my computer. Now I have to figure out how to reinstall it. I need wifi for Stars' geolocation to work. Was looking into reinstalling it but not sure how exactly.
  • Works on my phone at least.
  • just as i thought....i registered for sng....and i was first in.....waited like the shmuck i am, for 10 minutes and no one else registered...i cancelled my entry............dont know who to fault PS or the Ontario Govt
    just as i thought....i registered for sng....and i was first in.....waited like the shmuck i am, for 10 minutes and no one else registered...i cancelled my entry............dont know who to fault PS or the Ontario Govt

Yeah, I was looking at the sngs too. No one was playing them at all. No PLO cash games at all. Pretty sad.
  • Hey Trigs, no reason wifi would have anything to do with geolocation unless you are connecting to a cell hotspot. Whether you connect to your router via wifi or ethernet your external IP would be the same. If you want me to try and help, let me know.
  • edited July 2022
    compuease wrote: »
    Hey Trigs, no reason wifi would have anything to do with geolocation unless you are connecting to a cell hotspot. Whether you connect to your router via wifi or ethernet your external IP would be the same. If you want me to try and help, let me know.

That's what Stars said to me in an email. They said that's the only way they can get it to work at the moment but they are trying to add different ways. Didn't make sense to me either.
    We apologize for the difficulties you are facing.

To play with your account for real money, we are required as per regulations to verify you're physically located in Ontario.

The Geolocation check is based on the following tools:

- Wi-Fi validation, which is done using Wi-Fi hot-spots nearby your location.

- IP Address lookup

If you are within the Ontario provincial border but still restricted from using our services, there can be several reasons why you are incorrectly or unsuccessfully positioned. Here are the most frequent and the mitigation measures to consider:

1. There may be an issue with locating you via Wi-Fi using your laptop or desktop PC:

If your device is equipped with Wi-Fi, you need to ensure that the Wi-Fi signal/capability is enabled

- If you are using a Mac, our systems will automatically turn on your WiFi;

- The process for activation for Windows depends on the version you are using:

For Windows 7: go the Start Menu > type in the search “view network connections” and press enter from the keyboard > right click on your Wi-Fi adapter (usually called WiFi or Wireless Network Connection) and select enable. You may also need to turn on location services. In order to do so:

1. Open the Start menu.
    2. In the Search box, enter “sensor” (without quotes)
    3. In the Control Panel list, select "Enable location and other sensors"
    4. A list of installed sensors will be given.
    5. Enable or disable them as preferred by using the checkbox next to a sensor. An example is shown in the figure below.
    6. Click “Apply”

For Windows 8: from the Apps screen, swipe/scroll to the right and find the Windows System category > Control Panel > In the top right of the Control Panel open the View dropdown menu > select Category > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > select Change adapter settings from the left column > right click on your WiFi adapter (will be called something like WiFi or Wireless Network Connection) and select enable.

- If you are using a public Wi-Fi hotspot provided by some larger businesses, their internet connection source may be associated with a location outside of Ontario. To resolve this issue, you may need to try accessing the internet from another location/connection source.

- If your computer is not equipped with Wi-Fi, we might not be able to successfully locate you. We are working on alternative solutions; in the meantime, we suggest that you connect external Wireless adaptor or try with a different device which has it built in.

2. The IP address assigned by your Internet Service Provider may be associated with the USA or another province instead of Ontario:

- If you have a static IP address you cannot update your IP address on your own - please contact your Internet Service Provider to request this change.

- Most users will have a dynamic IP address that will automatically change periodically; however, you can also try unplugging your internet router for 5-10 seconds to reset the IP address. You may also want to try accessing the internet from another location/connection source.

3. Some Internet Service Providers such as AOL may reroute your internet connection to another location:

- Please contact your Internet Service Provider to seek assistance on correcting the location associated with your IP address. You may also want to try accessing the internet from another location/connection source.

4. You may be close to the Ontario provincial border:

- If you are less than half a mile from the border, you may be blocked from real and play money services and will need to move further away from the border and try again.

5. You have remote desktop software (such as LogMeIn or GoToMyPC) Proxy or VPN software (for example Witopia, OpenVPN or HMA) running on your computer:

In this case, you will need to quit these programs and ensure they are no longer running on your device. To check if these programs are still running and force these programs to quit on a PC, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access your computer's Task Manager.

If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to remove them from your computer completely.

- To do this on a Mac, use the Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder of your Applications and drag the program to the trash.

- To do this on a PC, go to the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall > and select/remove the program from the list.

6. You may not have installed the necessary plugin: GeoComply Player Location Check (PLC v. 3.1.1.3)

- The plugin is a small piece of software that verifies your precise location as required by Ontario regulations. You must have this plugin to log-in on the website. The plugin it's installed automatically when you access our website (if you allow it). More information on how we use this location is explained in our privacy policy.

7. Please considering buying a Wi-Fi dongle.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited July 2022
    Try this ip location tool and see what it says.
    https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Also do you have any vpn or remote access tools on your pc?
    Try this ip location tool and see what it says.
    https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Also do you have any vpn or remote access tools on your pc?

I'll try it out when I get a chance. I do have a vpn but it was off.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited July 2022
    Try temporarily uninstalling it. Their detection tool may be spotting that. I had to uninstall Teamviewer that I use for remote support. Quick and easy to re-install tho.

Definitely a pain what the Ont Govt has done to us. Glad I don't count on poker for income... Actually may save me money..
    trigs
    Try temporarily uninstalling it. Their detection tool may be spotting that. I had to uninstall Teamviewer that I use for remote support. Quick and easy to re-install tho.

Definitely a pain what the Ont Govt has done to us. Glad I don't count on poker for income... Actually may save me money..

Thanks for the offer to help comp but I just gave up lol. Works on my laptop so I'll just use that instead.