(K/W) The Compound 2022 Event #4 “NLHE Mystery Bounty” - Wed, June 22nd - 7pm

edited June 2022 in Poker Games
A popular format format in live tournament poker is going to be attempted on a much smaller scale. Will it work? Will it bomb?? There's only one way to find out!!!

Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

<3 MYSTERY BOUNTY - 2022 - EVENT #4 <3
NLHE Mystery Bounty Tournament
Wed, June 22nd - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$40 Buy-in - 20 Min blinds - 10,000 Chips

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
50% of Buy-in to Payouts, 50% of Buy-in to Mystery Bounties

Payouts (50%)
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
(1 Table - Top 2, 2 Tables - Top 3)

Mystery Bounties (50%)
(sample for 24 players - goal is to overpay ~25% of the field, $5 to everyone else )
$130
$100
$65
$40
$30
$25
$5 x 18

(sample for 16 players)
$120
$70
$40
$30
$5 x 12

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 5 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

When you bust out a player, you "Spin the Wheel" to see what bounty you get, and that prize is removed from the wheel. It could be anything from $0 up to $120 bucks! The last player standing would also get the final bounty left on the wheel.

Cash game chips will be available as tables open up. (Suggested .25/.50 $60 max)

All players must be at least double vaccinated.

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. Scuba
3. Mr Caspan
4. g2
5. Dumbfishy
6. DrTyore
7. Pizzle
8. karthikilan82
9. Moe C
10. Waltsfriend
11. King Mob
12. JayLitner
13. SeekTheGrail
14. Moose
15. Bastien
16. Beach2002

Comments

• Feedback I'm looking for, for the mystery bounties:
    - Should 1 bounty be noticeably larger than the rest? (In the expense of some of the medium prizes)
    - Should everyone get something, even if it's just $5 (this would mean that values in the top end would be less
    - Does this sound like some degenerate fun, or would you avoid the tournament because of it? (Just wait until we post the Flipament event! ;) )
    MrCaspandevilwidguitar
  • In Please
  • In please
  • I think this sounds like a great format Rob, makes it fun and different!
  • Looks like a fun format but next week doesnt work, goodluck :)
  • I'm in!

I like the bounties, and think keeping some at $0 will prevent people from really playing "for the bounty"... but still has that spiciness of a big one!!

So it's $20 to pot $20 to bounty it looks like, and the distribution there seems good to me.

Mark
    MrCaspan
  • Every bounty should be at least $5. Find some other things to add to mystery bounties like random chips, card cappers etc?
  • In! This looks like fun unless I spin and hit 0 more than once… though that will mean I’ve actually knocked people out so mixed feelings haha
    beach2002
  • Here's what it might look like if all bounties paid out something..

$120
    $100
    $80
    $40
    $30
    $20
    $5 x 18
    devilwidguitar
  • Sign me up please.
  • In please.

I’d consider adding more spin results than players and making the extras results zero to weight the bounty remainders in the winner’s favour. 24 players, 26 prizes for example.
  • King Mob wrote: »
    In please.

I’d consider adding more spin results than players and making the extras results zero to weight the bounty remainders in the winner’s favour. 24 players, 26 prizes for example.

Winner already gets two bounties,
    Zithal
  • I smugly presumed I knew misread the rules.
    Thought the knocked out player was spinning for "some degenerate fun." I played a charity tournament with that format last summer.
  • Add me to the list please
  • Hi Rob you can sign me up for this Wed at 7 pm. I think Moose is planning to sign up too so if you want to hold a spot that would be great. Cheers, Steve Wilson
    Zithal
  • Moose is a definite now. See you Wednesday!
  • Pre game Mortys while the Jays play their afternoon game?
  • In please :)
  • moose wrote: »
    Pre game Mortys while the Jays play their afternoon game?

We are at barley works at the Huether. Inside.

Spoiler alert Bichette grand slam.

Zithal
  • Last minute in please

if you said Barley Works I would have been there for sure. Mortys feather covered wings are a no go for me
  • I am heading to Barley Works now. I should be there by 5:45.
  • beach2002 wrote: »
    Last minute in please

if you said Barley Works I would have been there for sure. Mortys feather covered wings are a no go for me

They did say Barley Works. :)

This......
    moose wrote: »

We are at barley works at the Huether. Inside.

Spoiler alert Bichette grand slam.

But then this...
    beach2002
  • Sorry, something has come up and I can't make it
  • edited July 2022
    Finally caught up on standings and results. The Mystery bounty was a really fun event. The wheel added a fun new element to the game and our 7th place finisher, JayLitner ended up third in the money when he hit the top bounty of $110!

Getting a chance to spin the wheel was a major draw as we were at the final table before going on our first break.

RESULTS

1st - Dumbfishy ($175 - 150+5+5+5+5+5) - 39 points
    2nd - DrTyore ($160 - 90+65+5) - 27 points
    3rd - Scuba ($110 - 60+40+5+5) - 22 points
    4th - Zithal (BUBBLE +$5) - 19 points
    5th - SeekTheGrail ($5) - 17 points
    6th - MrCaspan - 16 points
    7th - JayLitner ($115 110+5) - 15 points
    8th - waltsfriend
    9th - beach2002
    10th - King Mob ($30)
    11th - Moose
    12th - Bastien
    13th - karthiklan
    14th - Moe C
    15th - Pizzle

2022 Player of the Year Race

With this finish, Scuba is now top dog with Dumbfishy close on his heels. Bristol Street regulars Zithal and DrTyore finally get their first points, as we close out our 5th event!

1svz4i2jfz5r.png

devilwidguitar
  • edited July 2022
    Love to see my name at 4th rank. I will be playing july 16, 23 tournament. Targeting more points to top the list 😎

Sanjay Kanojia
  • 2 Zithals? Say it ain't so...
  • Sweet! I have more points!!!