5. @g2
6. @martinmc13
7. @moose
8. moose311

Waitlist:
2. Jeff
MrCaspan

Comments

• Should I even know what these games are????
  • edited April 2022
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Should I even know what these games are????

Lazy Pineapple: You're dealt 3 hole cards. Regular flop, turn, river. You can use zero, one, or two hole cards to make the best 5 card hand. Plays like regular NLHE but with an extra card basically.

Big O is 5 card PLO8.

Double Board ImPLOcean: Regular PLO with two boards and two turn cards instead of one (i.e. 6 community cards on each board). Split pot game.

Scarney: 5 or 6 hole cards. Two boards dealt out. Top board is used to make the best possible HE hand. For bottom board, any cards that come out must be discarded from all players hole cards (ex. Ace comes on bottom board, everyone with an ace must discard it face up). Split pot game with half going to highest HE hand using top board and as many holes cards as you want, and second half of pot going to lowest tally of players hole cards (ex. my hole cards left are K 4 A, my tally is 15). Very fun game.

I'm not explaining PLO.

I know it's shocking but there are other poker variants than NLHE ;)
    MrCaspan
  • Last time I had NLHE in the mix, I think almost everyone complained about how boring that round was lol.
    MrCaspanniks1martinmc13
  • Can’t wait! For a girl that is very pre flop selective in HE, I LOVE these games. ;)
    trigsmartinmc13
  • but if I play these games then I be gambling. if I play NLH I'm not gambling!!!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    but if I play these games then I be gambling. if I play NLH I'm not gambling!!!

Lol.

The fun part about most of these games is no one really has the upper hand. Pretty sure none of us are at home studying Scarney strategy in our free time (like you could even find any strat info on some of these games even if you tried).

There's so much fun poker out there that you're missing out on!

I still blame moose's circus games. I was very intimidated when I started, but after jumping in there's no way I can go back to only NLHE all the time.
    MrCaspanmartinmc13Shtebs
  • MrCaspan wrote: »

No, just folding straight flushes...
    MrCaspan
  • edited April 2022
    MrCaspan wrote: »

No Gamble No Future....

I feel NLH is a great tournament game, if you play mixed cash games its certainly more entertaining. Equities pre-flop run so much closer in games such as Omaha there is more opportunities to play. I believe 100% playing mixed games improved my NLH game, I had to have a better feel for the players in the game.

Knowing your image at the table is very important, I know I'm considered the action fish cake in cash games, but I am aware when tight players show aggression, lots of times it's way easier too fight the next 10 hands when said player is not in the hand.

You have to give action to get action!

You agree @Bfillmaff @g2 @moose ?
    trigsmartinmc13Bfillmaff
  • woog30 wrote: »

I think that’s also the 3rd date rule. 🤪
    trigsmoosetorontotablecpt
  • Sign me up please
    trigs
  • edited April 2022
    @MrCaspan Being new to the games is part of the fun! And roger is right, you will pick up new skills that apply back to hold em... this will make up for any short term "gambling" you are worried about.

And then there's the pure entertainment value... that's the only EV that really matters and these games are awesome! (except Scarney... that shit is horrible!)
    woog30 wrote: »

100%
    trigsmartinmc13
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    (except Scarney... that shit is horrible!)

Wha....? So great! Lol
  • edited May 2022
    Reminder bump for this weekend.
    martinmc13niks1
  • Please put me on the wait list.
    trigs
  • There is a seat open. I have messaged the 3 players on the waitlist but due to the game starting very soon, I thought I'd also post here for anyone interested in joining us. Please let me know asap. Thanks.
  • I'll be there
    trigs
  • Thanks Jay.
  • So how did it go? How much did Nicole have to "loan" DJ?
  • compuease wrote: »
    So how did it go? How much did Nicole have to "loan" DJ?

Actually the opposite. DJ had to loan Niks $100. Niks playing with DJ's money is a lot more fun btw ;)

Was definitely a fun night. Would have been a bit better if I didn't stupidly give away a few hundred to g2 on the last hand of the night though :/
    Toronto Pimp
  • trigs wrote: »

Was definitely a fun night. Would have been a bit better if I didn't stupidly give away a few hundred to g2 on the last hand of the night though :/
    OW, damn that Rock g2.... Seems like he has won more than one of those huge "last hands of the night" hands...
  • kjaqemniosjk.jpg

Perfect runout in Scarney. Had AA28, so boat using AA8. And quite a good low already. Then the last card (the money was already in) preserves my boat with AA2 and I get to discard the 8 for a low of 4. And scoop a $760 pot :smiley:

trigscompueasemartinmc13