$325 Live Bounty Deepstake NLH Tourney

edited April 2022 in Poker Games
I am looking at setting up a larger live bounty tourney in May for $325 ($300 to prize pool, $25 for each bounty). I know the recent tournaments hosted by @moose and @kwmatt have been around the $100-125 range so wanted to make sure there was enough interest and it will likely be a much smaller player pool (guessing 2-3 tables). I would be looking at hosting this in Hamilton but depending on interest could change the venue to Kitchener. If everyone could let me know if they would be interested, I can play around with date and location but shooting for early to Mid May before the really nice weather comes.

Thanks
Craig
Buickman60

Comments

• edited April 2022
    I'd have played if it was 549.. :p
    TricityAAMrCaspankarthikilan82beach2002
  • I've received a few people telling me the original $550 was a tad too high so I've adjust to $325
    kwmatt
  • Hey Craig, I'd be interested, I think Kitchener would get you more people than hamilton atleast on this Forum but maybe not.
    TricityAAkwmattthisORthat
  • I would likely be interested. And I agree you would likely get a bunch more players in KW.
  • edited April 2022
    Just thinking out loud, don’t mind me; any chance to put more $$ on the bounty? Otherwise this feels like a last longer. I wanna see blood
  • Just thinking out loud, don’t mind me; any chance to put more $$ on the bounty? Otherwise this feels like a last longer. I wanna see blood

Agreed. $25 bounty for a $300 tournament is a waste. Just make it a $300 freeze out or $250+$50 bounty.
    torontotablecptEdtheTed
  • Hamilton is pretty central for most ppl. I’d play if it was in Hamilton, depending on date and time. Kitchener is too far for me.
    BlondeFishmartinmc13
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Hamilton is pretty central for most ppl. I’d play if it was in Hamilton, depending on date and time. Kitchener is too far for me.

Kitchener people don't leave Kitchener to play poker. Period.

(Okay, like two of them do.)
    Card Deadbeach2002martinmc13
  • Is this a go?
    thisORthat
  • I'm interested, depending on the date. I have other tournaments in May to play, but I like the idea of a higher buy in (if the blinds are a decent structure). It would also be nice if all players were vaccinated.
    thisORthatBuickman60
  • Sparks me interest as well as I've been saving to play 'live'.
    My schedule is flexible but not vaxxed (also no wheels beyond a triiicycle).

Also prefer if bounties worth taking jabbs at, but maybe make it 25% ($75) of entry fee?
    [not a deal breaker I'll go with consensus]
  • Poker players are notoriously non committal. Pick a date, a buy in and location and let them decide. Its unlikely to get traction when so much is up in the air.
    Having said that, I would be interested in either in Hamilton or Kitchener
    EdtheTedthisORthat
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Poker players are notoriously non committal...
    r

My understanding is that signing up for an event than backing out last minute is highly upsidedown smiled upon.
    Maybe even get a player 'blacklisted' from local home games - lol
    Buickman60