Brantford Poker Room

Just got word from a friend of mine who was at BCC today that a pitboss and dealers let him knkw theyre targetting next Tuesday to reopen the room. More details im sure to be released by Thursday.
trigsthisORthat

Comments

• This is great news!
    thisORthat
  • We can only hope i guess until a formal statement is made.
    MrCaspan
  • edited December 2021
    Brantford is opening December 20. Heard it from a dealer that got called by them.
    MrCaspantrigsmartinmc13TheCoordinator
  • any speculation that Tourneys will be back, or will it be just Cash games?
  • See you guys at the river December 20th
  • Is Brantford only holdem? Has it ever had omaha running before?
  • I was there when they tried to run O8 one weekend…. It did not go well. Every hand ended in a 5 minute argument about what low hand won.

I’ve never seen PLO, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen an interest list.
    trigs
  • Any changes to the rake structure?

Mark
  • martinmc13 wrote: »
    I was there when they tried to run O8 one weekend…. It did not go well. Every hand ended in a 5 minute argument about what low hand won.

Do you happen to remember the stakes for the PLO interest list just out if curiosity?
  • trigs wrote: »
    martinmc13 wrote: »
    I was there when they tried to run O8 one weekend…. It did not go well. Every hand ended in a 5 minute argument about what low hand won.

Do you happen to remember the stakes for the PLO interest list just out if curiosity?

No idea.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Any changes to the rake structure?

Mark

No formal annoucements about anything yet. Just dealers hearsay about open, but i wouldnt be surprised if they mirror rama level rake.
  • Think there’ll be much of a wait list? 🤔
  • edited December 2021
    Just got another nugget today from 1 of the pit bosses through a friend of mine currently there, they are only opening 8 tables.

Also said the impression dealers have is rake will mirror rama @ $10 but nothing formal yet
  • Oof...

I'd love to go, but the $10 rake is brutal (some might say unbeatable, but only if they understand math). I also cancelled my own game due to COVID considerations so at the very least I'm not going to do this before seeing my family and friends over the holidays.

Mark
  • Rama is $15, so if $10, Brantford is a "deal".
    But I agree Mark - not sure that I will go with case counts so high
  • I wouldn’t care about the rake so much, but the Omicron situation is definitely going to keep me away now. 😒
    Hobbesniks1thisORthat
  • It’s good to be back. nia9rh5omxsd.jpeg
    trigsToronto PimpthisORthat
  • martinmc13 wrote: »
    It’s good to be back. nia9rh5omxsd.jpeg

I saw 2 tables running at 10am. What is the rake?
  • I'm also curious about rake.
    thisORthat
  • The rake is 10% to a max of $15. 🤮
  • Good first day back.

Low limit games might be dying if the rake stays. rcbof1didnfj.jpg
  • One thing I found interesting, card room rule, if your nose and chin are not covered they will remove you from the game.

We had 1 player who had his mask keep falling off his nose and pit boss warned gave us the lecture.
    thisORthat
  • Low limit games might be dying if the rake stays

<insert more rake is better meme>

sahjg6ir4ho4.png