DJ's weekend at the Playground

Nicole and I ventured to The Playground last Thursday and stayed until Sunday at a nice Airbnb less than 15 minutes from Poker Nirvana. Where the food and drinks are free, the service is unmatched and the rake is less than Rama.

I started with 2-5 NL with a $500 buy-in for Thursday night and did pretty well to be up over $500 -

Friday came and I had to work remotely from the Airbnb for most of the day, so we didn't get to the Club until 5pm or so. Had dinner, some drinks and stay waaay too late (early), considering we both worked for most of the day. I gave back all that I had won and then some.

I'd like to say that it was just bad luck or that I'd run into coolers, but the truth is I played horribly. Calling when I knew I was beat. Trying to bluff calling stations. Playing too many hands.

After sleeping in on Saturday, I decided to play 2-2 PLO ($500 Max) - My very first hand, from the hi-jack was Ac Jc Kh 9s - there is an early position raise to $10 - 5 callers including myself -

Flop comes Kc Qh Tc - initial raiser leads out for $25, I call and BB calls
Turn is an 8h - Raiser bets $50, I call and BB folds

River is 3c - I have nut flush - He leads out again for $100 - I pot it to go all in and he calls me. - $1000 pot to start my 2-2 PLO session !

I went on the biggest heater I have ever been on after that. I couldn't miss, always showing the nuts and always getting called. It was unreal. I cashed out that night for $2300.

We decided to get up early Sunday to get breakfast at the Playground and I played 2-2 PLO again and picked up where I left off the night before. Cashing out for $1900 after only playing 4 hours.

The best hand from Sunday was when I picked up Ac Ah 2c 5h in the big blind - There was a $5 straddle on, so after the callers, I potted it to $35, three callers then the button shoves for $78, opening the betting again. I re-pot for $320 and get two callers, who have less than $320 (one had $175 and the other had $210)

After some discussion, we all agreed to run it twice

Flop one was Jc - Th - 2c - 7d - 3c and I have the flush for the first board
Flop two was As - Kh - Td - 6s - 4h - the guy with only $78 had QJ to take some of the pot but my trip aces took the rest of the money.

For those of you who play PLO regularly, you NEED to get to the Playground, you will never want to leave.
Toronto PimpTheCoordinatortrigsMrCaspanCard Deadmartinmc13woog30compueaseBuzzzardd

Comments

• Now I know you don't like to brag and try to downplay your victories, so really, how much did Nicole win?
  • moose wrote: »
    Now I know you don't like to brag and try to downplay your victories, so really, how much did Nicole win?

I will let Nicole post about her experience.
    trigs
  • Nice run, Luckbox!

Good thing I bought 10% of your action.

🤪
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    moose wrote: »
    Now I know you don't like to brag and try to downplay your victories, so really, how much did Nicole win?

djgolfcan wrote: »
    moose wrote: »

I don’t want to discuss it. LOL