Bechtel Poker 4 - December 18, 2021

edited December 2021 in Poker Games
Bechtel Doon South Main Event #4

- capping at 25 players
- players must be 2x vaccinated and passed their two week incubation period
- those people show me some sort of proof of this (the papers from your shots) or have already been vetted (eg. Attended previously)
- players I have met and or have someone vouch for them from the community are welcome. New players we will consider for some future games (sorry, but I'm new to hosting and we are kind of doing some test tourneys).

GAME DETAILS:
Freeze out tournament, cash game to follow. BYOB / BYOS. Please drink responsibly. Ample parking near venue, address provided in personal messages as needed.

BUY IN:
Tournament: $50 buy in freeze out
CASH GAME: . 25/.50 CENT ($50 MAX) (as an option, another SNG or alt cash games could dictate buyin)
Date: Saturday December 18, cards in the air 7 pm. Doors open 6:30 pm.
Location: Bechtel Drive (Doon South area of Kitchener). Address shared with confirmed attendees.
Masks / PPE will not be required but no "mask shaming" will be tolerated for those who prefer to wear such. Hand sanitizer will be around and accessible. The gaming area is a sizeable basement with areas to eat away from the table, side tables for drinks available.

Players:

CANCELLED...

Wait List

Mark
djalikool

Comments

• Yes please!
    -Ali
  • In please.
  • DJ and I are a maybe. Will confirm by early next week. We may go to Montreal that weekend.
  • In please!
  • In please.
  • Still in. 😁
  • In please. Steve P would take a seat as well
  • In please. I hope @woog30 signs up as well. I don’t want to be the weakest player at the game.
    woog30EdtheTedthisORthat
  • In please
  • DJ and I are confirmed
  • In please
  • Moose mmoose
  • moose wrote: »
    Moose mmoose

Just so you know.... I do not plan to have upgraded my chips by this game....

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    moose wrote: »
    Moose mmoose

Mark

We all have our faults
  • Sorry my brother and his troop are now coming down on the 18th for a Christmas get together, so I have to cancel.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Moose mmoose

Mark
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Moose mmoose

Mark

Stay strong Mark. Don’t cave to peer pressure.

Chips are one of the least important elements of the game anyways. 🥄
  • Sign me up please.
  • edited December 2021
    Card Dead wrote: »
    Moose mmoose

Mark
    Moose mmoose

Mark

Stay strong Mark. Don’t cave to peer pressure.

Chips are one of the least important elements of the game anyways. 🥄

Yeah, I mean what's the point of keeping track of who is winning anyway? Let's just use pen and paper.
  • Mark, I am sorry to say that I am going to have to back out of this game. After the Covid updates on Friday, we just cancelled the plans we had to celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday on December 27th. However, I do plan to spend Christmas and her birthday with her and I can't in all good conscience do that and attend a poker game a week before. Just when things were starting to feel a bit normal again :(
  • I will have to cancel next week. Too much going on. See everyone in the new year!
  • edited December 2021
    Hey all

Having a slight moral dilemma here... As much as i'd love to have you all over and take your money, I feel that given the provincial government's suggestions around COVID prevention protocols, I am likely going to have to cancel this game. My mom is 70+, and my nephew recently was exposed to the omicron variant.

I will post a game VERY early in January (think like, the 8th). and blame the non-vaxxers...

I wish you all a happy holiday.

Mark

EdtheTedAddictedGogie
  • Thank you Mark for sharing and being honest and up front with your nephews diagnosis. Hope he will be well soon.. Merry Christmas to you and your family and ALL our poker friends!! C U in the new year.
    beach2002
  • Better safe than sorry. See you in the New Year.
  • edited December 2021
    Why cause a divide between people who choose to vaccinate and those who don’t?

Don’t blame the non-vaxxers. @DrTyore

Crazy how last Christmas no one was vaxxed and we were locked down. Now 87% of us are and we’re still locked down?

Outside LTCH and retirement homes there are only 900 deaths “from” Covid IN ONTARIO. What a pandemic.

Conclusion, jabs don’t work.

Start asking some new questions.

Blame the government.

All the best to everyone over the holidays. Merry Christmas!
    Buickman60
  • Why cause a divide between people who choose to vaccinate and those who don’t?

Don’t blame the non-vaxxers. @DrTyore

Crazy how last Christmas no one was vaxxed and we were locked down. Now 87% of us are and we’re still locked down?

Outside LTCH and retirement homes there are only 900 deaths “from” Covid IN ONTARIO. What a pandemic.

Conclusion, jabs don’t work.

Start asking some new questions.

Blame the government.

All the best to everyone over the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Nah.

Mark
    Buzzzardd