Cell phone question for you technically savvy folks

I just switched from android to and apple iphone. I have a couple of old contacts that are not able to text me. I have their numbers in my contacts but texts will not come to the phone.

So…… I turn on the old Android phone that does NOT have a SIM card in it and I get a text from one of the above mentioned contacts on the android phone that has no SIM card. WTF ?

Does this make any sense?

I have not been drinking and have not ingested any narcotics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited July 2021
    So Apple and Android use different SMS systems for sending over Wifi. Normally I deal with the opposite issue because of iMessage.

What message system did you use on your old Android phone. Was it Android messenger? (Blue Icon with three lines of text) or was it something like Whatsapp that has the ability on Android to read your text messages?
  • The icon is the blue icon with three lines. I never used WhatsApp or any other text message app. Just the one that came with the phone.
  • Yeah so that's Android messenger. I would go to your old phone and open Android messenger and disable advance messaging.

Go to the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Features > Enable chat features turn that option off so that its no longer using the advanced features. See if that works as that disables using wifi for SMS
  • Ok, tried that…. Just waiting for my buddy to try and text me..

That feature was enabled so hopefully it works .
  • Steve, you need a raise.

Whatever Comp is paying you is not enough.

Thank you. Problem has been solved.
  • well give it some more time just to make sure but im glad its seems to be working