Bechtel Poker - Cancelled

edited July 2021 in Poker Games
Hey all
So I'm posting this to gauge interest. Some people apparently want to spend their first weekend back seeing family or something? Anyways... This game will happen ONLY if these things happen.
- we get enough interest to play (4-8 other people sign up).
- those people are 2x vaccinated and passed their two week incubation period
- those people show me some sort of proof of this (the papers from your shots)
- Ontario, and the kw region enters step 3 as planned on Friday July 16. (confirmed!!)

GAME DETAILS:
To start I am hosting a single table game (6-10 players). Freeze out sit and go, cash game / more SNG to follow as people prefer. BYOB / BYOS. Please drink responsibly.

BUY IN:
SNG: $20
CASH GAME: . 25/.50 CENT ($50 MAX) (as an option, another SNG or alt cash games could dictate buyin)
Date: Saturday July 24, cards in the air 1 pm. Doors open 12:30 pm.
Location: Bechtel Drive (Doon South area of Kitchener). Address shared with confirmed attendees.
Masks / PPE will not be required but no "mask shaming" will be tolerated for those who prefer to wear such. Hand sanitizer will be around and accessible. The gaming area is a sizeable basement with areas to eat away from the table, side tables for drinks available. Plenty of entertainment options if you bust out early!
Players:
1. Drtyore
2. Clock work girl
3. Sterizzy*
4. TBD
5. TBD
6. Tbd
7. Tbd
8. Tbd
9. Tbd
10. Tbd
11. Tbd
12.Tbd
13.Tbd
14.Tbd
15.Tbd
16.Tbd
17.Tbd
18.Tbd
19.Tbd
20.Tbd
Mark

beach2002Buzzzardd

Comments

• God damn-it that's the week I'm at the cottage, we leave Saturday morning!!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    God damn-it that's the week I'm at the cottage, we leave Saturday morning!!

The only reasonable solution is to leave Sunday lol
  • Fuck it, just to be safe the cottage just got canceled!!
  • Read the rules, if I don’t have the vaccine, but will wear a mask the whole time is that allowed. Please please please I don’t want to turn this into a thread about covid.
  • Sorry. Double vaccinated people only. I've stated that in another thread as a prerequisite for games I'll host - https://pokerforum.ca/discussion/35199/poker-in-a-post-vaccine-world
    Mark
    Buzzzardd
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited July 2021
    Read the rules, if I don’t have the vaccine, but will wear a mask the whole time is that allowed. Please please please I don’t want to turn this into a thread about covid.

You are going to have to get used to it Dave, if you choose not to get vaccinated you are going to be restricted in activities lot's of places, at least for the foreseable future... Especially for any indoor activity. The biggest issue is the large percentage of people not getting vaccinated, allowing Covid to still transmit and develop variants.. If we could get the world to a high percentage of coverage, whatever that is, then it would likely die out and we could really go back to normal... I fear this is not the last and likely not the worst pandemic we will face in the future..
    Buzzzarddbeach2002EdtheTed
  • I think whoever is hosting the game can set any rules they feel comfortable with.

FUCK TRIGS …… For thinking that the tomato bread was actually pizza.

B)
    compueaseBuzzzarddMrCaspanwoog30trigsEdtheTed
  • I think whoever is hosting the game can set any rules they feel comfortable with.
    B)
    This is obviously the case (once we enter the appropriate stage of reopening). In my case, I've been pretty clear that it'll require proof of 2x shots. I'm likely going to be okay going to other people's games without this requirements, as I'm more a risk to others than they are to me, but that situation hasn't come up yet.
    Mark
    Toronto Pimp

FUCK TRIGS …… For thinking that the tomato bread was actually pizza.

B)

Absolutely, your house your rules. Thanks for your 5 cents too comp.
  • edited July 2021
    compuease wrote: »
    Read the rules, if I don’t have the vaccine, but will wear a mask the whole time is that allowed. Please please please I don’t want to turn this into a thread about covid.

You are going to have to get used to it Dave, if you choose not to get vaccinated you are going to be restricted in activities lot's of places, at least for the foreseable future... Especially for any indoor activity. The biggest issue is the large percentage of people not getting vaccinated, allowing Covid to still transmit and develop variants.. If we could get the world to a high percentage of coverage, whatever that is, then it would likely die out and we could really go back to normal... I fear this is not the last and likely not the worst pandemic we will face in the future..

Again, I don’t want to derail this thread but being vaccinated doesn’t mean you won’t get it or alternatively pass it on. It just reduces the symptoms, which IMO is worse. Also, it’s scary to think that none of the vaccine producing companies have any liability if things go badly.
    compueasethisORthat
  • compuease wrote: »

Again, I don’t want to derail this thread but being vaccinated doesn’t mean you won’t get it or alternatively pass it on. It just reduces the symptoms, which IMO is worse. Also, it’s scary to think that none of the vaccine producing companies have any liability if things go badly.

And add to that today’s news from the W.H.O.

The World Health Organization's Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan said on Monday that she advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers.

Sorry for jacking the thread too.
  • Quick update!! One of the criteria for this game has been met!

Kitchener has confirmed that they will move to step 3 on Friday. Now we just need players!
    Mark
  • edited July 2021
    Count me in please!
  • With a 6th player this game is a go! Let's fill a table folks!

Mark
  • I think I need to move to tentative. Sorry.
  • I think I need to move to tentative. Sorry.

Unacceptable!
    There's another potential player being signed up too... not on the forum, but all other requirements met. I still strongly prefer you attend! :)

Also, for those not sure / sitting on the fence, I'll likely put out an invite for cash game players as well, and will post when we have a better idea of when that may start on Saturday. Same requirements re: vaccines will obviously apply.

Mark
  • Hmm.. Tentatively back off then... I'll update and make a final call Friday night. If you're going to sign up the sooner the better but I'll make the decision then and if it doesn't go, we will consider one in the near future.

Mark
  • edited July 2021

The World Health Organization's Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan said on Monday that she advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers.

Just as a quick re-jack...
    https://msn.com/en-ca/video/news/who-clarifies-warning-on-mixing-and-matching-vaccines/vi-AAM9zGd
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/news/who-clarifies-warning-on-mixing-and-matching-vaccines/vi-AAM9zGd
    When we discuss communicaiton in the groups I run for work, I generally introduce it as "Something that everyone does every day, and most people really suck at". I'm not saying that you mislead anyone or even misunderstood... It was poor communicaiton (on the doctor's part). When I read it I understood it to be her cautioning about the potential for discrimination around vaccines, not the efficacy / safety of them. This video further clarifies this.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »

Just as a quick re-jack...
    https://msn.com/en-ca/video/news/who-clarifies-warning-on-mixing-and-matching-vaccines/vi-AAM9zGd
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/news/who-clarifies-warning-on-mixing-and-matching-vaccines/vi-AAM9zGd
    When we discuss communicaiton in the groups I run for work, I generally introduce it as "Something that everyone does every day, and most people really suck at". I'm not saying that you mislead anyone or even misunderstood... It was poor communicaiton (on the doctor's part). When I read it I understood it to be her cautioning about the potential for discrimination around vaccines, not the efficacy / safety of them. This video further clarifies this.

Mark

I agree with you.
  • Yeah, doctor's comments just taken out of context. What else is new?
    thisORthat
  • trigs wrote: »
    Yeah, doctor's comments just taken out of context. What else is new?

An apple a day keeps the gonorrhea away?
  • edited July 2021
    Well, failure to launch I suppose
    So after a few miscalculations and such, we're not likely to get the 6 players we need for tomorrow. As such, I've rescheduled this for next Saturday, and expanded it to up to 2 tables. Hopefully we'll get a few more sign ups, and again, I'll run with 6 or more.
    Mark
  • edited July 2021
    thisORthat wrote: »
    trigs wrote: »
    Yeah, doctor's comments just taken out of context. What else is new?

An apple a day keeps the gonorrhea away?

I would get 10 shots of the vaccine if I could play live with Henry.
    compueaseToronto Pimp
  • I'm leaving the cottage at 2pm on Saturday so maybe i can make it later in the day. Ill give you a call when I am closer to home to see if you still have a game going DrT
    DrTyore
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I'm leaving the cottage at 2pm on Saturday so maybe i can make it later in the day. Ill give you a call when I am closer to home to see if you still have a game going DrT
    Are you a doctor? He moved it already silly. And I mean that in a nice,non-sarcastic tone, as tone can get lost via text.
  • I'm not following, his game was tomorrow night but we were leaving for the cottage Saturday morning, now it just got moved to next Saturday and I still can't go because we're leaving the cottage that day and won't be home till later.
  • My mistake. I thought you were able to make it for tomorrow. I’ll mind my own business from now on. Sorry
  • No worries I was just confused
    compuease