Setting an aggressive goal for this year

By the end of the year I will do a 100km bike ride in under 5 hours.

Got the bike tuned up today and only my very delicate buttocks will stop me from achieving this goal.

trigs

Comments

• MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited May 2021
    Great goal Mike, not sure I could so that on my ebike lol
  • I bought a new bike but due to the delays I'm not going to be getting it until after the summer :( so I'm stuck with my shitty Raleigh for now. I'm pretty sure it would fall apart if I rode 100km straight on it lol.
    I decided to splurge and get the Trek Dual Sport 3. I'm so excited to ride it, but most likely won't be until next year.
    k9zbr84uecut.png
    woog30Toronto PimpBfillmaff
  • trigs wrote: »
    I bought a new bike but due to the delays I'm not going to be getting it until after the summer :( so I'm stuck with my shitty Raleigh for now. I'm pretty sure it would fall apart if I rode 100km straight on it lol.
    I decided to splurge and get the Trek Dual Sport 3. I'm so excited to ride it, but most likely won't be until next year.
    k9zbr84uecut.png

That is a sharp looking bike Trigs.
    trigs
  • How's the biking going @Toronto Pimp? Have you been keeping track and trying to up the distance regularly? Where's our weekly distance updates? ;)

I've actually got the gf into biking and we've been trying to get out at least twice a day now which is great. However, my piece of shit bike has been driving me crazy and the last straw was when my rear derailleur broke the other day. Since I am still waiting for my bike I preordered (it won't be available until November at the earliest), I decided to search around for any in stock bikes in any stores in the area. I came across this one and was like "Fuck it. I'm buying it." It's more than I was looking to spend, but if I wanted a nice bike right now, I didn't have many options. So, I'll be cancelling the order for the one I posted above and instead I'll be riding this gorgeous thing:

nypmph69wa7t.png
    compueasethisORthatBfillmaff
  • trigs wrote: »
    How's the biking going @Toronto Pimp? Have you been keeping track and trying to up the distance regularly? Where's our weekly distance updates? ;)

I've actually got the gf into biking and we've been trying to get out at least twice a day now which is great. However, my piece of shit bike has been driving me crazy and the last straw was when my rear derailleur broke the other day. Since I am still waiting for my bike I preordered (it won't be available until November at the earliest), I decided to search around for any in stock bikes in any stores in the area. I came across this one and was like "Fuck it. I'm buying it." It's more than I was looking to spend, but if I wanted a nice bike right now, I didn't have many options. So, I'll be cancelling the order for the one I posted above and instead I'll be riding this gorgeous thing:

nypmph69wa7t.png

Hey Trigs, riding has been good. My very very delicate bum is the only thing holding me back. I am doing 2 decent rides per week each at between 35 and 40kms. My ass hurts for 2 or 3 days after each ride. I keep increasing the distance every 2 weeks by 5kms.

To was a hiking day, did 10kms in Boyd conservation park and the tracker said we did the equivalent of 35 floors of climbing. I’m always doing something active and that is the only thing keeping me sane. The hill in this pic doesn’t look like much but it was a calf killer.

I just have to keep putting the time in on the bike, if I wasn’t such a baby I would try to do 3 rides a week. Slowly but surely 😜

I have gone from a size 54 pants down to a 36 and from a 3xl at a fat guy store to a large in a regular store. I feel great and can’t wait to kick all your asses on the poker tables….. I should have much more energy now to shit talk better.

b3unsu65eb0m.jpeg
    1amcku8xemq4.jpeg

trigscompueasewoog30BfillmaffBuzzzarddfolded