House Explosion!

A house in my neighborhood exploded last night around 10:30pm. My gf and I were up watching a horror movie and suddenly there was a boom and the whole house shook. My first thought was something big in the house must have fallen, maybe like an entire bookshelf or something, so we looked around and couldn't find anything. Then I thought maybe something had hit the outside of the house like a giant tree branch, so I was about to go outside and check when I noticed two of my neighbors outside with flashlights looking at their own houses. That's when I knew some crazy must have happened because the whole neighborhood had heard it. Decided to go for a walk and check it out. The house was completely leveled, but no flames, fire, smoke at all, so figured it must have been a gas leak explosion. So scary. Apparently, no one was home and no one was hurt somehow.
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/fire-marshal-investigating-after-home-explosion-in-hamilton-1.5391402

Comments

• wow that's nuts man. glad you are safe!
    trigs
  • So like how far away from the house were you? Would have been cool if in the movie it synced up with an explosion!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    So like how far away from the house were you? Would have been cool if in the movie it synced up with an explosion!

Less than 5 minutes walk away. Yeah, the horror movie did not help lol.
    MrCaspan
  • Dammmmmm. That’s some scary stuff. Glad y’all are ok.
    trigs
  • Knowing your area I was waiting for you to say it was a grow op ;)
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Knowing your area I was waiting for you to say it was a grow op ;)

My first thoughts as well.
  • Would have been cool if we were there on a game night... Check out your gas fittings trigs...
    trigs