Did ya or will ya get the vaccine ?

Got mine today and was in and out in 25 mins. They broke a few needles trying to get into this man meat.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Zero pain, no side effects thus far.

gyaf5vd5atfy.jpeg
trigsMrCaspanGogieCard Dead

Comments

• Fuck Pimp! Looking good man lol.
    I'm hopefully getting mine by May I believe for being a teacher, but who knows when really.
  • Thanks Trigs.

I think you may be able to get it sooner. If they make your area a “high risk” zone you may get it in a couple weeks. Fingers crossed because you teachers really should be eligible .
    trigs
  • Will be 100% as soon as I can!

Just have to wait so long being the physically fit specimen that I am....

Mark
    Toronto Pimp
  • Got mine last Sunday and my better half goes this coming Wednesday (she's a couple of years younger so was on the "wrong" side of 65 to get it last week). It was an easy and very streamlined process - very well run. Looking forward to when everyone gets it so we can socialize a bit. I kind of miss people, my grandkids most of all. It'll be nice to hug them again.
    Toronto Pimp
  • I am booked in for April 21st - can't wait!
    Toronto Pimp
  • I will be getting the vaccine asap. No side chest shot for me though. :o
  • edited April 2021
    Booked for noon tomorrow. I've never looked forward to getting a shot this much before lol.
    For those looking to try and get a vaccine, I was putting my name on multiple waiting lists at pharmacies in my area and have not heard anything back yet. However, I walked into a Walmart yesterday and went up to the pharmacy and just asked if they had any openings, and I got one for Tuesday. This was after trying to sign up online at Walmarts in the area and nothing coming up. So, you might want to try and walk in and get a spot - it worked for me.
    Toronto PimpDrTyore
  • Got my first shot on March 14th in Toronto. Sometimes it pays to be old.
    Toronto PimpDrTyore
  • trigs wrote: »
    Booked for noon tomorrow. I've never looked forward to getting a shot this much before lol.
    For those looking to try and get a vaccine, I was putting my name on multiple waiting lists at pharmacies in my area and have not heard anything back yet. However, I walked into a Walmart yesterday and went up to the pharmacy and just asked if they had any openings, and I got one for Tuesday. This was after trying to sign up online at Walmarts in the area and nothing coming up. So, you might want to try and walk in and get a spot - it worked for me.

Very good advice Trigs. Good luck tomorrow.
    trigs
  • Got word today that a Shoppers near my house was taking walkins...happily waited in line for shot #1. Stay safe folks.
    MrCaspantrigsToronto PimpDrTyorewoog30
  • One shot down. One more to go which is scheduled for end of July. Care's 2nd shot is 1st week of August. First home game tentatively scheduled for 2nd Saturday in August perhaps? :D
    woog30Toronto PimpDrTyore
  • edited April 2021
    We got our first ones a few weeks back. Lori has 2nd already, I'm scheduled for July 24th. Let's Go
    trigsToronto PimpDrTyore
  • edited April 2021
    Good news on the vaccine front today for all you youngsters. If you're 30+ you can book a vaccine appointment as of May 17th and all adults (18+) will be able to book as of May 24th.
    Toronto Pimp
  • First shot two days ago!
    MrCaspanGogieToronto Pimp
  • This thread should be the most popular thread on the forum! 1st vaccine into the arm! Let's get them done people!

Mark
    trigsBuzzzardd
  • Have decided against it so far. Will probably wait awhile longer here In Brazil. I live in a closed campus. We have had people in the city actually die after having the shots. The only thing that may speed up the decision as if I decide to come home at Christmas. Otherwise I am waiting until 2022.
    Prophet22
    Buzzzardd
  • edited May 2021
    Have decided against it so far. Will probably wait awhile longer here In Brazil. I live in a closed campus. We have had people in the city actually die after having the shots. The only thing that may speed up the decision as if I decide to come home at Christmas. Otherwise I am waiting until 2022.
    Prophet22
    How many people have actually died as a direct result of having a shot? Were the deaths related to a specific vaccine? How many people in Brazil have died because they weren't vaccinated and contracted Covid? Perhaps getting some reliable data would change your views.

Here's some numbers to consider for Brazil:
    Population of Brazil - 213,908,943
    Coronavirus cases - 15,815,191 (7.4% of total population)
    Coronavirus deaths - 441,864 (2.8% of total cases; 0.2% of total population)

I can't find information on adverse effects from COVID-19 vaccinations in Brazil but looking at the US numbers, deaths resulting from vaccination MAY be as much as 0.0017% in the US (17 people per 1,000,000 vaccinations):

Over 273 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 17, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,647 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
    SOURCE: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Being a poker player you obviously understand odds. Don't you think the odds are in your favour to get vaccinated sooner rather than later? Just sayin.
    trigsToronto PimpBuzzzardd
  • Not trying to be funny. I am not afraid of covid. Like I said, I live in a closed campus and follow the rules. My biggest concern is a heart attack. I had a scare in March I ballooned up to 450 lbs (My heaviest ever) this past year and ended up being was off work for 8 weeks during which time I lost 88 lbs. I have changed some eating habits and walking for exercise. I will probably get the vaccine if I visit Canada at Christmas but for now I have other things that are a bigger concern to me.

Prophet22
  • edited May 2021
    You have at least two conditions that put you at very high risk of extreme adverse reaction to COVID-19:

Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies or hypertension)
    Having heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, and possibly high blood pressure (hypertension) can make you more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19.

Overweight and obesity
    Overweight (defined as a body mass index (BMI) > 25 kg/m2 but < 30 kg/m2), obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2 but < 40 kg/m2), or severe obesity (BMI of ≥40 kg/m2), can make you more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19. The risk of severe COVID-19 illness increases sharply with elevated BMI.

Talk to your doctor and get his advice before deciding vaccination isn't for you. In the meantime you can read all about elevated risks here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html
    BuzzzarddToronto Pimp
  • edited May 2021
    Deleted - wrong thread
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Deleted - wrong thread

Senior moment.
  • edited May 2021
    Gogie wrote: »
    Deleted - wrong thread

Senior moment.

Yep. At least it wasn't a "super senior" moment, like others on here sometimes suffer.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    5gs8ii869zwm.jpg

Is nobody else here seriously disturbed by this photo ? o:)
    trigsMrCaspan
  • Gogie wrote: »
    You have at least two conditions that put you at very high risk of extreme adverse reaction to COVID-19:

Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies or hypertension)
    Having heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, and possibly high blood pressure (hypertension) can make you more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19.

Overweight and obesity
    Overweight (defined as a body mass index (BMI) > 25 kg/m2 but < 30 kg/m2), obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2 but < 40 kg/m2), or severe obesity (BMI of ≥40 kg/m2), can make you more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19. The risk of severe COVID-19 illness increases sharply with elevated BMI.

Talk to your doctor and get his advice before deciding vaccination isn't for you. In the meantime you can read all about elevated risks here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

He did not recommend the vaccine when I saw him May 12th. I will see what he says in July when I see him again. His only recommendation is to try and lose another 20 kg before I see him again.
  • He did not recommend the vaccine when I saw him May 12th.
    I would be looking for another doctor, he is obviously in the tiny minority...
  • Got mine today and was in and out in 25 mins. They broke a few needles trying to get into this man meat.

gyaf5vd5atfy.jpeg

buddy... look amazing.. you lost 100 lbs I gained 25... lol
  • folded wrote: »
    Got mine today and was in and out in 25 mins. They broke a few needles trying to get into this man meat.

gyaf5vd5atfy.jpeg

buddy... look amazing.. you lost 100 lbs I gained 25... lol

140 pounds actually. 🤪

Miss you ! Hope you and yours are healthy ......
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited May 2021
    140 pounds actually. 🤪

Miss you ! Hope you and yours are healthy ......
    That is amazing, your Vegas BJ girl will not recognize you....

I was a witness too...

I miss that place.
  • Dammm, she was good looking.