Not one to add to conspiracies.. but..

I did talk with support about this, and they said there's nothing suspicious here...
TLDR: Checked a royal flush as last to act on the river.

Transcript for hand #220109842462 requested by DrTyore (markbreaton@yahoo.ca)

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Hand #220109842462: Tournament #3040626133, $0.96+$1.00+$0.24 USD Omaha Pot Limit - Level V (40/80) - 2020/11/06 12:51:58 ET
Table '3040626133 16' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: PeechuUK (3000 in chips, $1 bounty)
Seat 2: omahabenzo (3995 in chips, $1.50 bounty)
Seat 3: DrTyore (984 in chips, $1 bounty)
Seat 4: bonoru (4873 in chips, $1.50 bounty)
Seat 5: palim (3264 in chips, $1 bounty)
Seat 6: pomor apsp (4583 in chips, $1.50 bounty)
DrTyore: posts small blind 40
bonoru: posts big blind 80
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to DrTyore [3c 7d Kd 2h]
palim: folds
pomor apsp: calls 80
PeechuUK: folds
omahabenzo: folds
DrTyore: calls 40
bonoru: checks
*** FLOP *** [Th 5d Tc]
DrTyore: checks
pomor apsp: checks
*** TURN *** [Th 5d Tc] [Qc]
DrTyore: checks
pomor apsp: checks
*** RIVER *** [Th 5d Tc Qc] [Kc]
DrTyore: bets 100
bonoru: calls 100
pomor apsp: calls 100
*** SHOW DOWN ***
DrTyore: shows [3c 7d Kd 2h] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
bonoru: shows [Jd 8c Qh 9h] (a straight, Nine to King)
pomor apsp: shows [Ac Jc 9s Kh] (a Royal Flush)
pomor apsp collected 540 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 540 | Rake 0
Board [Th 5d Tc Qc Kc]
Seat 1: PeechuUK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: omahabenzo (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: DrTyore (small blind) showed [3c 7d Kd 2h] and lost with two pair, Kings and Tens
Seat 4: bonoru (big blind) showed [Jd 8c Qh 9h] and lost with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 5: palim folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: pomor apsp showed [Ac Jc 9s Kh] and won (540) with a Royal Flush

If you have any questions, please contact us at "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.eu>

You are receiving this email as a customer of The Stars Group (TSG), who operate brands that are accessed using a Stars Account.

For more information, please visit http://www.pokerstars.eu/starsaccount.

TSG Interactive Gaming Europe, Villa Seminia, 8, Sir Temi Zammit Avenue, Ta' Xbiex, XBX 1011, Malta.

Comments

• Bots in the $2 tourney.
  • BTW he didn't check the river and I would be worried about your own game if you are leading with the 3rd best hand into two opponents....and also that you don't know what a check is....
    martinmc13
  • Okay, so he just calls the river with a Royal, not checks..
    And my play? 2 things..... two 10's on the flop checked there and turn? I can rep a 10 with a bet out I thought.... but then also, I was drinking too lol :)

Mark
  • Well last time I was at moose's he seemed adamant that there are BOTs on Poker Stars.
    However, in all likelihood he was only pulling my chain aka only joking around.

His logic was that he should be crushing $0.01/.02 (paraphrasing what I remember him saying)...
  • I’m going to guess it was either a misclick or they didn’t realize they made the royal. I did that once with a straight flush playing live. I was so focused on my flush draw that I didn’t even notice I made the nuts. I led out, got raised, just called, and inadvertently slowed the ace high flush.

Or online poker is rigged.
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited October 2022
    @martinmc13
    I've done the exact same thing, folded my (unknown) straight flush to Moose's higher strait flush. He was not happy for some reason! something about bad luck and its the only luck..

@thisORthat
    BTW there are bot on PS but as you can imagine they are programmed to be not detectable! The more they get caught the more they refine the software. as long as they play like a human and act like a human PS cannot tell that they are not a human. I have gotten many a refund from PS because I was in a tournament with a bot. you now got 60th place instead of 61. Or I have played a cash games against one and they just give you all losses back they took from you!
    martinmc13