Where to deposit $200 and what stakes?

Wheres the best site to deposit $200 right now?
I already play on Stars but i dont know if i should deposit there again, or if another site would be better.
And seriously, would you guys really play like 1c/2c, or would you take a stab at something a little higher?
I usually like to play 10c/25c, but here i am depositing again so maybe not a great idea.
Ive read the books and i know about the strict bankroll requirements they advocate, but i guess im curious if any of you reading actually follow that advice or not.
Thanks for reading

Comments

• I don't think I'd play lower than .10-.25 online. Rake is probably unbeatable. Could try Party or perhaps RunItOnce where rake is more manageable.

I'm not incredibly strict on bankroll management but it's not like I'm playing as a job. It's just a hobby for me. However, playing $25NL with 8 buy-ins sounds like your going to be depositing a lot. I'd say at least 20 buy-ins minimum if you're worried about bankroll.
    MrCaspan
  • thanks for the response
  • I grind away at the lower stakes a lot to try to get my bank roll up. I add to my bank roll every week though.. So I added $100 US to PokerStars and grind away at 1c/2c and i make and loose some money but it gives me 50 buyins to learn and play with. But i also add $30 a week to that bank roll and once I got to $250 i moved up to 2c/5c and I keep adding to the bank roll maybe other wining from a tournament etc. This way I have a proper bank roll to deal with the ups and downs and I normally find I break even but I am also doing it for the learning and the fun.. I really enjoy playing poker so its not all about the money for me at these stakes. Plus the more hands you put into PokerTracker the more hands you can learn your leaks from! I was told if you cant beat 1c/2c you had no business in any higher stakes because players are just as erratic in all levels and just as serious in all levels.
  • Wheres the best site to deposit $200 right now?
    I already play on Stars but i dont know if i should deposit there again, or if another site would be better.
    And seriously, would you guys really play like 1c/2c, or would you take a stab at something a little higher?
    I usually like to play 10c/25c, but here i am depositing again so maybe not a great idea.
    Ive read the books and i know about the strict bankroll requirements they advocate, but i guess im curious if any of you reading actually follow that advice or not.
    Thanks for reading

The pokerstars rake structure at .01/.02 is capped at .30, 15 Big Blinds!!! https://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/rake/?no_redirect=1
    This probably is not beatable.
    I don't think I could beat that structure.
    The .02/.05 is capped at 1.00, 20 Big blinds!! Even worse!
    An optimal strategy with this much rake would be *very* tight!

• If you like to play .10/.25 then I would continue to play that, rather than dropping down to unbeatable rake structures.
    Bfillmaff
  • If you like to play .10/.25 then I would continue to play that, rather than dropping down to unbeatable rake structures.

thank you this is helpful
  • edited August 2020
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    I was told if you cant beat 1c/2c you had no business in any higher stakes because players are just as erratic in all levels and just as serious in all levels.
    I used to tell players to start by playing 1c/2c. I don't think that's true any more.
    Way back in the poker boom, sites like Ultimate Bet had zero rake for 1c/2c. I built my starting bankroll by playing freerolls and 1c/2c.
    Now the max rake for 1c/2c is 30c on stars.
    Imagine if max rake for 1/2 live was 30 dollars!
    I don't think I could beat that rake.
    Edit: Thinking more, I'm sure I can't beat that rake. Has anyone here beaten 1/2c over a big sample size? Small sample size? Has Chris Fergeson beaten the 30c rake in 1/2c?
    MrCaspan
  • trigs wrote: »

The article also talks about the really really poor Support from PokerStars. I can concur; had a problem signing up, waited ages for a reply to my inquiry about "why and I blocked from signing up", finally got a reply, had to submit a copy of my driver's licence, waited weeks, finally got another reply "we also need a copy of a utility bill" which wasn't ever mentioned as a requirement. Finally just had a buddy transfer me a few bucks so I can play in our moved-online regular game. I wouldn't recommend anyone start with PokerStars now.
  • I put some money on GGPoker for WSOP and figured I'd try out their software and cash games. Rake I think is 3% with no max. Decent traffic at least.
    Damn I miss live poker :(
    Toronto Pimp
  • And we miss your donations trigs, come play online with us, we are bad players.
  • compuease wrote: »
    And we miss your donations trigs, come play online with us, we are bad players.

Yeah I know. I suck. I'll try to play more, especially now that I can play on my phone.