Pokerstars 5 Card Omaha All-in Option

With the home quarantine I've played some online the last couple of days.

The villain and I get all-in, I have middle set, wrap str8 draw and flush draw. Then 2 buttons pop-up, "Continue with Hand" or "Take back X.XX" (maybe not the exact term). If you select continue you can win full pot, if you select take back you only win the stated X.XX.

In this instance the villains top set held and won $85 of $160 pot. When noticed this I went to the notes and read a comment(not exact) pot not awarded due to cash out option selected. Therefore in this instance approximately $75 went to Pokerstars coffers. Money off table is not a good option for anyone.

I know it could work both ways, where I could have won the pot $160 and where the villain would have got $85 costing Pokerstars $85.

This was my first experience with this, I don't think I care for it. I think players can make calls on the turn in big pot knowing they can select the cash out option. Just not my way of playing poker, similar running it twice which I never do. I'll run 1 or 3 times because there has to be a risk to your play, has to be a winner.

Anybody with experience with this can expand on my explanation.

Comments

• Yeah it's a somewhat new feature which I hate. Genius for stars though. If other player selects it and you don't though it won't affect you.
  • Is that how that works? I’ve never clicked it, but I assumed it only applied if both players selected it and it then basically became like an ICM chop based on each player’s odds of winning.

I don’t think I like it either way.
  • Yep, the rest of the pot goes to Pokerstars. I'd rather my opponent get the money than it goes to Pokerstars, that is why I turned off the feature in settings.

Nobody should do the cashout.
  • trigs wrote: »
    Yeah it's a somewhat new feature which I hate. Genius for stars though. If other player selects it and you don't though it won't affect you.

Well, it takes money off the table. Depending on how bad a beat you take, it can end up being a lot.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Well, it takes money off the table. Depending on how bad a beat you take, it can end up being a lot.

You're right. I meant that it didn't affect what you win in the hand. It obviously removes money from the table which means P* wins.