I get rivered more times than I'd like

I'm still mucking around playing for play money. Last STT, 6 players, this guy/gal kept shoving every second or third hand. So I waited until I got a hand, KJ offsuit, and called his all in. He turns over a 34 offsuit. So things are looking OK, until the river. I had the guy high carded until a 4 hits on the river. This happens very often.

Comments

• It happens statistically exactly as often as it should..
    Do you know what your odds to win are?
  • Odds of winning? I have no idea.
  • Assuming you have all different suites the 3,4 off will win about 35% of the time. When you start playing for real money it will seem even worse.. https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/texas-holdem
  • So the one thing you have to have to remember when playing for play money is "No one gives a shit" and I really mean that of you are playing for nothing there is nothing to gain nothing to lose. People will shove all in with any hand because their phone rings and they want to take the call. It is extremely had to get and real proper poker action from a play player and all the rules of poker almost go right out the window. One I switched to pay poker even if 25 cents are on the line people play different, like seriously different... This is taco money I call it. Start to play the 50c tournaments or 1c/2c cash games. You will have to invest some money to learn.

My advice, only mine others can add or object

Free is not same as cash

Cash is not the same as tournament play

1. Take a deck of cards, deal two card to yourself and think about the best hand you could make by the river. If the flop turn river we're perfect what perfect hand could you make. What's the second best hand, 3rd 4th,5th. This will force you to learn the power of your hole cards and know the hand strengths. Later when you put someone else on a hand you'll know if youre beat alos. Do a flop and assess highest hand again, turns do again, river figure it out again. Keep doing this over and over and over again. Learn you hands and rank of hands. Even make a cheat sheet for odds of flopping quads or full houses and see how hard it is to get some hands.

2. Learn table position, this is very very important as to how and why you should bet/call/fold.

3. Learn Pot odds / Hand equities / Fold equities / Perceived odds etc..

4. Learn tells

5 learn advanced poker
  • Don't tap the glass...... :)
  • Have a look at this calculator. You can put in all different starting hands and see what the odds are pre-flop . Then you can add in a flop and see how the odds change........

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/texas-holdem
  • compuease wrote: »
    Assuming you have all different suites the 3,4 off will win about 35% of the time. When you start playing for real money it will seem even worse.. https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/texas-holdem

Thanks Pimp, pretty sure nobody pays much attention to the old guy..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thanks Pimp, pretty sure nobody pays much attention to the old guy..

Jeff, I will be 50 in 18 months..... I now have to carry a man purse because I need to have my medication and 3 pairs of eyeglasses with me at all times. When I get to having to wear depends I may go out in a blaze of glory..... Rambo style.
  • Jeff, I will be 50 in 18 months..... I now have to carry a man purse because I need to have my medication and 3 pairs of eyeglasses with me at all times. When I get to having to wear depends I may go out in a blaze of glory..... Rambo style.
    Are you really THAT old... We will have to have a party... Oh and depends... Not that bad really.. ;)
  • Solution: fold on the turn.
  • HarryII wrote: »
    I get rivered more times than I'd like.

Don't we all?
  • Just an FYI. K-J offsuit is not a real good hand.